Weak

As White as Milk [Semi-Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I am always on the lookout of everything.

 

SIX 

 

9:17AM was displayed on her clock when she finally woke up. Wednesday; she didn’t have any lessons to attend. Washing up and dressing in comfortable clothes, she wondered why it was so quiet this morning, usually the sounds of Zelo’s laughter and JooYeol’s barking would wake her up.

Descending the stairs and entering the living room, she spotted JooYeol wandering around waving her fluffy tail as if waiting for someone; she glanced at the couch and saw the teenager body crawled under his blanket.

She approached the boy and noticed he was shivering; she tried waking him up but all she got as a response was a quiet sneeze. Starting to worry, she removed the blanket off his head and was alarmed when she saw Zelo’s pale face, his red nose and trembling dry lips. She checked his forehead and it was burning; he sure had a cold.

Hurriedly, she hollered to the bathroom, wetted a small towel and came back to the living room to put it on his forehead. She decided to try curing him home first, maybe it wasn’t really serious. Running to the kitchen she started making a very healthy breakfast. If Zelo was going to be cured, he had to get a proper nutrition to fight the illness.

Heading to the living room, she attempted once again to wake Zelo.

“Zelo, wake up, you need to eat your breakfast. Come on, Noona will help you” she aided the Weak boy sitting up and hurriedly put a sweater on him to warm him up.

Walking him carefully to his seat, she handed him some tissues as the boy kept sneezing and coughing. After she made sure Zelo was eating, she started making him an herbal drink made of a mix of different curing plants. She always liked using herbs and spices in her food, it made it very natural in her opinion. After getting the drink done, she placed it in front of Zelo who looked at her questionably.

“Drink this, Zelo. It’ll help you” she stated

The boy took the mug in his hands and took sip. Surprised by the drink’s bitterness, Zelo made an expression on his face.

“Zelo thinks this is yucky! Zelo doesn’t like this!” he said as he put the mug back on the table, followed by a sneeze.

“Come on, you have to, it’s not that bitter, I put so much honey in it” she said and he took a small sip but didn’t swallow it.

“Come on, swallow it, and I promise to take you out if you get healthy again this evening okay?”

Interested with the outing, Zelo hurriedly drank the remedy but his face didn’t hide the complete sense of bitterness.

After having breakfast and feeding JooYeol, she helped the boy back in the couch, she tucked him in a pile blankets and his stuffed toys then turned the T.V on and put it in his favorite cartoon channel. She planned on taking him to Yixing in the afternoon if his situation didn’t get better. Putting a wet towel on his forehead again, she dashed upstairs to bring her books. She decided to study in the living room incase Zelo needed something.

From now and then, the boy would sneeze and cough, and she’d give him more tissues and change his towel.

 

                  M                                                 I                                                      L                                                   K                    
                                                                                                                                                                                               

2PM and Zelo’s condition wasn’t going nowhere near the good. Dressing up, she made the boy wear warm clothes and took the bus to the hospital. Ascending to Yixing’s office, she knocked twice and entered her cousin’s bureau. Welcoming her with a warm genuine smile, the doctor asked her about how she was doing.

“I am perfectly fine.. But he isn’t” she answered

Please log in to read the full chapter