Ji Hyun

I'll protect her

The next day, at the field behind the school…
    “Himchan, actually… I’m suffering from a cancer,” Shin Hye says. She tries to hold her tears. Without they realize, Yongguk is also there but he is hiding behind the wall where he can listen to all Shin Hye and Himchan words. He is shock to know that Shin Hye is suffering from a cancer. “But, why she seems healthy yesterday?” Yongguk whispers to himself. Then, he focuses again to the conversation. “You’re kidding me, right?” Himchan try to laugh. “No, I’m not, Himchan. I’m really sick,” Shin Hye says with a serious tone. “But, you doesn’t look like a sick person,” Himchan states. “That’s because I eat the medicines. But now, my cancer become worst and I stick with the medicines again. It hurt me,” Shin Hye starts to cry. Himchan moves closer and hugs Shin Hye to calm her. “I don’t want to leave Yongguk, but I have to. I don’t want him to know about this because it will hurt him more. I only want to see him happy,” Shin Hye confess everything. “Please give this to him when I’m not here anymore,” Shin Hye try to smiles and gives an envelope to Himchan. “Shin Hye, you can go for a surgery,” Himchan suggests. “This cancer is already at the last stage. I’m sorry…” Shin Hye says as she runs away.
    Yongguk, who is listening to all of the conversation also cry. “Why do you make me like this, Shin Hye-ah…” Yongguk whispers.  

The next day…
    Yongguk tries to search for Shin Hye, but she can’t be found anywhere. Suddenly, he feels someone pull his hand. It’s Himchan. “Himchan! Tell me. Where is Shin Hye?” Yongguk asks. “Just follow me. Then, you will know,” Himchan reply as he pull Yongguk’s hand until they arrive at the parking. Himchan quickly pushes Yongguk into the car and drive away.

At the hospital…
    “Himchan! Where is she?” Yongguk asks as soon as they arrive at the hospital. “Relax, Yongguk. She’s okay,” Himchan try to calm his bestfriend. “You lie! I heard everything yesterday! She’s suffering from cancer, right? So, now tell me where is she,” Yongguk orders. Himchan sigh before answers Yongguk’s question. “She’s in the emergency room,” Yongguk immediately runs to the emergency room. Himchan chases after him. 
    Yongguk is lucky when he still can talk to Shin Hye before the doctors bring her in. “Yongguk oppa… Thank you for everything. We will meet again but maybe in another world,” Shin Hye says as she holds Yongguk’s hand tightly. “Please, Shin Hye-ah. Don’t say like that. You’re going to be alright,” Yongguk says as it can calm Shin Hye. Shin Hye just nods and smiles. Then, the doctor pushes Shin Hye’s bed into the emergency room leaving Yongguk alone outside. 

After 2 hours…
    “Himchan, it’s already 2 hours. How much longer I need to wait again?” Yongguk mutters. His tears flow again. “Calm down, Yongguk,” Himchan try to calm his bestfriend. Then, they hear the emergency room door open by someone. It’s the doctor.
    Yongguk immediately stands up and faces the doctor. “How is she? She’s okay, right?” Yongguk asks with a hopeful tone. The doctor sighs before reply. “I’m sorry… I already did my best,” The doctors reply with a sad tone and then walk away after pats Yongguk’s shoulder. Yongguk can feel that his heart is like stop beating when he heard it. He almost fall but Himchan early enough to hold his bestfriend and asks Yongguk to sit. “I’m sorry, Shin Hye-ah… I fail to protect you…” Yongguk says. “Yongguk, here. This is for you,” Himchan shows Yongguk an envelope. It’s from Shin Hye of course. Yongguk opens the envelope with his heart is beating fast. It’s a letter. Yongguk open the letter and read it in his heart.

    Dear my Yonggukkie oppa, 

     Oppa, when you read this letter, I’m not in this world anymore… But, I hope you will continue your life like usual. Find another girl that can make you happy.  Oh, yes! I enjoyed our date that day. I will remember it forever. 
    Oppa, while I’m not here, take care of yourself and don’t skip your meal. Okay? Hihi… Don’t cry because of me, okay? Why? Because I will cry too. You don’t want to see me cry, right? 
    Oppa, I think that’s all and I want you to know that I love you so much. Sooooo much! Remember that. Hihi… 
                                                                  Goodbye, oppa…

                                                                                                                           Your love,
                                                                                                                                      Shin Hye ♥

    “I promise, Shin Hye-ah. I will try not to cry because of you,” Yongguk whispers sadly to nobody.

    Time passes by and it’s already two years since that incident where Shin Hye passed away. Now, Yongguk is with another girl, Ji Hyun. He dated her last two months. Ji Hyun is a kind and a beautiful person. First meeting was awkward. 

Flashback…

    “These books are so heavy,” Ji Hyun mutters. Suddenly, someone crash into her and Ji Hyun fall down with the books all around her. “I’m… I’m sorry… Let me help you,” Yongguk says as he helps Ji Hyun to stand up. Then, he bends down to collect the books. “Here. I’m sorry again,” Yongguk says as he gives the books to Ji Hyun and smiles. Ji Hyun can feel that her heart is beating faster when she looks into Yongguk’s eyes. “Thank… thank you…” Ji Hyun says and takes the books from Yongguk’s hand. “Auww!” Ji Hyun mutters. “Why is this book are so heavy?” Ji Hyun whispers in her heart. “I think you need some help,” Yongguk says as he approaches Ji Hyun and tries to takes half of the books from her. Unfortunately, Yongguk touches Ji Hyun’s hand and it just like an electric shock to Ji Hyun. “I’m… I’m sorry…” Yongguk immediately apologize. “This is awkward, ugh!” Ji Hyun says in her heart. “It’s okay,” Ji Hyun smiles awkwardly. “Just give me half of the books. I’ll help you to send it,” Yongguk says. “Okay,” Ji Hyun replies as she gives half of the books to Yongguk and then they go to the staff room to send the books. They feel awkward all along the way.

Flashback end…

    Yongguk is happy with Ji Hyun, but there is something happen to Ji Hyun which makes Yongguk is now at the same hospital where Shin Hye passed away. Ji Hyun suffers from leukemia! Yongguk is shock at first but then, he asks Ji Hyun to do a surgery. And today is the day. Himchan always be with Yongguk no matter what happen. He will not leave his bestfriend alone. 
    “Himchan-ah, why can’t I protect any of my girlfriends?” Yongguk asks his bestfriend who is sitting besides him. “Yongguk, it’s not like that. You cannot blame yourself for not protecting them,” Himchan says. 

                                                    “I afraid that Ji Hyun will leave me too,”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry for the late late late update / bows /

I hope this chapter will not disapointed you guys :)

Thanks for everything! / throws candies and roses /

Like always, my mind mistake! :)

Don't forget to comment! :D