TWO - {Fallen Leaves}

Don't Forget

(Hello readers, just a note that playing this video while reading this chapter will help a whole lot in setting the atmosphere!)

The rays of the morning sun penetrated through the glass window, shining diagonally at the man in bed as he stirred in his sleep. It had been a long and cold night since he touched down at the Japanese airport and nothing could beat a good night's rest. Soon, the man's facial features were awoken by the morning glare and he fluttered his eyelids open. Stretching to loosen tense muscles, he pulled himself out of bed, heading to the toilet to wash up. With a change of clothes and carrying only a pen and a notebook, the man was out of the dormitory, knowing that a full and free day was ahead of him.

(Junsu's POV)

Japan is like a second home to me as a singer and there's something about this place so different from Korea that I cannot make out. It is a place of warmth even during the coldest of winters, and a place of emotions I can safely store mine in. Most importantly, it is a place of memories, where only the flora and fauna I've crossed paths with share concomitantly.

Look at the mini-oscillating car ride at the end of the street, those 5 boys there, fighting for a minute's ride, the cutest and shortest got it anyway. Their laughter, piercing the silence of the old and obsolete street, whilst further disintegrating the balls of white falling from above into thin, lustrous flakes of snow.

Turn about the corner and listen to the sound of water gushing in the stream. The flush and fluidity of the liquid as it cascades from the top of the waterfall, materializing ripples along the streamline, that look like endless pits. Those 5 teenagers there, kicking and splashing in the water, sending beads of water drizzling above their heads. The iridescence of each droplet blinding anyone at sight yet falling on petals, giving the flowers life.

Straight ahead, the cherry blossom trees, now bald and marking the end of fall. The benches and steps, filed with fallen leaves which emit a majestic feel, radiating golden sparks at the reflection of the sun's rays. A perfect portrait made complete with the presence of 5 adults walking alongside one another. No camera needed to capture the light glow on their faces, with the silence bountiful with appreciation and love. Suddenly, a gust of wind blew and the leaves were instantaneously lined to form a path for the 5 matured men to walk, towards the light from the Sun. To their goals, to their dreams.

I took a quick glance at my watch and realised it was almost time for me to return to the dormitory, pack up and leave this beautiful country. Turning back and retracing the same route, I've lost sight of the 5 teenagers, and the 5 children were long gone. Peace and serenity returned, but compensated with loneliness shrouding above the land.

As I tugged along my luggage and locked the door of the dormitory, a sense of reluctance swirled up within me but I was compelled to carry on walking. Taking a last look at the place I call a second home, I whispered, "Land of the rising sun. Till we meet again."

 

"In the future, 3hree voices will be followed by 4our and 5ive voices." -Junsu