prologue (2/2)

Over-protective

Chanyeol remembered on how he and Jinri parted ways, after being an exchange student in Japan for three whole months and guided by Jinri. He never knew when he'll meet Jinri again, even though their countries were just close to each other's.


"Chanyeol.." Jinri spoke softly in her Korean accent and hugged Chanyeol from behind, tugging onto the latter's sleeve.

Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh in unsatisfaction, looking down to the ground. Of course, he didn't want to leave Jinri but the period of three months was just too short for him and now, he had to go back home.

"I'm sorry, Jinri.. But I really have to go. We won't meet each other anymore."

Thanks to Jinri, Chanyeol's Japanese had improved and he and Jinri were nominated for the Spring Gala, at the last two weeks before Chanyeol's departure, as the 'Cutest Couple on Earth' and eventually won, earning crowns on flowers placed on them. They took photos at the photo booth outside the school hall and each of them saved two photos out of four into their wallets, as their cherished memories.

"D-Don't say that.." Jinri could feel that her tears wanted to pour onto the ground but she had to fight them back. Chanyeol was now her best frend but it won't last for long, just for three months.

"I-I promise, we would meet each other in the future. Maybe, I'll go back to my.. I mean, our hometown."

Chanyeol turned around and brushed Jinri's hair with his long fingers, flashing a warm smile, which melt Jinri's heart and washed down her pain over the fact that Chanyeol was leaving. "I hope that could happen and remember.."

Chanyeol planted a kiss on Jinri's forehead and Jinri's lips curled into a small smile. Their famous trademark was their friendly forehead kisses, which some might assume that they were a couple. But the kisses were made to show their affection for each other, which made their friendship stronger. "I love you, my best friend."

"I love you too, my best friend." Jinri's tears started rolling down her cheeks when she released the hug and she wiped them with her tears. Their second famous trademark was the I love you's, signalling their "love" for each other.

Chanyeol crushed his and Jinri's bodies into another tight embrace before releasing it in a really slow pace and leaving Japan with a heavy heart and Jinri.. forever.

Jinri's eyes were stuck onto Chanyeol's figure, watching on how the security guards at the airport checked his luggage and stuff. But everything was interrupted with a pat on Jinri's shoulder, by Jinri's aunt. "Let's go home."

This is not how their little story ends – there are more to come, when they re-unite by chance.


Word Count: 460 words 

Welcome to Author's Note (15.02.14): Huzzah! I managed to update this today since I had free time. After this, dinner and homework are waiting for me! Oh yes, I decided to make a part two of the prologue so, it could be a little longer. So, I hope you guys will enjoy this update after a week and a day. Also, thank you very much for the early support by my beloved 11 subscribers for this fanfic! You deserve this – /gives virtual hugs and hearts/