Part 1

Break Up?!

            Jessica is so surprise to see Soohyun standing in front of her after she opened the door. She smiles broadly at him, then hugs him tightly. “Why didn’t you tell me if you wanna come to my house?” asks Jessica after releasing her body.

            “I just drop in,” answers Soohyun with his warm smile on his face. “Is it ok if I come here right now?”

            Jessica nods and leads him to the living room. “You can come here every time you wanna,” she says. “Please, sit down! I’m gonna go to the kitchen for a while.”

            Soohyun nods. He keeps on seeing Jessica’s figure who is leaving him. It takes a few minutes, then she enters the room with a tray which was filled by a cake and two cups of tea. “Wow! Are you really planning this for me?!” asks Soohyun in surprise.

            “No,” replies Jessica while putting the tray on the table. “I was practicing to make this. Anyway, I don’t know you will come here today.” Then, she slices the cake and gives it to Soohyun. “Here you go!”

            Without hesitate, Soohyun takes a bite of it.

            “How?” asks Jessica, curious.

            Soohyun looks at her for a moment while chewing the cake in his mouth. Then, he chuckles. “It tastes so good!” replies Soohyun. “You can teach me how to make it next time.”

            “Does it really good?” Jessica asks again.

            “Yeah, it does. Just try it!”

            Because Jessica is so curious about her very first cake that was made by herself, so she slices it and she takes a bite of it. Her face begins to grin and she punches Soohyun’s arm lightly. “How could you say that?!” she says, then drinks the tea. “It tastes so awful! It’s too salty. Oh my goodness, how could I make it like this?”

            “Nooo… it really tastes so good, Sica yah!”

            “Don’t you dare fooling me around, Soohyun ah! I’m not in the right mood,” Jessica says while face-palming in stress.

            “I’m not fooling you around. Look at me!” Soohyun slices the cake. It is the bigger one than Jessica sliced it before. Then, he takes a bite of it again. He does it for many times and eats them all until the cake is only a half left. “I like it so much!” exclaims Soohyun with his happy face.

            Jessica looks at him with a disbelieve look. She can’t believe with what Soohyun has done. She tries to take a bite again and it still tastes awful. “How could you… wait! Maybe you’re sick!” She puts her hand on his forehead to feel its temperature. But, it feels normal. “Why?” she asks. “Why did you keep saying it tastes good but it didn’t, Soohyun ah?”

            “Sica yah…” Soohyun takes her hand that is still on his forehead and holds it tightly. “I know you’ve made this cake with your best and I don’t care if it tastes good or bad. For me, it always tastes sooo good,” he answers.

            “But, you just wanna make me happy then.”

            “Is it a mistake?”

            Jessica takes a deep look at him who also takes a deep look at her. Then, she chuckles. “No. You’re just so sweet!” she answer and gives him a hug. “And that’s why I love you.”

            “I love you much more,” says Soohyun, then he pulls her face to face him and he tries to kiss her lips. But, before he can kiss her, the door is knocked by someone out there. Suddenly, they move their body away to each other and they laugh awkwardly.

            “I leave you for a moment,” Jessica says, then leaves him again.

            While waiting for her, Soohyun drinks the tea until it is only a quarter left. Of course, he can taste the saltiness, but he is ok. Shortly thereafter, Jessica enters the room again and sits next to him. He can see her happiness on her face. “What makes you happy?”

            “This!” Jessica exclaims in cheer and show him a letter that has been read by her. “Just read it!” Then, she gives it to him.

            Soohyun takes it and reads it carefully. Then, his eyes are rounded in surprise. “Oh my… you’ve been accepted in S.M. Entertainment as its trainee?!”

            Jessica nods to answer his question. “It’s a really good news I’ve ever read! I’m sooo happy, Soohyun ah! Finally, I can be accepted there and then I could be a singer. An entertainer! My dream would come true!” she says happily without realizing that Soohyun’s face turns grim. She stops cheering after she realizes his sudden grimace. “What’s wrong, Soohyun ah? Are you ok?” asks Jessica while holding his hand. Her face looks worried.

            “Why didn’t you tell me about this?” Soohyun asks in a low tone as he looks at her. “I don’t even know you’ve been joined the audition. Why did you keep this from me?”

            “Ah… about that? Well, I just don’t know why I did it. But, you know everything now. I never meant to hide it from you. I think, I just forgot to tell you about this. Please, forgive me,” she begs with her sulky face. “By the way, does it mean you don’t like it?”

            Soohyun shakes his head, then smiles a bit. “No. I’m just surprised,” he answers briefly. “Congratulation, Sica yah! I’m so proud of you!” Then, he hugs her tightly.

            “Thank you, Soohyun ah,” replies Jessica while patting his back in his hug. “I was worried if you didn’t like this news.”

            Soohyun just chuckles to answer it. In fact, he is worried about her and their relationship in the future. Jessica will move to the dormitory and it means they will do a long distance relationship. Does it work to us? Will our relationship be ok? His thought asks to himself.

 

***

 

            On the next day, Jessica, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and Sunny are chattering together in the cafeteria of their school. Jessica tells her friends about the good news of her. Her friends are happy to hear that and congratulate her.

            “Does Soohyun know about this?” asks Sunny.

            Jessica nods while drinking her juice. “He’s the first person whom I’ve told about this,” she says. “He was coming to my house.”

            “Really? Woah… what were you guys doing? Didn’t you say you were home alone yesterday?” asks Hyoyeon, trying to tease Jessica.

            “Yaaa… what do you mean? Yes, I was home alone, but we were doing nothing,” Jessica replies in a steady voice. But, when she remembers about they were almost kissing, her cheeks suddenly blush.

            “Really? But, why are you blushing right now? Are you hiding something from us?” asks Tiffany while smirking at her. She loves to tease Jessica in any chance.

            “I-I’m not…”

            “Girls, please, stop teasing her like that,” says Taeyeon. “Then, what was his reaction?”

            “Huh? His? Oh, do you mean Soohyun’s?” Jessica asks back, then Taeyeon nods to answer it. “He was so surprise, because I forgot to tell him earlier. But, he was ok and I was so happy he wasn’t angry at me.”

            “Aw, Sica yah… you should be grateful for having a boyfriend like Shin Soo Hyun,” says Sunny. “He’s a kind and friendly guy.”

            “And also the sweetest guy in the world,” adds Jessica. “Yeah, Sunny, I’m so grateful for having him in my life.” Then, her eyes look at Taeyeon. She chuckles at her. “Don’t be jealous, Taeyeon ah.”

            Taeyeon just laughs. “I don’t,” she says briefly.

            “Well, Sica yah… when will you move to the dormitory?” Hyoyeon asks curiously. “People say if you have been there, you will have limited contact from your friends, even your family!”

            “Oh! But, no. I mean I won’t move to the dormitory,” Jessica answers.

            “Huh? Why?”

            “Because I’m just a trainee. I don’t have to live in there.”

            “How about your training schedule?” asks Tiffany.

            “I’ll follow the schedule after school. But, when I have my first debut, I will probably live in there with my band-mates.”

            “So, you’re not going to live in the dormitory in the near future?” suddenly, the girls hear a man’s voice.

            “Oh! Soohyun ah!?” Jessica exclaims as she turns her face to the owner of the voice. Her face looks so happy and she gives a code to him to sit next to her. “Since when you’re here?” asks Jessica.

            “I just drop in,” answers Soohyun briefly. “Just answer my question, Sica yah.”

            “I’m not going to. Why? Are you scared of loosing me?” teases Jessica while smiling innocently at Soohyun.

            Soohyun chuckles, then hugs Jessica’s arm. “Yeah… I’m so scared, Sica yah,” he answers while pouting his lips.

            “Aw, look at this couple! So lovely,” says Tiffany while holding her cheeks with her hands on the table.

            “I wish Hoon were here also,” says Hyoyeon who agrees with Tiffany.

            “Oh, guys… you make us jealous with you two!” exclaims Sunny. She pretends to look angry, but she looks cute with her pouty lips. Taeyeon just laughs to see her.

 

***