02. Modus

In Between Words [[Extra Content on Chapter 7!]]

After a moment of struggle in front of the ticket booth, mainly caused by Chanyeol who kept on circling her while hopping like an over excited puppy, they finally managed to set their foot on the monorail that was heading to Sentosa island.

Because it was a Wednesday and it wasn’t a school holiday, there weren’t that many people aboard the monorail. From all the space they could choose to sit, the boys, led by Baekhyun, all occupied the seats in the middle of the compartment. They left Eve and Joonmyeon to stand all on their own at the end of the row.

“What… Are you doing?” Joonmyeon squinted his eyes, suspicious with the group’s unusual feat.

“Nothing,” Sehun said while trying to hold back his giggles, “Why are you standing up hyung? You’re making Eve uncomfortable.”

Joonmyeon looked at Eve, who shrugged at him and had started to walk to the seats on the other side of the compartment, and back at Sehun.

Then, something clicked in his mind.

“I know what you’re trying to do here.”

“What? We’re just sitting.” Baekhyun tilted his head to the side and pull an exaggerated version of a confused expression.

“Um… Joonmyeon-ssi,” Eve tried to interrupt when she saw that they were nearing their destination, “I think it’s better for you to sit…” But he didn’t even bother.

“Ooh, no, no, no. I clearly know what you’re trying to do here,” he let out a sarcastic laugh and walked slowly toward Baekhyun.

“You’re just imagining things hyung,” Kyungsoo, who had been quietly sitting at the far end of the row all that time, finally found his voice and gave Joonmyeon a smirk, “Just sit down will ya? You can’t just leave Miss Chen all on her own.”

The remark got a positive response, with most of the boys simultaneously bursting out into laughters.

“Okay, you know what? Fine. Whatever. You win.” He threw his arms up in frustration and dropped himself down next to a giggling Eve, “And now what’s wrong with you?”

“It’s going to be an abrupt stop.” She said to him in between her giggles.

Initially, he didn’t understand what she meant by that, but still he waited.

Here’s to clear things up. Because of the lack of passengers, the monorail was going faster than usual. And so, when they went into a stop, there was going to be a bigger momentum. What does a bigger momentum means?

Means that it was worth the wait.

As the monorail went into a sudden stop, it sent Baekhyun, who were laughing on the edge of his seat, to tumble down the compartment like a humongous ball.

The laughter stopped for a split second, only to return back in a louder roar.

Joonmyeon's jaw dropped and his face was lit with shock and amusement, and a bit of triumph, really, because karma is a , am I right Baekhyun?

He looked at Eve, who gave him a mischievous wink and a wide, wicked grin. She leaned close to him and whispered,

“I told you.”

MTBCHMA.jpg

“Come on! Come on! Let’s go to the roller coaster!” Chanyeol tugged onto his hyungs’ arms, pulling them behind him with the power of excitement.

They were at the second section of the park, ‘Sci-Fi City’. So far, Baekhyun had conjured his comeback when they were watching the street-dancing act at the first section of the park, by pushing Joonmyeon from the crowd when the performers were asking for volunteers to come forward.

Joonmyeon really wanted to hit Baekhyun, definitely. But he couldn’t do that, as he was surrounded by jumping toddlers and a bunch of 10 year olds. Punching someone on the face wouldn’t be a very good example to be given.

And so, Joonmyeon, being a good role model he was, set his dignity aside for a while and danced the dance that was assigned to him. It was not bad, he thought, for he saw that Eve was terribly amused with his silly dancing.

She had been giggling ever since.

“You’re happy, yeah?” Joonmyeon asked her as they were walking in the ‘Battlestar Galactica’ attraction building, on their way to the roller coaster. There were no lines today, so they were practically alone in the futuristic room while they hear the echoes from the boys’ excited chatter and footsteps from ahead of them.

“Yeah.” Eve nodded, biting her lips to tone down her beaming smile, “You looked so cute with the kids earlier.”

“Oh come on,” He threw his head back, “Is there a chance for you to get that image off your mind?”

“No.” Eve giggle became livelier as she began to quicken her pace, unknowingly engaging him in a game of ‘catch-me-if-you-can’.

“Anything I could do to make you forget?” Joonmyeon said teasingly while he tried to get her attention back to him.

“No!” Her giggles turned into laughter as she dashed away from an also laughing Joonmyeon.

Their laughters were cut short by the sound of someone clearing their throat. Eve and Joonmyeon looked around and realized that they had arrived at the roller coaster's loading dock.

“Erm… Please be careful of the steps,” A ride attendant was standing slightly to the left of them, a knowing smile on her face as she carefully led the now quiet and embarrassed couple to their respectful seat on the fairly empty cart. The occupants were only the giggling bunch of immature boys.

“What would you do to make me forget, hyung?” Jongin's half shout could be heard coming from the row in front of them.

“Oh, shut up you!” Joonmyeon's ramblings were cut short with a loud mechanical hum, which was quickly followed with a loud announcement from the attendants that reminded them to, “Have fun and forget everything!”
He looked at Eve, expecting her to be as annoyed by the boys as him. But instead, he found her grinning widely at him, swinging her feet back and forth with much of excitement.

The sight brought a smile back to Joonmyeon's face. Enough smile, in fact, to make him grab her hand firmly and threw it up to the air as they went through the first major drop in the roller coaster’s course with an ear-piercing scream.
The announcer was quite correct in a way that, at that moment, they did forget everything.

MTBCHMA.jpg

A/N: Up with a new chapter! Please comment and maybe you can suggest where they'll go next?