03.

Taste of Longing.

 

 

Soomin impatiently tapped her foot on the dusty ground while stealing another glance at her watch for the tenth time. Letting out an exasperated sigh, she folded her arms across her chest and rested her back against the wall. A string of hair didn’t do any help as it tickled her nose and blocked her vision, irritating her even more. Expertly, she blew her hair out of her vision.

Coming from a distance was Chanyeol who made her wait for fifteen minutes although they promised to meet right away after school.

Chanyeol jogged the moment he saw a figure who was anxiously waiting for him, which belonged to Soomin.

Panting, he said, “Sorry, I’m late.”

Soomin raised a brow, showing an unsatisfied face.

He took some time to catch his breath before trying to reason with Soomin again.

He playfully poked her arm. “ Are you mad?”

“You made me stand here for fifteen minutes and you know I hate waiting,” she crossed her arms, holding an expression that wasn't quite pleased.

“I’m sorry. I swear I was almost on time until a teacher called out for a hand while I was on my way,” he explained. He flashed his dorky smile, his valuable weapon in which he knew Soomin could never stay mad at him if he used it.

“Stop using that. It’s not fair,” she whined.

Chanyeol laughed. He knew he won over her again. It always worked on her.

“So you’re not mad anymore?” he teasingly poked her cheek a few times.

Soomin rolled her eyes before leaving him behind. “Come on.”

“Wait! You don’t even know where we’re going,” he called out.

Soomin stopped in her tracks and sheepishly glared at him. “Hurry up!”

Chanyeol chuckled at Soomin’s cute act before leading the way to their next destination.

---

“Where are we going?” Soomin asked for yet the tenth time since they took off.

“Can’t you just be quiet and follow me?” Chanyeol had her in a headlock and dragged her along with him.

“Yah!” she slapped his arm, telling him to let her go.

Chanyeol laughed at his best friend’s reaction.

“You know you could just answer without hurting me,” she shot daggers at him.

“Trust me, I was doing that for the previous nine times but it didn’t work. Thought I could try a different method,” he shrugged.

Soomin let out a displeased groan, obviously getting annoyed by his so-called-joke.

“And, we’re here,” Chanyeol foolishly grinned.

Soomin looked up at a tall glass building standing proud in front of them.

“The mall?” she cooed in disbelief.

Like an idiot, Chanyeol nodded while plastering that stupid grin on his face.

“Let's have some fun today,” he grabbed Soomin’s hand and dragged her into the building.

---

At a corner, Soomin sat on a bench while waiting for Chanyeol who was queuing up for their tickets. It was a multipurpose mall where you could shop and play as its main attraction was a small closed theme park equipped like a real theme park such as roller coaster, drop tower and pirate ship. Clearly, their visit today was not to shop but to play.

At a jog trot, Chanyeol proceeded to where Soomin was after getting their tickets.

He handed her a piece of the rectangular paper which happen to be the ticket and had two other pieces left in his hand.

Soomin raised her thick, black eyebrows and gave him a quizzical look. She opened , about to ask who it was for just as someone called out for Chanyeol from behind.

“Oppa!”

A girl with long, brownish hair tied in a ponytail came running towards their direction. She had the same school uniform as Chanyeol’s and Soomin’s.

“Sorry I’m late,” she apologized.

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled, “ It’s okay.”

Soomin eyed them, still wondering the girl’s identity.

That moment, Chanyeol clasped the girl’s hand with his and turned their attention towards Soomin.

“Hyemi-ah, this is Soomin, the only friend who understands me better than anyone else,” he chuckled. “And Soomin, this is Yoon Hyemi, the girl I told you about.”

Soomin’s eyes widen, her jaw slightly dropped; apparently mystified by the sudden encounter with her all time crush’s girlfriend.

So it’s her. Soomin’s inner self woke up from its sleep.

“Nice to meet you, unnie,” the girl known as Hyemi bowed politely. “I heard a lot about you.”

Soomin quickly brushed off any sad feelings and plastered a forced smile.

“It’s nice to finally meet you too. Chanyeol has been talking about you all the time.”

“He did?” Hyemi chuckled, slightly blushed. She shyly hit Chanyeol’s chest. “Why did you do that?”

“Told you I can’t stop thinking about you,” Chanyeol pinched her already pink cheek.

They both giggled, not even concerned about Soomin who was having a hard time consuming everything that was happening in front of her eyes.

“Unnie, let's go,” Hyemi clung to Soomin - dragging her along towards the entrance.

They had fun riding the rides. Most of the time, Chanyeol and Hyemi would sit side by side during the rides and that would leave Soomin by herself. Of course, like any other humans, Soomin had feelings.

She, of course, felt left out.

But, she didn’t let it show. It was Chanyeol. He was the reason. He looked so contented she didn’t want to ruin the moment. Seeing him smile, she could never be more pleased than that.

In spite the fact that she wasn’t the reason behind it.  

 

~*~

 

“I’m so tired!” Hyemi let out a heavy sigh as she settled on a chair in a small café inside the theme park. “But it was a blast, isn’t it, unnie?”

Soomin and Chanyeol both took a seat each across her.

Soomin crooked a smile and nodded. “Yes, it was.”

“Oppa, I would like to have a hot chocolate, please.”

“And iced caramel latte for me,” Soomin added – playful grin plastered on her face.

“What? It’s not fair! Why should I take orders from you two?” Chanyeol protested.

“You know why. Just go, Chanyeol,” Soomin stuck out her tongue at him.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and shot daggers at her.

“Fine,” groaning, he left his seat for the counter.

Both girls chuckled at his childish act.

Hyemi’s attention shifted to Soomin once Chanyeol was out of their sight.

“So, unnie, do you have a boyfriend?” she grinned.

Soomin choked at the unexpected topic.

She sheepishly smiled, “No, I don’t.”

Hyemi held Soomin’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. “It’s okay. You’ll find someone soon.”

Soomin was taken aback by Hyemi’s sudden comforting act. She gave an appreciative smile and said, “Thanks.”

She wasn’t so bad, Soomin thought.

“I can find someone for you,” Hyemi added; playfully winked at Soomin.

They stared into each other’s eyes for a great two seconds before bursting into laughter. Soomin could sense Hyemi’s playfulness and knew it was only a joke.

They were still giggling when Chanyeol arrived with the drinks.

“What’s so funny?” he asked as he distributed the drinks to their owners.

Soomin just shrugged and took a sip of her latte.

“Secret,” Hyemi cooed, grinning.

“Girls stuff. Boys don’t need to know,” Soomin snickered.

One against two had its disadvantage. Knowing his argument was invalid; Chanyeol just pouted and drank his iced mocha in silence as the two girls drifted away in their own conversation.

 

To be continued...

 

Hi, guys! I am finally back with an update! I'm truly, deeply sorry for making you wait for so long! >< I was so damn busy, really. Tests, assignments, classes, events and so on and plus my great, critical disease of laziness ;___; /kills self/ You forgive me right? LOL I just want to thank you so much for keep supporting me until now. I just don't know how to repay you guys. I really, really appreciate it /throws love everywhere/ You know I love my readers, right? XD 

Anyway, what do you think of this chapter? Don't forget to leave your comments after reading, ne ^^ And to new readers, do subscribe and upvote. It means a lot to me :) 

Have a nice day, everyone! ^^