prologue (1/2)

Over-protective

Jinri remembered what happened during their first meeting in Osaka, Japan. The meeting happened when the two were thirteen year-old and Chanyeol happened to be an exchange student from his hometown, South Korea.


"H-Hello.. M-My name's Park Chanyeol, a-an exchange student from South Korea.. Nice to meet you. I-I hope we could be nice friends f-for t-three m-months." Chanyeol tried hard to speak in a foreign language, which was Japanese, but with his usual Korean accent.

Some students let out a soft chuckle at his introduction, some boo-ed at him for not making a proper introduction with their thumbs down while some of them just smiled, especially Jinri, who was also from the same place as Chanyeol.

Jinri moved from Korea to Japan when she was seven years-old, due to her parents wanting to take care of her grandfather and continue their business in the States. So, it was best for Jinri to move to Japan and live with her uncle and aunt.

"Okay then, Chanyeol, you could sit next to Choi Jinri, a fellow student from Korea. As you know, he will guide you in these three months and you'll live with her, as a request from your parents."

Their Japanese and class teacher, Miss Sakura turned her head to Jinri and raised an eyebrow, clasping her hands together. "Are you okay with that, Jinri?"

Jinri, who was still stunned that Chanyeol will live with her, just nodded her head and gave a short wave at Chanyeol, pointing at the empty seat beside her at the back of the class. 

Chanyeol heaved a sigh in relief and immediately went towards Jinri, sitting down next to her and beginning to speak fluently in his mother language. "Good morning, Jinri-sshi."

He extended his hand out, waiting for a shake. Jinri shook Chanyeol's hand and flashed a bright smile, which melted Chanyeol's heart in an instant.

"Good morning and welcome to our school, Chanyeol. Oh, just drop the formalities! Besides, we're going to adapt things together, right?" 

"Oh yes. Thank you for the warm welcome!" Chanyeol bowed his head, like more than a hundred times, as a sign of respect. That made Jinri laugh and think, This Chanyeol's very funny.

"Stop bowing! Your neck will hurt! And ah, you're always welcome!" Jinri burst into another giggle before patting Chanyeol's head.

She suddenly noticed that Miss Sakura had started the lesson and leaned in to whisper, "Let's focus on our lesson now."

Chanyeol just cracked into his signature grin and gave Jinri a thumbs up, his eyes fixating on the whiteboard. The flashback replayed on his mind again and he found Jinri very cute, which made his grin wider.

This was how the little story of Chanyeol and Jinri develop into the future stages in their life.


Welcome to Author's Note (07.02.14): italic refers to them speaking in Japanese

I'm updating today because I feel to kick off this fanfic so, I could remember the storyline and update faster than a speed of lightning, hihi. I hope you guys will enjoy this little prologue and do leave your honest opinion in the comment box. Thank you so much, my dear readers. :)