CARNATION

“I am a prince…ss?!”

 

[CHAPTER 3]


“So I see you like flowers” Jongin said, smiling at him.

 

“um yes, my aunt runs a flower shop and I am the one who’s in charge of the business, since I don’t have my parents anymore.” Baekhyun spoke softly, caressing the small leaves of baby’s breath in his hands.

 

He grew up with flowers as his friends. Whenever he got the chance to visit his aunt’s garden, he’ll water it and talk to it as if it is a person. He never had friends, nor made friends since he was busy working his to help his parents. For him, friends is not necessarily needed, they are just with you when you feel lonely, but since he doesn’t felt it, or he’s just denying the fact that he really feel lonely, he never made friends.

 

“did you know that baby’s breath shows purity?” Baekhyun spoke without looking at the latter.

 

“oh but they are very easy to cultivate, and many beginning gardeners start with baby's breath as it grows quickly, looks attractive, and is quite difficult to kill. The plant thrives best when left more or less alone, making it an excellent choice for busy gardeners.” He continued.

 

“This plant should be watered frequently, but the soil around their roots should not be allowed to get water logged. When the plants bloom, they can be left in the garden as a decorate accent or cut for drying” Baekhyun said as he finally looked up at the latter who is staring at him intently. He then brushed his nape, showing embarrassment.

 

Jongin cleared his throat. “So baby’s breath is your favorite plant, I guess.”

 

“I guess” Baekhyun said, that made them both laughed.

 

“So where were you heading by the way? I assumed that you won’t be out of your room not unless someone asked you to, because in your situation, you’ll choose to hide yourself from us” Jongin chuckled that made the elder looked at him with eyes widely open.

 

 Baekhyun suddenly remember Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Oh . He place the plant properly back at its place and look back at Jongin.

 

“Chan—“ Baekhyun’s words was cut off by Chanyeol’s appearance behind them.

 

 

“Chanyeol!”

Jongin look at him with curiosity as he noticed Baekhyun’s eyes staring behind him.

 

He then followed Baekhyun’s gaze, surprised as he saw Chanyeol.

 

 “Oh hyung, how long have you been there?” Jongin said, but didn’t get a response, because Chanyeol is busy staring at the elder, he then look back at Baekhyun who is fidgeting his fingers nervously.

 

“I’m sorry, you guys are walking so fast that I lost you on the way then—then Jongin found me here. I’m really sorry, I didn’t mea—“ Baekhyun said nervously, but then again, words was cut off by Park Chanyeol.

 

“It’s fine.” Chanyeol said coldly. “They’re probably waiting for so long now, let’s go” He then said as he started to walk away.

 

 

Jongin smiled at him, assuring that everything is fine. “Let’s go” he whispered.

 

--

 

“What if he ran away?” Luhan said while walking back and forth inside the game room of the palace.

“That would be ridiculous, why would he even do that” Kyungsoo retorted.

“Well because you guys lost him, maybe he’s scared so he decided to run away.”

“We didn’t lose him, maybe he was just wandering around and Chanyeol is already looking for him” The shorter said as he rolled his eyes.

 

“But—but what if he really did?? Didn’t you saw his reaction earlier?? He didn’t even know the king so what—“

“Can you shut your mouth, Luhan?” Kris yelled exasperated.

Luhan glared at him as he approached the cold prince.

“Me? Shut my mouth?” The blond said mockingly, pointing at his self. Kris nodded, rolling his eyes as he went back painting.

 

“I was just being a concern young citizen here and you’re telling me to shut my mouth?”

“or else you want to my ” Kris smirked that made Luhan’s mouth hanging open.

“How dare you, you ing moron!! Do you think I’m gay for you!? Go ing die now!” Luhan yelled smacking Kris arms that made the taller laughed so hard.

 

--

They were on their way to the game room. Silence filled them that made Baekhyun feel obliged to talk. He cleared his throat to break the awkward silence around them.

 

“Did you know that Carnation flowers are one of the most beautiful flowers used by florists when creating arrangements like boutonnieres, corsages and bouquets. Carnation flowers can be red, pink, white, purple, green and more. The popularity of the carnation is largely due to their beauty, but also because they are long lasting.” Baekhyun spoke without looking at anyone, but at the back of Park Chanyeol who is walking ahead of him.

 

Jongin chuckled. “Really? They are long lasting?”

 

“uh-uh” Baekhyun nodded, ignoring the latter in front of him who is starting to walk slowly.

 

“Carnations also have the ability to rehydrate; this water absorption helps vitalize them after long transportation. Carnation flowers can stay fresh and beautiful longer than other flowers. This is a reason why carnations are so popular on special occasions like Valentine’s Day and mother’s day.” He continued.

 

“do you know what is the scientific name of Carnation?”

 

“I don’t know. What is it?” Jongin answered staring at the elder with curiosity.

 

“It is Dian—“ he then bumped at the back of Park Chanyeol that made Jongin hold his arms to maintain his balance.

 

“We’re here” Chanyeol said nonchalantly that made Jongin glared at him.

When Chanyeol heard nothing as a response, he looked back. He furrowed his eye brows seeing Baekhyun rubbing his forehead.

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol ask, looking at Jongin.

 

“He hits your back with his forehead.”

 

“He hit my back with his forehead?” Chanyeol repeated.

 

“Yes ”

 

“I’m sorry, does it hurt?” Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face, looking worriedly.

 

“I—I”

 

“Had you not felt it?” Jongin asked with an annoyed voice.

 

“I didn’t” he said as he slowly retracted his hands back.

 

“really an ” Jongin said, shaking his head furiously.

 

“I’m fine okay, it was just a merely bumped. It didn’t hurt that much”

 

“but still, this guy is made of rocks” Jongin said that made Baekhyun chuckled and Chanyeol glared at him.

 

“Really?” the elder asked looking at Chanyeol with a sly smile.

 

“Really” they both laughed ignoring the giant who is scowling at them.

 

“stop it, let’s go”

 

 

 

--

“I wonder what’s taking Chanyeol so long”

 

“maybe he really got lost”

 

“or maybe he ran away?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“do you perhaps, like Byun Baekhyun?” Kris suddenly asked that made everyone look at him.

 

“what do you mean?”

 

“you like baekhyun.”

 

“what made you say that?”

 

“oh what made me say that?” Kris said sarcastically.

 

“stop it, you guys kept on fighting whenever were together” Minseok said trying to stop the two.

 

“how could I stop it? He kept on blabbering about Baekhyun. Baekhyun here, Baekhyun there, Baekhyun everywhere and its getting annoying” Kris retorted. “so tell me, you like him do you?”

 

“You’re going to wake up sleeping beauties here” Sehun spoke, ignoring the dark mood that is surrounding them but Kris only glared at him.

 

“It doesn’t matter whether I like him or not” Luhan said, trying to put a cool smile on his face.

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

“Fine” Kris calmly said.

 

“What do you mean fine?”

 

 

“Fine because he’s jealous and you’ll never gets to like him” Jongdae spoke with a smirk plastering on his face, earning a glare from Kris.

 

 

“What—“

 

 

 

 

“but I really like Cosmos, Chanyeol do you have it here?”

 

Everyone was cut off when they heard another voice from the outside. Their gazes fell on the door waiting to be opened.

“Seems like they’re here” Jongdae said and they all got back to their original places. Leaving Luhan behind who is still confused from the sudden ‘vague confession’ of Kris Wu.

 

“We don’t have it here” said a deep voice from the outside.

“But this is a palace, and palace means lot of flowers.”

“Baekhyun palace isn’t a garden”

“But still—“

“I’ll show you our garden later, okay?” Jongin said to stop the two from bickering.

“Really?”

Jongin nodded that made the elder smiled so widely. He then mouthed a small ‘thank you’ to him.

Chanyeol opened the door of the game room that made Baekhyun eyes and mouth widely open.

“Where are we?” He whispered.

“Game room” Jongin answered, grabbing Baekhyun’s hands and intertwined it with his.

“Jongin..”

“Trust me.”

 

 

 

 

“What are you guys doing?” Chanyeol said angrily as he saw Baekhyun and Jongin’s intertwined fingers.

“He’s nervous.” Jongin said nonchalantly.

 

--

 

“Why are you guys holding hands?” Jongdae asked as soon that they entered the room.

 

 

“Why do I feel like someone is jealous?” Sehun said giving Chanyeol a sly smile who turned to glare at him.

 

 

“Jealous? Who?” Baekhyun asked.

 

 

 

“Don’t mind that brat kid.” Luhan said approaching the brunette prince.

 

 

“Luhan!?”

 

 

“Oh you remember me?” Luhan said ruffling his hairs.

 

 

“Of course I do, you’re the cutest.”  

 

 


omg what is this? 

late update and im giving you a lame one. im sorry please forgive me and spare my life :c

i really am sorry for not updating for, 2 months? i think LOL

but here is it. don't worry its vacation already, i'll update more.

Thank you so much please tell me what you think of this chapter, i accept critics. Thank you!!

 

/grammar error may occur/