ZERO - {Breaking Point}

Don't Forget

It was a particularly cold winter morning and the chilly wind blew relentlessly. Though settled at different locations, the five members woke up almost at the same time and each glanced at their schedule for the day: NHK Stand By You (Final Performance). The day they had all been dreading has finally arrived and deep down their hearts sunk rock bottom. The company van was to arrive at 12pm sharp to drive the boys to their venue and thus, there was approximately 3 more hours to go.

Three hours.......................................

Two and a half hours............................................

Two hours...................................

One hour and fifty minutes........................................

One and a half hours..........................................

Time was passing exceptionally slowly that day and Changmin who was getting restless, tried to fall back asleep on his bed. Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu, meanwhile tried to finish their lunch but all had no appetite for food. 

One hour.........................................

Thirty minutes....................................

Before the boys knew it, they were settled in the waiting room of the Japanese concert hall. Time in the van earlier was particularly awkward and neither member made eye contact with another, all with earphones pucked into their ears, though ironically they were all listening to songs from their previous albums. The silence in the waiting room was deafening and the stylists, managers could not help but exchange worried stares. The concert still had to go on. 

As the quintet walked onto the stage, the sea of red instantaneously blinded their eyes. Fans of all nationalities gathered together upon news of their last performance, with tears glistening in their eyes, holding banners and signboards with the words "Miduhyo" and "Always Keep The Faith", screaming hysterically. The crybaby Yoochun gulped at this scene while Junsu blinked several times to prevent the tears from gushing out and Changmin could not even bring himself to look at the audience. Jaejoong and Yunho, on the other hand, appeared with a stoic expression and stood rooted to the ground. 

Since the day you left without a word of goodbye, I feel that the scenery around me has changed. The promise I made that I would become your everything and the incomplete memories have also changed.

Memories replay to Day 1, when all was uncertain, these fetuses only had one another, no family, no friends, nothing familiar. 

When you were crying by yourself back then, if only had I run to you you would still be by my side. If I was given one more chance, I would tell you once again that I love you. But the words that contain my overflowing feelings cannot reach you anymore.

2006; when Jaejoong's biological parents appeared suddenly to reclaim their child. He was in deep misery, but the members were always there. They lent him their shoulders to cry on, they gave him the support he needed most during those dark days.

Where are you now? Who are you being with? What kind of clothes are you wearing? What are doing and laughing at? I am right here. Even now, I am right here. And I still believe that we will see each other again. You’re the only one I’m thinking of.

Euphoria is when you realise all your efforts have not come to naught. The days they spent in Japan trying to carve a name for themselves, the hard work and effort they put into mastering their Japanese amidst their busy schedules, balancing school with work. Their first Japanese award.

Just once more, I want you to stand at my back with your tied hair asking me “Guess who it is~~~” and expecting me to say out your name.* Just the two of us being silly like that day by day.

The first official fan meeting. Their first date with Cassiopeia where they promised to create everlasting memories with one another.

I can’t forget you, But the truth is, I don’t want to forget you. I can’t feel even a bit of happiness because you’re not by my side. No matter how hard I try, I’ll end up crying and my tears just won’t stop. Where are you now? Who are you being with? What kind of clothes are you wearing? What are doing and laughing at? I am right here. Even now, I am right here. I still believe that we will see each other again. You’re the only one I’m thinking of.

When the lawsuit came and they each knew that their time together was coming to an end. When they first started living away from each other, no one could get use to the arrangement, but due to their pride and dignity, not one of them raised that up

At this point in time, Yoochun had choked on several of his lines and the lyrics were getting more muffled by the minute. Yunho turned and sneaked a glance at his fellow band members. Right then, a sudden pang hit him straight across the heart and he had never expected this pain to be so excruciating, so unbearable. 

Therefore, I am right here singing the song by myself. Even though I don’t have any reason to embrace this pain anymore, I can’t help doing it. Even if I know that the days when you were by my side making my world shine won’t come back again, and no matter what will happen, no matter how far I’m lost, I never ever want to forget that my heart has chosen to love you.

Suddenly, the lyrics made so much sense with regard to their current situation. It was as though this song was written specially for their final performance, how had they not taken notice of this foreboding?

No matter where you are, no matter who you are being with, no matter what kind of dream you are dreaming of, or what you are doing and laughing at, I will be here forever. Even now, I right am here, believing in a day that we will meet again. This feeling won’t change, and you are the only one I’m thinking of. This feeling won’t change, and you are the only one I’m thinking of.

The song ended and the boys gasped desperately for air. It was one of their most intense performance ever and each of them were starstruck. Jaejoong's legs turned wobbly in that instant and he had to hold on to himself to prevent his legs from giving in. 

Back in the waiting room, the incessant applause from the determined audience could still be heard. "Guys..." Yunho finally brought himself to speak. "Can we do a THSK cheer for the last time?" he uttered. The other four members were caught by surprise but reacted immediately by walking towards the leader.

 

 

Tears rolled down the members' eyes as they did their final cheer together before embracing into a hug. 

"We will be back again, for Cassiopeia, for DBSK. DBSK is not Dong Bang Shin Ki without Hero Jaejoong, U-Know Yunho, Micky Yoochun, Xiah Junsu and Max Changmin. Please wait for us. Always Keep The Faith."

 

 

 

Message from Me: Thank you all for reading till the end :) I have not been the best writer and I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. This is my first story and thank you all for supporting it so well. Btw in case you guys didn't know, the first letter of each chapter, when placed together form "AKTF DB". Always Keep The Faith <3 If you guys have suggestions for my next story, feel free to tell me because I'm currently out of ideas. I might be attempting to write scenarios instead (-: