Thirtythree.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you okay?" I asked Jin the next morning as he sat in his desk beside me. He seemed more paler and sleepier from yesterday. Dark bags were starting to form under his eyes. This worried me. Was Jin getting any sleep at all at home? Was there something going on that I should know about? How is he doing there anyways... I touched his cheek, "You're starting to lose your color,"

Jin smiled and placed my hand on the desk, "I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep last night,"

"Why?"

"Just cause. You know, I haven't been there for two years now, feels a little awkward," I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or not. 

"Oh, I see," I said unsurely.

"I'm serious," he must've noticed. He was lying. I know. "I'm not lying," Yes, you are. "It's just that-" he paused and bit his lips, "I can't go with you today, I'm sorry," 

I blinked a few times before speaking, "I-It's alright. Jungkook actually wanted the two of us to go anyways," now I was the one lying. "We can visit them any other time together," I smiled. 

Jin sighed and placed his head on my shoulder, "I'm really sorry,"

Jin didn't really talk much like every other day he would. He would pass me notes during lectures, he would lay on his desk, head facing me, and staring at me as I do my work, he would try to get my attention as we're studying, and he'll laugh along with the other BTS as they crack up jokes. However, today was not his day. He was gloomy, and shady. Jin wasn't talking to anyone at all. Even when I asked Hoseok to, Jin barely spoke back to him. 

When school was out, instead of his usual butler picking him up, it was Mark. He was in his yellow uniform, leaning against his car with shades on. 

"I'll call you when I get home," said Jin. He didn't even look at me when he said that. I was about to say something but he had ran up to Mark. They spoke a few words to each other before going into the car as they drove away. 

"I wonder what's up with him," I said. 

"True, Jin was off today. Don't you feel like something is happening at his place?" said Hoseok as he stepped up beside me. 

"Who knows. If he doesn't want to tell, then I'm in no position to ask,"

"That's because you haven't even tried asking yet," said Hoseok. "Let's go home. I know you and Jungkook have a lot to do today." He placed his arm over my shoulder and we followed the others home. I looked back to see the car turn out of sight. My heart broke a little. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The thought of me transferring really got to me. Even the thought of being hooked up with Sunmi got me piss. I couldn't bring myself to tell Jaehye at all today about last night. I haven't been doing good at updating for her. I couldn't even bring myself to speak to her at all. I was just dazing in my own thoughts. 

"If I knew this was going to happen, I would have never made that stupid deal with you," said Mark as he leaned on his bedroom door after my father had dismissed us from the dinner table.

"Do you think I don't feel the same way?" I said, "I hate the idea of being home in the first place! But I also hate the idea of you being near Jaehye!"

"Well that's too bad now, because she's going to need someone by her side," 

Mark was right. If I'm not by her side... then fine... I'll entrust her to Mark. He'll probably be the only person she'll keep by her side besides me anyways. 

Mark was outside of the school, waiting for me as BTS and I got exit the building. I wasn't surprise to see him at all. I know he's here to see Jaehye, not me. "I'll call you when I get home," I said quickly to Jaehye and then ran off. I hope she doesn't think that I was trying to avoid her all day because I wasn't. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing here," I said to Mark. 

Mark tilt his head down and looked up to me from under his shades, "What do you think I'm doing here. Certainly not for you," 

"Shut up and let's just go." I headed over to the front passenger side. Mark and I took a glance at Jaehye who was still looking our way. "Get in. She'll be fine. She has Hoseok," Mark did as I said. 

We drove off in a dash. I wasn't sure if he was mad or not, but the car ride was silent and awkward. 

"You do know you have to go meet up with Sunmi in a bit," said Mark as he broke the silence.

"I do,"

"And does Jaehye know,"

"No," Mark immediately stepped on the brake and we both almost flew out of our seats. "I'll tell her later," was all I said. He scoffed at me and continued driving. 

Once we arrived home, Sunmi was already there talking with both our moms. 

"We thought you had liked Mark, but I guess we were wrong," said my mom. The three of them laughed along together. 

"It's alright,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter