Cocolate cake

My Unknown Savior

Min Ju`s POV

We found a small café we both didn`t know so far. But it looked very cozy so we decided to choose this one. “He is a very nice person.” I was still a bit confused but happy at the same time. We seemed to get along quite well since we laughed a lot on our way to the café.

“Let`s go inside. It`s getting cold here.” He smiled and opened the door for me.

“Thanks” I mumbled. I didn`t expect him to be so kind. Well, I guess I shouldn`t complain about his behavior. I felt very comfortable with him.

“Welcome to our café “Lucky Chocolate”. May I help you?” A young lady smiled at us.

“Do you already know what you want to have?” Kiseop asked me. “I am not sure yet.”

I thought about getting some chocolate cake first, but I decided to just have a cup of coffee.

“Oh, I think I will just have some coffee.” I answered quickly. Why am I still so nervous? Kiseop is such a friendly person. There was nothing to be nervous about. Was it?

Kiseop turned over to the lady, who welcomed us before. “I will have a piece of chocolate cake for me and a cup of coffee for her, please.” He was smiling in excitement.

Was he being serious? Did he really just buy what I was thinking about? “Calm down Min Ju! It`s just a piece of chocolate cake! Everyone likes chocolate cake!” I guess I was just overreacting again…

We sat down next to a big window. The sun was shining through it so it was nice and warm inside the café. It was just like we were filming some kind of TV-drama right now…

“Well, I guess I should finally introduce myself. My name is Kiseop and I am a dancing teacher.”

Kiseop… What a nice name. And did he just say he was a dancing teacher?!

“Seems like a pretty good idea. After saving me two times.” We couldn`t help but laugh. “My name is Min Ju. I am currently working as a waitress. But… did you say you were a dancing teacher?”

He looked a bit confused. “Is there some kind of problem with that?”

“Problem? Oh no! Not at all! It`s just that I love to dance and I was a bit surprised.” So he is a dancing teacher.

“Really? That`s cool! What kind of music do you dance to?” He smiled brightly.

“Well, since I mostly listen to k-pop, that`s the music I dance to. I just think it is the best music to dance to. But what about you?”

The waiter brought me my coffee and Kiseop got his cake. Kiseop paid immediately so I didn`t even get the chance to take out my money.

“It´s pretty much the same with me. My students really enjoy k-pop so we mostly dance to it. We are currently working on a little medley they will be performing on a show next week.” He ate a piece of his cake. “Hmm, it`s very tasty. What about your coffee? Is it ok?”

Aish, I totally forgot about my coffee! I quickly took a sip nearly burning my tongue with it. But I just smiled, not wanting to cause any trouble. “It`s very good!”

I couldn`t feel my tongue anymore, but what should I do? I was sitting in a small café, together with the coolest guy I met in a very long time. And this chocolate cake was looking so damn good!

“You want to try it?” He must have noticed that I was looking at his cake.

“Uhm… I … I´d love to… If I can…” There it was again. This uncontrolled mumbling. He probably didn`t even understand what I was “saying”.

“Sure you can. Wait a moment. It`s really good.” He smiled and put a small piece of his cake onto the fork. He then looked at me, waiting for my mouth to open. As I slightly opened it he fed me the cake. He was still looking into my eyes so I immediately blushed and looked down. He was right. The cake really was tasty, but I wasn`t sure if it was because of the cake or because of Kiseop who fed it to me.

“It`s very good.” I said silently. “Thank you…”

Rrrrrrrrrrrrriiing!!! Damn, just when I wanted to ask Kiseop for his phone number, my mobile rang. IT WAS SO RA!

“Damn, I completely forgot her! I was on my way to meet my best friend, when I met you. I am so sorry, but I have to leave or else she will be very mad at me…” How could I forget that?!

“That`s no problem. Wait a moment. I will give you my phone number, so we can meet again.” He smiled at me and wrote a little note with his number. I did the same, so we could exchange them.

“Sorry again. I really would have loved to stay longer. But I have to leave now.” I waved at him with a smile and was about to leave when he grabbed my arm.

“Wait! My car is just around the corner. May I give you a ride?”

I turned over again and saw his eyes looking directly into mine. “You don`t have to. It`s ok…”

“No, please let me help you. I feel like it`s my fault that you missed your appointment.” He was still looking at me, holding my arm.

“Well, ok then. Thank you!” How could this day get any better?

We hurried to get in the car and drove to the café I would meet So Ra at. I left Kiseop`s car, even if I didn`t really want to, after thanking him again for the invitation and for helping me out. I waved at him smiling and he waved back at me. I felt very sorry, but he seemed to understand my situation. So I hurried to get into the café where So Ra was waiting for me.

I knew that I wouldn`t be able to concentrate on her, but I decided to at least try it. I didn`t want her to get even more mad.

After giving So Ra a hug, I sat down and asked the waitress for a piece of chocolate cake.