A Trail of Love

Love is on the air SNSD collection of stories

REQUESTED BY: TEUKIE_YAMAP

 

“Clear the vicinity, The President is coming. Gentlemen, on places now” A voice from the speaker was heard all over the company.

 

Everybody went to fall a line and bowed down as the President passes by them towards his office.

 

“Lay my schedules on my table Sunmi and prepare all the documents to be reviewed. By the way, don’t forget to remind me with my gift to Grandma” The President said it in an authoritative manner.

 

“Yes President” Sunmi, his Secretary said. Actually, she is his younger sister but they don’t act as brother – sister relationship when it comes to work. He asked his sister for this additional work not mentioning she is also the Vice – President for marketing Department simply because he doesn’t trust anyone after the incident 7 years ago.

 

 

He is one of the most admired bachelors in Korea as well as in Asia. He got the looks, the charms and of course the wealth. He may be perfect as you may see but he got a broken heart and it isn’t easy to heal. Meet LEE ONEW, the President and CEO of Lee Corporations.

 

Onew is reviewing some documents Sunmi had prepared when Minhoo, his Executive Assistant / bodyguard / driver / and all you can think of, but especially his caring and loving BROTHER came over his office.

 

“Hyung, I mean President… ” he started

 

“It’s okay Minhoo, it’s only the two of us here. What is it your about to say?” he said

 

“The supervising engineer of Hwangdon Construction called earlier and he said that there are some problems that you need to see.”

 

“Alright then, you go there immediately and fix the problems” he said still looking for the papers in hand.

 

“But Hyung, it’s not my forte. I got dizzy looking with that wide paper with lines and boxes whatever you call that. Please Hyung, I am begging you. I can go with you but please don’t let me go there alone. I might make the problem got worse and I know you don’t like that to happen” he pouts and secretly smirks.

 

“You really know how to make excuses Minhoo, alright you won now, prepare the car and” “Done and already heating up” he cut Onew’s instruction

 

“You are really one of a kind” Onew said while preparing himself for he is caught up by his tricky dongsaeng.

 

It was a quite ride for the both of them. Minhoo is busy manipulating the wheels and listening to music while Onew is also busy taking a nap on the back seat. As they reached their destination, Onew directly did a meeting with the staff in order to make such actions to the said problem. After several hours, the meeting was finally adjourned. He did bow, thank everyone and excuse himself for he had to leave the area.

 

“Let’s go” he said while hitting Minhoo’s head who is busy playing on his PSP.

 

“Oh, Just a minute Hyung, I’m nearly winning” he said still busy flickering his fingers on the device.

 

“Come on now” Onew said while slowly walking away from his dongsaeng

 

“Wait a little bit hyung, oh.. One more…. Then…… goal??? Aishhhh.. Last try hyung”

 

“Alright then, you can have an hour if you want.” Onew said it louder enough for him to hear for they on a distance now then made a soft chuckle.

 

“Thank you hyung, I’ll make it up you next time, promise!!”

 

“Your welcome dear dongsaeng, I guess you just forgot I know how to drive a car” he said and walk a little bit faster

 

“What?” Minhoo asked and looked back to see his hyung a centimeter away from the car. “Omo! Hyung, wait up” then hurriedly ran off to him.

 

Onew was a little tired so he decided to take a nap for while just when he was into a deep sleep he felt the car had stopped.

 

“Weh? What is going on?” he asked

 

“Nothing hyung, I will just buy some flower for Yuri, you know we had this little fight last night” Minhoo said “Would you like to come? They have a fresh air here” he added.

 

“We need to hurry Minhoo, I’ve got many things to do back in the city and besides Yuri won’t forgive you without beating you up” he chuckles

 

“Yah, hyung! Its not funny and taking a little stroll wont make the company bankrupt” he abruptly said and slam the car’s door.

 

Minhoo was a little pissed by his hyung and walk a little bit fast in pace. Just when he was about to go inside the market, a tap on his shoulder was made.

 

“What kind of flowers do she like?” Onew asked and smiled genuinely Minhoo didn’t move a bit being shocked how his hyung is acting. “Yah, aren’t you going to move there?”

“Deh,” the only word Minhoo had said.

 

Why does hyung suddenly agrees with my ideas?  He was always the opposite way around towards this kind of things. Minhoo thought

 

They planned for a quick stroll but it ended up for a long one. They are having fun trying out the new trends of fashion; they even took silly pictures wearing crazy hats and glasses. They also taste the different delicacies Hwangdon has to offer them. It was quite a while since they started their stroll when Minhoo suddenly remembered their reason why they got there.

 

“Hyung, I miss these moments of us, I wish Sunmi was here so we are complete and I guess we already forgot to buy flowers huh?” Minhoo left a soft chuckle

 

Yeah, Mianhae dongsaeng, I was selfish enough to only think of my agony and nearly forgot that I have you and Sunmi to help me through no matter what. So this is what it feels like…to be happy…to have fun…to make a smile…AGAIN. I guess 7 years is enough and I need to move on. I have to move on.

 

“I nearly forgot too” he said in a low voice “Excuse me ajhumma, where do we find a good florist here?” he asked a vendor

 

“There are many florists in the south part of the market but there is a famous one, THERESE flower shop, she is pretty famous here so just ask along your way” the woman said and left them a smile

 

“Thank you so much” they both said and bowed down

 

 

It wasn’t a hard maze for them to reach the said flower shop for what the ajuhmma had   said earlier it is quite popular. The shop itself doesn’t have a wide space but it contains a variety of flowers to choose from. It is painted with yellow and wooden decorations that give a refreshing feeling as you go inside.

 

“Good afternoon. Welcome to Therese Flower Shop, what can we do to you gentlemen?” a tall man with a fair skin greeted them

 

“Annyeonghaesayo” the two greeted him

 

“So, this is the popular flower shop, are you the florist?” Onew asked as he looks around the shop.

 

This man seems familiar. Where do I met him before? Aigoo.. my memory is really decreasing. Omo! He is…

                                                                                                                            

“Excuse me?” Onew waved his hand back and forth across his face to let him back to his proper senses

 

“Mianhae, I was thinking of… never mind…  what is your question again?” he said

 

“Its alright, I am just asking if you are the one who prepares the flowers.” Onew asked

 

“Anni… Its….”his words are being cut by a female voice who is calling him

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Deh.. Yoebo.. just wait a sec” he said in a low and caring voice “Its my wife. She is the one who arranges the flowers”

 

“Oh, I like this one hyung” Minhoo said while smelling the tulips in the counter

 

“Oppa, what took you so long? Oh, we have a customer here. Annyeonghaesayo” a pretty lady went out from the curtains wearing a cute pink dress

 

Otteoke

 

Omo! Tiffany Unnie?

 

Tiffany

 

 

 

Otteoke

 

“Tiffany? Such a pretty name, I am Choi Therese by the way” she politely said

 

A deafening silence covered the area. Variety of emotions were being shown, a face of confusion, doubt, agony and troubled. A forced cough by his husband broke the silence.

 

“ahm.. so.. what kind of arrangement do you want sir?”

 

“aaah… ahm..” Minhoo babbled as he looked around “Roses… White Roses” he said and made a smile

 

“Great choice sir... White for sincerity, would you like it in a bouquet or in a basket look?” she asked

 

“Whatever you think is best for an apology gift” Minhoo said and slightly blushed

 

“Oh, how thoughtful of you” she said and made her way to a table to prepare the things she needed.

 

ONEW’s POV

 

What? How could it be?

 

I don’t know how tons of questions had been running through my mind for the past 7 years. Doubts and confusion are now all over my system. I was happy and relieved that she is still alive after no news for such a long time but at the same time I was mad totally mad and angry for leaving me and breaking my heart and what hurts the most is seeing her happily married while I was in a deep agony. Therese? And now you changed your name, but no matter what you do I still can know who you are. I cannot take this emotion any longer I need to breath out, move Onew, get out from this place it will only hurt you more.

 

Onew made his way out bringing a restless look. Minhoo on the other hand was also confused of what is happening but he just don’t speak his mind to prevent such tensions. He can totally feel what his brother is feeling right now with only one glimpse of his face. As he saw his brother walking out, he wanted to go with him and be with his side but a part of him tugged him to stay in order to solve the mystery of his hyungs love story, another side of his brain told him to stay and give his brother his moment and shut up, don’t ask questions for he is not part of the picture.

 

Therese gracefully attached the flowers to the floral foams and decorates the basket with her magnificent touch, as she pinned down the last ribbon of the basket she made an approval smile as a sign of satisfaction.

 

“Tadaa, it’s done. I hope she will forgive you after this”

 

“Thank you so much, I hope she will really do, Kangsahamnida Tiff.. I mean Therese unnie” he said and handed down a couple of bills and proceeded to the doorway, before he finally be out he took a final look to her and still he can confirm that it is totally TIFFANY and he is not having any delusions. He found his older brother sitting along the corner with gaze towards nowhere. He empathizes what he felt but at the same time he needed to cool down the situation and do the right thing later on.

 

“Hyung, its done Lets go” he said as he tap Onew’s shoulder.

 

“Ha?? Ahhhmmm.. Okay” he absentmindedly answer

 

MINHOO’s POV

 

It was a total silent and awkward ride back to the city. My mind is telling me to shut up while my heart is urging me to open up the dust covered story of my brother. It was indeed a dilemma but the die is cast. I need to help my hyung, he need to fix up his past in order to move on freely in the future. This is will be my next project entitled “HYUNG, BE HAPPY”

 

As we reached the city, hyung instructed me to go directly to the office for he wanted to work till midnight but I guess he need to unwind a little bit and went to a wine bar instead. After a few shots of liquor, hyung became more talkative, he utter out anything that will come out from his mouth, he do some crazy acts, confess his embarrassing moments, the people he hate until it reaches to his heart issue.

 

“Minhooyah”

 

“neh”

 

“Thank you for everything, for always being there for me. You and Sunmi are my most treasured people in my heart. Mianhae for being a bad hyung, but then again thank you for not leaving me” he said with a serious mode in his eyes. He made a few shots again and starts to talk endlessly.

 

Yah, Minhoo.. Do you know how my heart  is aching right now? (Soft chuckles) I thought I was over her but I was wrong, I still love her even more. The moment I saw her earlier made me feel hatred and anger throughout my system but it gradually deteriorates as I was enchanted by her presence. I still cant deny the fact that I love her more than the first time I fell in love with her but what shatters me the most is seeing her happily married while I am suffering and she even act like I don’t exist at all in her life, Aaaahhh

 

“I guess you have drank too much hyung”

 

I am not drunk, I can still have more. Let us drink some more dongsaeng

 

Minhoo cant resist his hyung and let him be as he is inorder to lighten up his burden. They made fun and enjoy the rest of the night.

 

 

“Good morning, is this Therese Flower Shop?” a man in a decent black suit asked

 

“Deh, how may I help you sir?” Therese brightly answer back

 

“I am Lee Taemin from the Lee Corporations; we would like to offer you a deal in catering the floral design for our Annual Anniversary event”

 

“Oh, really, I am overwhelmed.. Oh my God!, this is such an offer, we would likely accept your offer” she said with a joyful tone

 

After such discussion and signing of the contract Lee Taemin bid his goodbye and Therese excitedly announced it to Siwon.

 

DIRECTOR’S OFFICE

 

“Minhoo, are all the things for the event ready?” Onew asked

 

“Deh, very much sir, I already talked to Sunmi and she said that the foods and invitations were already done”

 

“How about the area?”

 

“Its on the process of finishing touches stage”

 

“that is great to hear, I’ll drop by later at the venue”

 

“Sure thing” he said and made an evil smirk

 

It’s a quarter after 11 and Therese is busy decorating the small bunch of flowers for each table, after a while she went through the entrance door to make a full view of her master piece, she made a smile as an approval. As she was about to turn around Onew enters the door.

 

“Tiffany? I mean Therese?” he asked being totally shocked

 

“Oh… its you from the flower shop a few days ago, Ahhh… what are you doing here?”

 

“Me? What I am doing here? I just check whether the venue for OUR Company is ready” he conceitedly announce

 

“Ooooh… so you are a Lee… aaah” she innocently said

 

“How about you? What are you doing here?”

 

“Me? I decorate here, isn’t is pretty?”

 

“What? I don’t get it”

 

“I am a florist, I decorate the floral design for the event of YOUR company” she explain calmly

 

“But.. Bbuu.. But Why?”

 

“I asked her to” Minhoo blurted out as he enters the scene

 

“What? You did what?”

 

“ I asked Therese expertise for this event for I know she is totally good at it by the way thank you so much Therese for accepting the offer”

 

“No worries Its my pleasure to be at service..and” Onew walked out the door

 

“Yah, hyung.. wait up.. what is your problem?” Minhoo followed him

 

“I don’t have any problem with her abilities” he said in a high tone than his usual

 

“calm down hyung, it that’s the case then what it is you are angry about?”

 

“Calm down? You are asking me to calm down? How would I? I thought you understand my feelings but I guess I was totally wrong”

 

“don’t be so emotional hyung, she is here for business be professional. If you don’t find any problems with her work then that’s it stop being hysterical.”

 

“alright.. alright your right but I just cant stand her presence to be precise and that what I am angry about to answer your question earlier” he said

 

“What? You don’t like me to be here? Why? Have I done something wrong to you? Do you even know me? How dare you to tell that to someone you even didn’t know” Therese holds her anger but there is an evidence of a teary eye

 

“Therese I am sorry, hyung doesn’t mean that way” Minhoo apologizes

 

“Its alright, you don’t have to explain Sir but I just cant understand why such a stranger would feel that way to me. Don’t worry Mr. Owner of the company this would be the first and last time I will work for your company and I swear to God I don’t like to see you either for the rest of my life. You seem to know the person well huh?” she said and made her way out

 

“What? I don’t know you? Do you even hear yourself Tiff.. THERSE? If that’s your real name. How about you wake up from your fake world, get to reality great pretender. You know what I could totally give you an award as Best Actress for a Pretending Role, Bravo!” Onew burst out

 

As Onew was putting his emotions out, she was looking unto his eyes and had flashes of light infront of her, images came in and out, some were blurry and then scenarios were told that made her feel such pain

 

“Aaahh… Omo… Aaahhh… It hurts” she said as she hold her temple then suddenly collapsed right in front of him.

 

“Therese?” Minhoo screamed out loud crying for help “Hyung, get the car.. yah! What are you doing there? Why are not moving.. I said get the car?”

 

Onew continue from his statue like position, no words still in shock

 

“Yah, get out of my way” Siwon suddenly came out and carry Therese towards his truck. Minhoo then drag out his hyung to their car and follow the them.

 

AT THE HOSPITAL

 

Onew was walking back and forth the aisle while the other two men were irritatingly watching him

 

“Yah! Will you stop doing that? It doesn’t help” Siwon said

 

“Huh? Aaahh Deh, Mianhae I was just worried and of course guilty” he said the last word in a low voice

 

“By the way, why are you not acting hysterical you are her husband” Minhoo asked

 

“First, I would like to apologize for lying, Therese is not my wife I am just a friend, a companion for her perhaps. Second, this is not the first time. She is usually like this when she is having some details from her past but it is a good development as the doctors would say”

 

“Com again? I don’t get it? would you mind to elaborate?” he confusedly asked

 

“She has amnesia. She was at coma for five years after being hit and run at the seaside road towards Hwangdon . The doctors said it is miracle for her to recover after how many years but the worst thing about her amnesia was no one was able to refresh her from her real world before while she was in coma. It is better that there were people whom she knows that will talk to her while she was on that state but I don’t know anything about her except from the locket and bracelet that has an initial of “T’ that made me name her Therese.

 

“Omo, so that’s what happen to her, poor noona” Minhoo said

 

“I am sorry again, I am afraid that she will be taken away from me, for the past years I had learned to love her and she’s not hard to love you know” he made a soft chuckle “But, I know this time would come and I know I don’t have the right for her but still I thank for the moments we had shared together”

 

“She is not Therese actually, its Tiffany and I am his boyfriend and would have been his and fiancée then later on his husband if not about the incident you had told earlier. Her parents died from a car accident many years ago and she only lives with her aunt and had already died due to depression of her absence. She likes the color pink so much that every thing she has would have such that color. She adores stuffed toys and balloons. She hates spiders and minute creatures specially crawling at the ground. She don’t like too much spicy foods, her coffee must have more milk than sugar and her steak must be slightly done. She don’t know how to ride bikes but love to play in the rain and a little skill in cooking, I remember her cooking a bean paste stew for me (hehehehe) But most of all she loves flowers so much and also had a business like yours a t Hwangdon and I guess she never fails to remember her talent. I thought she left me and I grieve so much after she doesn’t show up to our Anniversary date. I cursed myself for doing that now. Aishh… why does it happen to her. By the way, thank you so much Siwon for taking care for her”

 

The doctor then comes out from the room.

 

“Good afternoon gentlemen, don’t worry much she is okay now. Based on our tests and her medical records she is on the process of recovering from her amnesia. Those lights and images that she sees is a good sign but I would recommend that you will have authentic memories and materials for her to help understand the things she had seen. I hope you could help her to recover fast. Good luck, I need to go now” and made his way out

 

“I guess you are the only one who can help her then. I will not stand on your way just don’t let her out of your sight nor hurt her coz I will just be right here for her hehehe” he holds back his teary side

 

“I will, thank you again for taking care for her. Without you, I would never see her again. Thank you from the deepest of my heart. I owe a drink hehehe”

 

“Don’t be so mushy man, go inside now, tell her everything” he said and give him a light push towards the door.

 

Onew silently went inside and watch Tiffany calmly sleeping in the hospital bed

 

“How could a woman still be beautiful only dressed up with a hospital gown? Aishh… you still enchants me even how many years had passed.” He said while taking a seat beside the bed.

 

“Tiffany my love, I am deeply sorry for all the things I’ve said earlier I was just pushed by my emotions. Mianhae for the grudges I hold towards you for the past 7 years. Pabo Onew Pabo! I am so selfish for only thinking of my sufferings not knowing yours, not even considering your feelings. My love, I love you so much even if we were apart. I had loved you long before and I will still love you even more each day. I will help you to gain back your memory by looking back our TRAIL OF LOVE” and kiss her forehead

 

She then wake up and saw a familiar face from her dream, “Oppa” she faintly said

 

“Shhh… sleep now my love you are still weak”

 

“Deh… don’t leave me…” she held his hand and went back to sleep again.

 

“I will”