. The Sunset Time .

SEOUL NIGHTLIFE

Chapter 7 – The Sunset Time.

 

 

 

 

After one day. In the evening.

 

 

 

 

“Dara, is this ok?” Bom asked the other girl, showing her a pair of earrings. They were preparing for a new day at the club.

 

“Hmm…” The girl nodded, when, suddenly she remembered something.

 

“Bom, why were you hugging Jiyong yesterday at the club?” Dara said what she had in mind.

 

“Huh?” The other girl asked surprised by the question. “Well, it was his birthday and he wanted a hug.” She continued, still surprised.

 

“Bom, you know my opinion. Maybe, you had a good intention, but – “. Dara stopped, with a change of expression at the latter part.

 

“What ‘but’, Dara?” Bom recognized her friend’s sudden change of mood and expression; she knew that Dara was hiding something.

 

“It doesn’t matter…those earrings are pretty cute.” She said and smiled widely at the last part.

 

“Dara, don’t change the subject. Tell me what made you hesitate.” Bom wasn’t going to give up easily.

 

“I don’t think it’s good to hear it from me. It’s better if he’ll tell you.” Dara responded, avoiding any eye-contact.

 

“Who?” Bom asked curious.

 

“Jiyong.” Said Dara, still avoiding eye-contact.

 

“I’m sure that anything he has to tell me can be well-said by you too. So, tell me, Dara.” Bom stated, looking at her friend.

 

“Bom, I don’t think –“

 

“Dara, just tell me. It’s fine.” Bom said more softly, this time.

 

“Yesterday, after I saw you two hugging, I asked Youngbae what’s with you, but he just said that I should leave you alone, because, just tonight, Jiyong needed you. Then I asked him what did he meant and he said that Jiyong is forced by his parents to marry with a girl, with whom he was caught, after a one night stand by his mother.” Dara told her on a soft, but sad tone, looking at her.

 

Confusion. That was all that remained in Bom’s mind after Dara’s words. The reason why she, suddenly, felt sadness was due to the fact that one of her friends was already at the point of starting a family, even though he was forced? Or was it because she just didn’t expect him to be in this situation; him, from all of them, seemed to be the most far away from this idea. She just couldn’t see him as a husband, as a girl’s husband. She could only imagine him as one of her best friends, which gather every night in the club to party. And regarding the first part, why did Youngbae meant by ‘he needed her’? If he needed her as a friend, then why did he tell Youngbae first, and not her?

“Bom, are you fine?” Dara interrupted her thoughts.

 

“Huh ? Hmm…why wouldn’t I?” She asked with a little smile.

 

“Well…It always seemed that Jiyong had something for you.” Weird, Youngbae told her the same thing.

 

“No, it seemed wrong. You know Jiyong and his attitude towards girls.” Bom said smiling.

 

“Bom, if you think that he treats you the same way he treats the girls he sleeps with, then you’re lying yourself.” Dara stated serious.

 

“Tch…you’re just delusional.”

 

“And you don’t want to face the fact.”

 

“What are you telling me is that Jiyong may have feelings for me, how can I take it serious?” She asked a bit annoyed.

 

“I just try to tell you, that, besides the fact that we’re friends and we shouldn’t date each other, it isn’t such a bad thing for him to like you.” Dara tried to explain, with a small smile at the latter part.

 

“What the hell! Park Sandara, do you hear yourself?” Bom shouted surprised.

 

“Yes, Park Bom, I do.”

 

“Just think about it, Bom. Jiyong never liked anyone until now, enough to show it, or continuing with it. Having someone he likes could be a distraction from the whole ‘sleepless nights’ and ‘playboy reputation’ subjects.” Dara spoke full-heartedly.

 

“You’re making it sound too easy.” Bom whispered, even though she knew Dara was right at what she said in the latter part.

 

“It is easy, Bom.”

 

“Not anymore.” Bom said, referring to the marriage.

 

“I know. And I’m sorry for him. I don’t know how she’ll change him.” Dara ended the conversation with a sad sigh.

 

 

 

 

11 pm. At a club.

 

 

 

 

Bom’s POV

 

 

 

 

Partying in clubs was the last thing I wanted to do, especially after the conversation with Dara, because it turned me upside down. But I wanted to see him and to know how he feels about everything. For someone like him, it must have been, in the first place, a shock, then, a feeling of having his liberty restrained. After half an hour, I and Dara finally arrived at the club and as soon as we did it, we made easily our way to the VIP room, as usually, and entered it. I took a look fast around the room and it surprised me to see that everyone was there, none of them was missing. I looked at Dara, who smiled at me and made her way towards Seungri, Jiyong and Seunghyun. I stood still a few seconds, then I also walked towards Youngbae, Chaerin and Dongwook.

 

“Ohh…Bom, you came?” Dongwook welcomed me with a smile, as I sat down between him and Chaerin.

 

“Hmm…” I only nodded, smiling back.

 

“Waa…Dara, you were late?” I heard Jiyong starting to tease Dara.

 

“You came in time just once and you’re already proud of it?” Dara shouted and pouted.

 

“Tch…look at you, you’re stepping on your own rule.” Jiyong back fired, not taking in consideration what she said before.

 

“Well…I made it, so I can break it.” Dara said and pouted again.

 

“Admit it, Dara, your rules are stupid.” Chaerin was the one who spoke.

 

“I couldn’t agree more.” Jiyong said and started to laugh. Tch…his laugh seemed so fake, that was making me sad. But, probably, the others didn’t realize it as they laughed along with him.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

 

 

No eye-contact. Not a single look. But the only person I could think of was her.

 

“You were late too.” Seunghyun pointed towards her after a few seconds.

 

“Yahh…you know it’s never my fault.” She responded, defending with a big smile.

 

“Tch…look where it was the model student...” Seunghyun responded with a pout.

 

“Seunghyun, do you have a problem with me? Or, more clearly, do you want a fight? Because I can take part of it whenever and wherever you want.” Bom back-fired with a mixture of joking and mocking.

 

“Uhh…watch out, Seunghyun.” Seungri shouted laughing.

 

“Watch out you too, Seungri.” Chaerin said using the same tone and showed him a fist. Tch…these days, Chaerin defended Seunghyun too often.

                                                                                                                                             

 

 

 

Writer’s POV

 

 

 

 

“Yahh…Let’s play a game or something.” Dara shouted all of a sudden so that everyone could hear her.

 

“Tch…If I have wanted to play, I would have gone to the playground.” Seunghyun responded fast.

 

“Let’s play ‘Truth or dare’.” She continued not taking in account anything of what Seunghyun said.

 

“You are just joking, right, Dara?” Dongwook said with a smile.

 

“I mean it.” Dara replied with a blank face. “Come on, I’m getting boring. It may be childish, but it was a game of our childhood and adolescence.” She continued, this time, brighter. Nobody said anything.

 

“Ok, just don’t tell anyone of my acquaintances that you’ve saw or that I agree on playing this game.” Seunghyun spoke first.

 

“The same goes with me.” Seungri continued.

 

“I think that this applies to all of us.” Dongwook stated smiling, while the others nodded.

 

“Let’s just spin the bottle to see whom I’ll be addressing the first question.” Dara said happily. “I’ll go first.” She told them as she took an empty bottle and done what she said. The bottle stopped in front of Dongwook.

 

“Truth or dare, Dongwook oppa?” She asked smiling.

 

“I’m too lazy to get up, so I’ll choose the truth.” He responded laughing.             

 

“Ok…truth…” She said as she thought of a question. “Dongwook, do you have a girlfriend, at the moment?” Dara asked after a few seconds.

 

“Yahh…why are you asking me this? Don’t tell me you are interested in me.” Dongwook shouted, using an ‘ajumma’ tone.

 

“Tch…I’m not, I’m not. Now, tell me.” Dara said on a mocking tone, but it turned out to be cute.

 

“I don’t. Remind me every time, please.” He said using a sarcastic tone, along with an ironic smile.

 

“Ok…It’s your turn now.” She said smiling.

 

He rotated the bottle and it stopped in front of Seungri.

 

“This is destiny.” Seunghyun shouted laughing, along with the others.

 

“The truth.” Seungri responded instantly.

 

“Bad or good girls, Seungri? Which are the best?” Dongwook asked directly, with a smirk on his face.

 

“Good girls, I’m too bad myself.” Seungri replied and looked at Dara, smiling.

 

“Stop smiling and spin the bottle.” Youngbae shouted and pointed towards his direction. This time, the bottle stopped in front of Chaerin.

 

“Truth or dare?” He asked her fast.

 

“Dare.” She said bitterly.

 

“Tch…” Seungri smirked, taking a moment or two of silence.

 

“Yahh…what are you meditating at? Just tell me already.” Chaerin said pouting.

 

“I provoke you to kiss Seunghyun.” Seungri responded on a serious tone, looking straight at her, with a smirk on his face.

                                                             

“What?” Both Chaerin and Seunghyun shouted surprised.

 

“You have to do it. It’s my task.”

 

“A kiss on the lips?” Chaerin asked still surprised and Seungri nodded.

 

“Seungri, you’re breaking Dara’s rule.” Chaerin continued.

 

“Yahh…a few moments ago you said it’s a stupid one. Do what I asked.” Seungri didn’t give up.

 

After a few seconds, Chaerin sat up from her place, shoot Seungri a deadly glare and made her way towards the couch where Seunghyun and the others were sited. He was sited at the edge of the couch, so she sat down next to him, leaned closer towards him and pressed her lips on his. The kiss lasted just two seconds, as she retreated fast, and the feelings that both of them felt were of surprise and shyness. At least, at that moment.

 

“Waa…you really did it.” Seungri laughed, making fun of her. After a few moments, they got back to the game, being Chaerin’s turn. And all she wished was for that bottle not to stop in front of Seunghyun. Actually, it stopped in front of Youngbae. She just sighed relived seeing that.

 

“Truth or dare, Youngbae?” Chaerin asked him.

 

“Truth.”

 

“Do you like someone, Youngbae? This lasts few days, I see you look happier than before.” Chaerin asked him smiling.

 

“Hmm…I do.” He nodded smiling, making everyone laugh. Only one person was looking at him with a serious and curious air.

 

“I am, right?” Youngbae asked Dara, who only nodded smiling. He did it and the bottle stopped in front of Bom, who was just smiling.

 

“So glad it’s you, Youngbae.” She kept a smiley face.

 

“Truth or dare ?” He asked smiling in return.

 

“Truth…I’m too lazy too.” She said pouting.

 

“The thing you love the most and the one you hate the most, in this world. Tell me.” Youngbae said smiling widely.

 

“Well…I love the sunsets. And I really hate this fast speed of time. It passes too fast.” She said and, for the first time, she made an eye-contact with Jiyong, who nodded his head, approving her, and smiled.

 

“You’re right, Bom, it seems like yesterday we became friends.” Dongwook stated with a sad smile, looking at all of them. Bom rotated the bottle and stopped in front of Seunghyun, who kept his shyness from the kiss.

 

“Truth or dare?”

 

“Truth, I think we fought enough before.” He replied laughing.

 

“Did you like the kiss?” Bom asked him with a smirk.

 

“I chose ‘dare’.” He said fast.

 

“Yahh…you can’t change. Tell me.” She continued torturing him.

 

“I didn’t.” He shouted, trying not to smile, but from the outside it looked that he felt the opposite.

 

“Yeah, sure…”. Bom mocked him and smiled.

 

“Tch…it’s my turn.” He said as he rotated the bottle and it stopped in front of Bom, again.

 

“Tch…my turn. Truth or dare, Park Bom.” He spoke with a smirk.

 

“Dare, I’ve already chosen the truth.”

 

“I dare you to reply two of my questions.” He continued to say, along with a playful smile.

 

“Tch…let’s see what you got.”

 

“First…what type do you prefer? Good or bad boys?”

 

“Good boys. I’m too bad myself.” She responded, mimicking Seungri; a thing that brought laugh along the others.

 

“Second question…which boy from this place would you kiss?” Seunghyun asked her clearly, with a mocking smile on this face. She just stopped a few seconds, looked at him with a serious face, increasing the tension, then spoke.

 

“Yahh…none of you…”She shouted with a mixture of joke and fake-frustration.

 

“Waa…for a second I thought you’ll choose me.” Dongwook made a joke and looked at her with a smile.

 

“Why, do you want to kiss me?” Bom asked as she lifted her left eyebrow.

 

“Yahh…you two.” Dara interrupted them with a shout. “Bom, spin the bottle.”

 

“Hmm…” She nodded and did as Dara said. The bottle stopped in front of Jiyong, surprising her.

 

“Truth or dare?” She asked smiling.

 

“Truth.” He replied smiling in return.

 

“Who would you kiss, Jiyong?” She asked serious, looking directly at him with a small smile.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

/~~ Thank you so much for all your comments. I'm so, so, so grateful. < 3 <3 .

/~~ I wrote the last part of the chapter [the game], so that you'll read about all of them. 

/~~ The next chapter will be, I hope, soon posted.  Thank you ! ; ) .