01.

Taste of Longing.

 

 

 

“I met this girl and she’s really pretty. You should meet her,” Chanyeol grinned like a dork.

I met this girl.

The words echoed in Soomin’s head. It’s like her heart sunk to the floor and crushed into pieces.

Chanyeol had never liked anyone before. He was more to being reserved and not the type that paying much attention to girls. He must have liked her so much then that even by talking about her enough to make him smiling from ear to ear.

And that tore Soomin’s heart much more.   

The truth was Soomin had a big crush on him since forever. The thing was she didn’t have the courage to tell him because she’s very comfortable having him around and she didn’t want to lose that. She didn’t want to ruin what they were having right now; the friendship that they had put up together for almost five years.  

Because him, Park Chanyeol, was her very best friend.

“Soomin? Yah, Kim Soomin,” Chanyeol waved his hand in front of her face, pulling her back to reality.

“Have you even been listening to what I just said?” he sighed.

“Yeah, sorry. I heard it. You met a girl.”

She faked a smile so he wouldn’t see the pain that was building up in her chest.

“So, what kind of girl is she?” pretending to digging in some information about the said girl just because she knew Chanyeol would be happy if she did.

“She is just so amazing,” he let out a sigh - running his slender fingers through his hair.

“I will tell you later, okay? Got to run,” he displayed his contagious smile and ran to catch up for the next class.

“Chanyeol, wait!” she called out for him.

She strode towards him and passed him her stack of books for him to hold.

“You are not thinking of going to class looking like this, right? Everyone knows how deadly strict our Mr. Lee is,” she reminded him of the school’s well known disciplinary teacher who had eyes of a hawk.

She stood on her toes to match his height and gently tighten up the loose tie that hung around his neck. It’s always Soomin’s job to take care of Chanyeol. He was somewhat clumsy sometimes and Soomin had naturally become his guardian angel from time to time. How she wish he would at least see what she’s trying to say by her actions.

“There. Much better,” she flashed a smile.

“Thanks, Min. You’re the best,” he ruffled her hair and left for the class.

She stood there, grinning although Chanyeol was no longer in sight. She always loved when Chanyeol called her by her nickname. He made it sounding so dearest.

And surely he wouldn’t know what kind of effect he had on her.

 

~*~

 

“I’m home!” she announced as soon as she stepped in from the front door.

“My baby girl is back!” a girl, a few years older than Soomin gave her a quick hug.

Soomin chuckled and hugged her back. “Hi, unnie.”

Sehee was Soomin’s older and the only sister she had. She loved Soomin too much and because they were the only siblings in the house, they got along so well. They looked so alike that people would know at first glance that they were sisters. They had big eyes and pointy nose; except that Soomin didn’t have double eyelids.

They listened to each other and shared secrets. Sehee was where Soomin poured everything to – including her crush on Park Chanyeol.

Sehee pulled away and dragged her loving sister to the couch.

“Yah, it’s Valentine’s Day in two days. What are you going to give to Chanyeol?”

“Nothing,” came her short reply.

Sehee frowned at her sister’s answer. “What do you mean? It’s your chance.”

“He…likes someone.”

“Well, he is not practically dating that girl yet, right?” Sehee raised a brow.

Soomin shrugged. “I guess not.

“Idiot. Then, you still have a chance,” Sehee flicked Soomin’s forehead.

Soomin winced in pain – rubbing her temple. “Unnie!”

Her sister ignored her whining and continued, “Listen. You will make your own chocolate and you will give it to him on the day. Understand?”

Soomin just stared at the elder one and nodded.

“But I don’t know how to make one.”

“That won’t be a problem because I’ll be making one with you. For Woobin,” she grinned at the name.

Woobin was her sister’s boyfriend and they had been together for almost two years now. He was so tall and he had pointy eyes. His body was masculine and broad. Not just good looking but Woobin also had a very pleasant personality. He was very affectionate towards her sister. Soomin would be happy if he’s going to be her brother-in-law someday. Even their parents adored him.

 

February 14, 2011

 

Soomin was waiting for Chanyeol. Leaning against the locker, she smiled sheepishly to herself as she eyed the well-decorated box in her hand. It took her all night to prepare the chocolate, not to mention the detailed decorations her sister forced her into making it. She was more than satisfied with the result. The only thing she needed now was the owner of the box; Chanyeol.

Students started to pile up the hallway. Everyone had something in their hands; be it a letter, a box of chocolate, a big lollipop – you name it.

And there he was. The tall guy Soomin had been waiting for. He was making his way towards her; smiling. The smile took her by surprise. He looked amazingly gorgeous. She straightened up her posture and hid the chocolate behind her back.

She waved her hand, about to open to say something when all Chanyeol ever did was walked pass her.  She frowned and turned around – her eyes followed his movement.

That was when she felt the world around her had fall apart. She saw her dearest best friend, her crush kissed a girl.

They kissed.

It was like being trapped alone in the darkest abyss with a sword pierced through her heart and for a moment, she only felt numbness. The broken heart was silent, it couldn’t be seen but it’s bleeding inside. 

To be continued...

 

"Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment." - Napoleon Bonaparte

 

So I decided to share a motivated quote at the end that can be related to the chapter and I was thinking maybe I should do it for every chapter. What do you think? I love reading quotes. Sometimes they motivated and encouraged me about things revolving life. I thought of sharing with you would be helpful :) And I'll try my best to find quotes that match to the main idea of each chapters ^^

And also, feel free to comment about the update! Whether it is nice or need more of improvements, just stated in the comment box below :) 

Thank you and have a nice day!