Sixteen.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook," said Taehyung during lunch hour. "Jeon Jungkook~" he sang as he waved his hands in front of Jungkook. "JEON JUNGKOOK!" 

"H-Huh!? What! What! What!" startled Jungkook. Jungkook's been like this ever since they got back from the karaoke place last night. He dazed off into his own world, laughed and smiled to himself, and he even pretended to give 'someone' something. I was kind of freaked out when I woke up with him hugging and kissing his pillow. I had to smack the out of him.

"Are you alright? Are you sick?" I said as I felt his forehead.

He laughed at me, "Noona, I'm fine," he said pushing away my hand.

"Can't get enough of Hyeri?" said Jimin. Jungkook blushed at the name. I raised an eyebrow at them. 

"Hyeri who," 

"Jungkook's girlfriend," said Namjoon as he batter this eyes and held hands together on the side of his face. "You should've seen the two of them last night. They were so shy," 

"Am I going to meet her? Are you going to introduce her to me? What school is she from? How old is she? Are you sure she doesn't have a boyfriend?"

"Woah, woah, Jaehye calm down there," said Yoongi, "She's sweet," 

"She's not sweet until I have met her," I said as a matter of fact. 

"Ah! Enough about me!" shouted Jungkook, "Why don't we talk about you and Jin?" My eyes widen at the thought of us. 

"Oh yeah," smirked Namjoon as they all leaned in to me and Jin. They had us sit side by side as they all sat across from us, staring at us intensively. 

"Now tell us," said Jungkook as he rubbed his hands together smirking, "What happened last night after we left?" 

Jin and I exchanged looks as they waited for our answer. Nothing happened... unless they were talking Mark and Jin's confession, Mark being stubborn and Jin being a jerk. 

"So?" said Taehyung. 

"HAHAHAHA," I laughed loudly throughout the cafeteria, "You guys are funny," I stood up to walk away but Jin immediately got up and s his arms around me.

"We're dating," he lied. I looked at him and scoffed. What the hell does this dude want? One moment he's the sweetest Jin, the next he's a total , and now he's being cocky. It's like as if Jin and Mark switched bodies! I gently shook him off me and smiled.

"You wish," I said as I walked away. The boys 'oh'. Jin and I were acting different. Different than before. Usually we would always cling onto each other's arm, joke around about being together, flirt with each other, but somehow I just can't do that anymore. It was just awkward. And earlier, when Jin did that... I could feel that his feelings were different. Like he was serious about what he said. 

I was sitting in the school's garden for the last few minutes of lunch when all of a sudden there were rocks, or pebbles, thrown to me. I looked around behind me but there was no one. When I turned around, there was another one. I was starting to get creeped out because I remember there were some rumors about the old principle being stung by a bee. She died from an allergic reaction, unfortunately. And she died... at this very spot where I'm SITTING! 

I got up immediately, and covered my mouth from screaming when Mark appeared right in front of me. "You scared me!" I screamed. "What are you doing here,"

"I'm here to see you," he grinned.

"Are you crazy? School is still going on!"

"Does it matter? I don't care, you're going to ditch today for me," Mark took a hold of my hand. 

"Y-Yah!" I said trying to jerk him off, but he didn't listen. He forced me along with him, going through a bunch of bushes. "You go first," he said. I looked to him then to a gate that was cut. So this is how he got in, ... 

"You think I'm going to ditch? Yah, just because I'm not a typical girl, doesn't mean I'm going to ditch. I'm a good girl," Mark rolled his eyes at me and pushed me forward to the gate.

"Hurry up, I don't have all day," I stood there for a moment, then Mark got impatient, "Tsk," he grabbed my hand again and we both crawled through the gate, me behind him. I kept my face away from his backpack, incased it might hit me. Then we heard a whistle blew.

"Yah! What are you kids doing?!" said the security guard, "Stop right there!"

I've always ditched, but I never got caught before, and this wasn't going to be my first time getting caught. The first thing that pop to my mind was RUN. This time, I held onto Mark's hand as I ran. 

"Stop! Stop right there!" yelled the security guard as he kept blowing his whistle. 

I don't know how far we ran, but I can say we ran far enough. We hid behind a van while catching our breath. Mark and I exchanged looks, and we laughed. 

"I like it," he said which caught me off guard. 

"Like what?" He lift up his hand that I held onto tightly. I immediately let go of it and looked away clearing my throat, "Uh, ah, I- uh, I just didn't want to get caught alright," I said. I didn't want him to have any thoughts of me liking him. I'm already dealing with Jin, I don't want to deal with him. 

"You're going to hang out with me today, like it or not," Mark said. I looked to him a bit annoyed.

"It wasn't my idea to ditch. I don't even have my things with me. If you want to hang out, you can go hang out by yourself,"

"Yah, don't be such a pain," said Mark as he stopped me from walking away. I scoffed at him. Me? A pain? This -

"I'm an , I know," he said as if he read my mind, "I promise you, you'll look at me differenly after today," he smirked. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jaehye and I headed to the arcade first. I was impressed at how she had beaten me in a game of hoop. Probably next time we can go play a real basketball game together. Earlier she was fussing about coming with me, but now she's smiling and laughing. Something that I like to always see from her. Despite the fact that we're not suppose to be hanging out together, we're like Romeo and Juliet fighting to be together... well at least I am. I don't know about Jaehye. I wonder if she's thinking about Jin at the moment... or is she thinking about me... since she's with me. 

"OH! Let's play this!" said Jaehye ecsatically. It was a boxing machine that measured the strength of one's punch. I inserted the coin, and the sand looking like bag came down. Jaehye adjusted her position and arm without doing a head start run. Once she punched the bag, the number started to measured. It went up to 400, then 450, then 500, then it stopped at 568. 

"Woowwww," I said as I clapped my hands, "You are a strong woman," I said. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter