FIVE - {Abnormality}

Don't Forget

The shrill sound of the alarm clock woke Yoochun up as the slightly-greasy faced man's eyelids opened heavily. His eyes were swollen and his whites were tinted red. It was obvious that the night was spent crying but what was most conspicuous were the eyeballs that looked like bottomless pits when you stared into them - devoid of life. Yoochun walked over to the balcony and pushed the door open with what little strength he contained, pulling along his blanket. His steps and actions were monotonous and his expression stoic, which were completely diametrical to the inherent cheekiness. Outside, the winter wind howled and the world was engulfed in white. There was no sign of life in the distance and everything was stagnant. It was as though the world came to a complete halt as the living mourned about the unfortunate situation DBSK was ensnarled in. Yoochun stood rooted, staring mindlessly at the sea of white before settling himself on his Havana deck chair. He curled himself into a ball, wrapping the blanket around his body unable to fight off the winter cold. Yes, the cold was intense, but it was nothing compared to the chill in his heart, of which no inferno could warm. He flipped open his phone and found himself logged on to a DBSK fansite. It has been long since they had any group activities and Yoochun wondered how the rumours in the outside world had developed. Instead, there were numerous fan projects and banners that spelt "Miduhyo". "Miduhyo," Yoochun mouthed the words, twice, thrice...

Soon, he found his mind rewound to the bygone "Hug" era, where the 5 rookies had only each other to lean on for comfort. They had started out as like any other band, skeptical about their future and precariously venturing into the unknown. But those were the happiest days, for they knew it was only the beginning and that they did not have to worry about hitting rock bottom. Even when the member rotation rumour hit the members and fans fast and hard, they stood close-knitted as ever. The 5 members had forced their way into the President's office countless times, begging for the group's original formation to remain synonymous. Miduhyo was a particularly jerking memory as he recalled weeping uncontrollably on live tv. At that time after the performance, the members had a sudden realisation backstage that these were the people they wanted to carve a career with and they had promised never to leave each other. They had sobbed together and embraced into a hug - the one hug which sensation still tingles till today.

Six years later, things have changed and a promise was soon to be broken. As six years of memories zoomed across Yoochun's mind, a second gust of wind blew. Yoochun shivered, and then started trembling. He trembled so hard as he tried to control another bout of breaking down but to no avail, leaving his eyes corroded beyond repair as those untraceable tracts of tears burnt his cheeks before evaporating into nothingness. Nothingness.

 

We have always been together as 5. As the others are not with us right now, it’s embarrassing to say this, but I felt the love from them. -Yoochun