Miracle or destiny?

My Unknown Savior

Min Ju`s POV

Finally! It was weekend! This week seemed to be endless. Working as a waitress can be very tiring. But now it was finally Saturday and I was on my way to the “Starlight Café” where I was about to meet So Ra. It was our favorite café, so we went there pretty much every weekend.

It was a very nice day. It was pretty cold, but the sun felt totally comfortable. I really enjoyed it when I was walking down the shopping street.  I looked into the shop windows and saw some cool clothes. There was a new shop, called “fashion corner”. I had to tell So Ra about that later.

But as I was looking into those windows, I couldn`t really think about the clothes or the new shop. I still had this guy on my mind who saved me the day before. I replayed the situation again and again in my head and automatically started smiling. It was just like yesterday. I didn`t hear all the people anymore. I didn`t look, what was going on around me. I didn`t have any control about my body anymore. I just had this image on my mind, of this unknown guy, holding me in his arms.

And then it happened. Day-dreaming about that guy I met, I stumbled over something that was laying on the ground. I tried to get my balance back, but it was too late. Clumsy as I am, I was about to fall backwards, when two strong but somehow familiar hands caught me. Could it be?

 

Kiseop`s POV

When I left my younger brothers place I wasn`t very happy about what he told me. Dongho told me about his attempt to find a job. But he didn`t find one so far. I felt very sorry for him, because I knew how much effort he put in it. Thinking about, how I could support him a little, I toddled down the shopping street. I passed a few shops, looking into the windows, but didn`t really see something I could buy for myself.

Since it was weekend, it was quite crowded. But I enjoyed the day no matter what. The weather was just so nice. Even though it was pretty cold, the sun shone in my face and warmed it up.

But what was that? The person in front of me had very nice brown and long hair. They looked just like those of the girl I met at the ice rink yesterday. I couldn`t stop thinking about her the whole evening. I always had her face on my mind, and when I closed my eyes, I could literally feel her eyes looking at me. “Kiseop! Stop thinking about her! You don`t even know her! And you will probably NEVER see her again!” I really should stop thinking about her. There are many girls with long brown hair. I should stop thinking that every single one of those girls could be her.

I tried to distract myself from this girl, so I started looking into the shop windows again. After a while I saw a quite cool jacket. I wanted to look for the price. But when I was just about to turn right to get closer to the window, the girl I saw before stumbled. She lost her balance and fell backwards. Since I was walking directly behind her, she fell precisely into my arms. I wanted to check if everything was ok with her, so I slightly bowed above her. “It`s her! That`s not possible! How could it be?” I couldn`t trust my eyes, but it was true. I looked into the exact same eyes as I did yesterday. I couldn`t help but smile. “Ok, keep calm, Kiseop. Just don`t freak out.”

“Hey, how many times do you want me to save you?” I smiled at her. “Will she even remember me?”

She slowly stood up, still looking at me. “Hey, thank you so much.” Blushing a bit, she nodded at me and finally smiled back.

I was so happy to see her again. It seemed like she recognized me what was a big relieve for me. “What should I say?” I really didn`t want to let her go this time without getting to know her better.

“Are you ok?” I shyly started a conversation.

“Yes, thanks for saving me again.” She started to smile again.

Quick! Say something!” My mind literally screamed at me.

“Uhm… I was wondering if… I don`t know. I was wondering if you would want to… drink some coffee with me or something like that… Would you?” What was wrong with me? I was so nervous like I never was before. I didn`t even know her, but I was very scared she would have no time or just say “no”. So I looked at her hoping that she would say “yes”.

When she heard me asking, her face lighted up and she seemed to be surprised. “Sure. I would love to.”

We smiled at each other. Wow, I really found her again. I felt a prickling in my whole body and I didn`t feel cold anymore. Not one bit.

When we were looking for a nice Café we started chatting a bit. We came along very well and already laughed a lot, when we didn`t even arrive at the Café. 

Today seemed to be my lucky day.