ONE - {Denial}

Don't Forget

"KYU BUDDY, WANNA COME TO MY HOUSE NOW FOR A DRINK AND SOME VIDEO GAMES?" Changmin shouted into the phone the moment the man on the other line answered the call.

"I... Uh"

"No hesitations, I know you have no ongoing schedules today. I'll be waiting for you. BYE!" Before Kyuhyun could say anything else, Changmin had already cut the call and the best friend had no choice but to grab a coat and head down the streets.

Within minutes, Kyuhyun was at the front porch of Changmin's house, debating if he should or should not ring the doorbell. The garden was exceptionally neat that day, mowed of dead grass and filled with an unfamiliar scent. Everything felt out of place, emitting a weird vibe that even Kyuhyun could not decipher. At that moment, the door flung open, leaving Kyuhyun in shock as Changmin, who was wearing an apron stood in welcome.

"What're you waiting for? Come on in! I was just preparing a steak for dinner. The XBox has been , you can start first, I'll be there in a moment," Changmin grinned, before walking into the kitchen.

The XBox, as expected, had been , and judging the number of new records set, it was apparent that the owner had been playing for a long time. Before long, Changmin walked out with two rib-eye steaks, cooked medium-rare and plated elegantly with carrots and mashed potatoes.

"Wow, that smells really good. I never knew you could cook though," Kyuhyun exclaimed as he eyed the plates suspiciously. "But, are you sure you don't need time alone. I mean, I think I shouldn't be here?" he continued.

"Hey hey, no sad stuff today. We haven't hung out in a long while, it's a best friends' night. Don't worry too much about me, I'm fine really. Let's go all out today!!!" Changmin forced a smile.

Everything about his best friend was extremely fishy, but if that was Changmin's wish, Kyuhyun decided against excessive probing. The awkwardness soon dissipated as both grown-ups completely immersed themselves within various video games and glasses of champagne. The night passed in a blink of an eye, with laughter reverberating  within the huge house for the past 5 hours or so and chip packets, chocolate wrappers strewn around the floor. The two men were now thoroughly drained and slouching on the couch, but it was such a fun-filled and fulfilling day, with the company of the other. After tidying the place a little and disposing of the rubbish, it was finally time for Kyuhyun to bid goodbye to Changmin...

"Beep..." Kyuhyun's cellphone vibrated and the light instantly lit up his room a little. Exhausted, the lean man stretched out his hands only to find an unread text message. "Thank you for taking time off to accompany me today. Life has been rough but everything will get by. Unused to saying such honeyed words to you but your presence is a remedy. Heh -inserts shy emoticon- From, Changmin" 

 

"Only when the five of us are together, are we called TVXQ!" -Changmin