Puzzle Pieces

Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho POV

As my break was over, me and Changmin were preparing for our 2nd album release and this time I told Changmin that I would like to write the songs that intended to give or pass the hidden message to Jae, as again, he did not want to tell me yet where he is right now. I have been practically living in the music studio for weeks now together with Changmin, but I always asked him to go back home every two days to take shower and freshen up before we continue to record the song. I have yet returned back to my parent’s house to ask for more clarification regarding the accident and why they were hiding about Jae from me. I was 100% sure that day, when I proposed the promise ring to Jae, I had put a side note on my journal that we would meet up with my parents and confessed to them about our relationship, but there were no updates on the journal after that moment, which I believe was the accident day.

Whenever Changmin left the studio, I took my own break by watching the music channel in Japan that Kim YunJae attended, as he also recently made his comeback with his first album, Heaven. The MC was interviewing him before his performance and asked him about the meaning behind this song. “Heaven, this song is dedicated to someone that is dear to me. That someone might not even remember me, as I changed quite a lot. But I hope this song could reach him one day.” He smiled at the MC and the MC just hummed in response and turned back the attention to the camera and asked the audience to enjoy the song.

(A/N: this video is actually his seoul tour for heaven, but it will be the best one to represent this part)

My mind was digesting the words that YunJae just said to the MC, and I don’t know why but I somehow feel that Kim YunJae is actually Jaejoong, my Boo. When the music started, YunJae sat on the chair and the spotlight was shining right on him.

 

Whatever you do don’t go there again

I’ll take your place and go for you

Whatever can you mean, don’t say that

I want you to answer “okay”

 

It’s good, heaven, but don’t go, heaven

It’s not there in your memory

Actually, I’m scared

That you don’t know me even when you’re looking at me

 

“Jaejoong… You are him… right?” Yunho stepped closer to the TV, as if YunJae was just right in front of him. “YunJae… was it the combination of our name, Jae? Yunho and Jaejoong?” my tone started to quiver, as I could feel the tears formed on my eyes. “Why did you change your name, my love? I… I thought I went insane that my heart started to beat for another person that was not you.” Tears started to fall from my eyes, as I still looked at him on the screen.

 

We will turn back our love

Ask for each other’s names with racing hearts

We need to have our first loves again

In heaven where there is no light

 

“Even if… your name changed, how much you tried to change your appearance… My brain might forget about you, due to the accident. But not my heart, deep inside here…” I put my right hand on my heart, “I still remember you, after I started to hear your name again and again.” My ears started to ring, my head started to feel the same pain that I felt previously, but I forced myself to stay calm as I wanted to listen to him singing until the end.

 

Remember, heaven, it’s frustrating, heaven

Even you grow fainter

Actually, I’m scared

That I can’t know you even when I’m looking at you

 

We will turn back our love

Ask for each other’s names with racing hearts

We need to have our first loves again

In heaven where there is no light

 

Even if something tries to split us

Even if the world tries to split us

Our love will split the darkness

When we find the memories that God gave us

In heaven where there is no light

Heaven that cannot be forgotten

Right when I heard his last part of the song, all I could see was darkness, and Changmin’s voice shouting at my name.

(A/N: Flashback on the last part of the memory)

“Yunho-ah, can we… can we not tell them today? I feel really nervous about it. What If they disagree with our relationship? What if they asked us to break up? I… I don’t want to make you fight or argue with your parents. I…” Jae's lips were sealed with me kissing his lips and my hands wrapped around his waist. I stared at his eyes gently and brought my right hand to caress his cheek, “Stop thinking and trust me, Jaejoong. You know that I will always stay beside you and I will never let you go anymore, not after that time, when your parents decided to move to Japan for so many years. I don’t think I can stay sane without having you right next to me.” Jae eyes were still full of worry, but he, himself, did not want to feel that separation again. He leaned his forehead on mine and closed his eyes, “I know. I can’t go through another time living without you next to me. I was really grateful that your parents decided to bring me into your family, after my parents passed away. Although, they said that I was your adoptive brother, but to be honest, neither of us have signed through paper that we were the legal adoptive brother.” He wrapped his arms on my neck and looked into my eyes, “And I’m glad that we were not real brothers, as I want you to be my lover forever. This, I could promise you. My heart will only beat for you. My eyes… will only look at you and I want us to build a family together, with or without a child, as long as you are there with me till death do us apart.” I told him and gently placed a soft kiss on his lips. Not long after that, I felt him kiss my lips back softly, kiss that both of us could feel about love and longing for each other.

When we arrived at the restaurant, my parents had arrived a little bit earlier than us and they were ordering food for us. Me and Jae sit next to each other, facing my parents. They were asking what we had been up to, and whether we were prepared to enter our trainees life, which was within the next 3 days. Whenever I almost wanted to tell them about our relat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter