Twentyeight.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She choose me," I said as I crept up behind Jaehye and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, "Face it Seokjin, Jaehye likes me," He gave me a deadly stare. I shouldn't have eavesdropped on them earlier, but I couldn't just let him get away with forcing her to confess her feelings. Jaehye is confused right now. 

"You back off," said Seokjin.

"No, you," I said back.

"You two need to quit it," said Jaehye as she got up from her seat, "I don't want any of you," Seokjin and I looked at her in utter shock, "If you two are going to be such kids like this, then I rather be solo. Besides, I have no time to be worrying about any of you. I only have time for Jungkook, therefore I choose Jungkook. My little brother is more important to me than the two of you combined," She took her shirt and stomped off back down stairs. 

Seokjin scoffed, "Great job you did there," he said sarcastically, "Can you just back off of Jaehye?"

I turned to him, "I like Jaehye, and nothing can change that,"

He sighed, "Mark please," I tilt my head to him. Did he just say please? "Please, you have everything already. You have your mom, you have dad, you have my mom, you even have the whole heir in your hands... You have everything. Are you going to take Jaehye also?... She's the only thing I have left, therefore, please Mark. I'm not asking you in the place of a friend or a stranger... I'm asking you in the place of a brother,"

"We've already talked about this," I said. "I don't want the heir,"

"But... you do," he said as a matter of fact.

"No, Seokjin. You don't know... Dad split it up between us," Now he tilt his head to me. I sighed, "I never should have said that to you back then that he was give the heir all to me... I was mad at that time. When I found out that my mom was only a mistress to him, I was mad. I also thought that he favored you more because you were fully Korean, and you had his last name. However... I was wrong. When you left, I finally found out that he had already split it up to the two of us,"

"You're lying,"

"No, I'm not. There's a reason why I'm always asked to bring you to those stupid dinner parties or whatever. You don't know how much I took the blame for you leaving two years ago. Your mom was in a great depression, and I couldn't do anything. I blamed myself for everything that happened,"

"Good," he said. "If you do, then leave Jaehye alone. I'll forgive you if you can do that for me," I wanted to say no, but how can I? This was Seokjin... my only brother. 

"If you'll come back home, then I will," I said. Did I hear myself clearly? Did I just-

"I'll come back," 

"Then I won't bother her from now on," 

"Deal," said Seokjin as he left me standing in the darkness. 

I felt pained. My other half told me I was stupid for agreeing to Seokjin, but then it would be the best for her... for the both of us... for the three of us. I won't be able to go up to her like how I used to, I won't be able to look at her like I would do, I won't be able to touch her like how I yearned for... And yet, I won't be able to take away the feelings that I have for her. 

I realized that both groups were having fun interacting with one another as I got back down stairs. Some of them were asleep, and the others had fun drawing on them. I wanted to get along with Seokjin just like how they were getting along. Why is it so impossible for us to do so though? It's not even that hard...

"Are you leaving already," I turned myself around to find Jaehye. I was about to leave through the back door until she had stopped me. "Why don't you stay the night also. Everyone is here,"

"I would love to," I said forcing a smile on, "But not in these clothes,"

"It's alright, we can stop by our house and get you a pair of clothes,"

"No thanks, Jaehye," I said, "I really need to get home. You don't know what Seokjin and I did before coming to you guys,"

She bit her lip, "Then... I'll send you out," she amde her way pass me and exited. I followed behind her as we reached my car. "See you, drive safely," There was an awkward moment between us. "Mark, about earlier-"

"Let's stop," I said, "You're making me have a headache, so let's just stop this thing between us. I don't want to fight for you anymore. I have my limits... and that's now. Since you won't make up your mind, then I will do it for you," 

She stuttered, "M-Mark, h-hold on-"

"Stop being so weak, Jeon Jaehye. Don't make things more complicated that it is," I walked away from her and entered my car. I didn't dare look back as I felt tears stroll down when I drove away. Everything needs to be like this.


(Can you guys imagine Mark crying like this as he's driving?! I'M CRYYING HERE TOO T^T
NOTE: Thank you to Lee Jongsuk for the gif. LOL)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"J-Jaehye.." said my mother as she reached her arms out, "J-J-Jungkook... M-Mom i-i-is s-sorry.. D-Don't c-c-cry. I-I l-lov-ve y-you t-tw-" She was shot two times in the chest before finishing whatever she wanted to say. My eyes burst into tears as I held Jungkook into my arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter