Pranked Again

Bad Apple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmin was exhausted. Not because he was out interrogating Jessica’s sister with Sunny, but because he was out interrogating Jessica’s sister with Sunny.

She couldn’t stop chattering all the way there, throughout the questioning process, and all the way back.

The poor male officer thought his ears were going to bleed. Sure, he could put up with her talking every day at the office because his cubicle was so far away from hers, but when she sat in his passenger seat for the full forty minutes’ drive to and fro, there was only so much he could take.

Sunny was a cute and bubbly girl with an open personality, and many of the guys in the department had already fallen under her charms (but obviously they hadn’t sat next to her for more than ten minutes). But however many boxes of chocolates she’d receive on Valentine’s day or confessions and invitations she’d get almost every day, she remained miraculously single. Probably because the only person she’d ever have her eyes on was Sungmin, and the latter never really showed much interest in her that way.

The male officer was thankful that his female co-worker got distracted by a shop selling cute animal chocolates on the way back to the office, so at least he could escape the non-stop babbling he’d been hearing for the last two hours or so. Sungmin rode the elevator up to his office floor and heaved a huge sigh when the elevator doors slid open, revealing his sweet, sweet haven that smelt wonderfully of freshly-brewed coffee.

He glanced around the huge office. Hmm, Hyukjae was missing, he thought. The man was almost always sleeping on his desk whenever Sungmin was around, or else he’d be laughing hysterically while telling an uninterested Sungmin about the prank he just pulled off. The absence of this prankster couldn’t mean anything good; in fact he was wondering if Hyukjae was already out with another stupid prank up his sleeve.

Sungmin headed over to his desk and carefully looked around for any y traps. The last time he wasn’t careful, he accidentally walked into a couple of mouse traps Hyukjae had set under his desk, and the outcome wasn’t too pretty. He had caught and wrestled Hyukjae to the floor while the prankster was still laughing his off even if he was held in a simply uncomfortable position. Sungmin’s feet and toes had throbbed painfully throughout the rest of that day and even Kyuhyun about getting it in the the night before because he was hobbling about with difficulty.

Seeing nothing suspicious on the floor, Sungmin heaved a sigh of relief. He pulled out his chair intending to flop on it and perhaps sneak in a nap since nobody was there to give him away.

Just as he pulled out his chair, nearly everything on his desk fell to the floor. His penholder fell to the ground with a loud ‘PLONK’, spilling pens, pencils, paperclips and some coins all over the floor. His mouse and keyboard jerked up and suspended in the air halfway down the table, prevented from crashing to the floor only by the cables. His paperweight crashed onto the floor and rolled away, while whatever other stationery he had on his table (staplers, rulers, erasers and stuff) also bounced to the ground. A tall pile of reports he had stacked neatly on his desk were now scattered throughout the office floor – and to think he’d just spent a whole night arranging them neatly too!! Luckily the photo frames on his desk didn’t fall to the ground and break, but even so they had fallen face down on his desk and were only an inch away from the edge of the table.

Sungmin stared at the mess on the ground in horror and fury. He noticed the transparent fishing lines tied around each of his stuff and immediately knew he’d been pranked on… again. And only one person could have done it.

“LEE HYUKJ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter