CHAPTER 2 - PRESENT TIME

CHANCE ENCOUNTER

PRESENT TIME (Itaewon)

 

“Hyung, we’re lost! You told me you searched it on the internet?!” Tao said. He was now looking both left and right.

 

“I did!! But!! Ahhhh! Wait, this is Itaewon right? Maybe we can ask someone here who speaks Chinese since this place is popular with foreigners.” Lay said. Tao then stopped hyperventilating and stared at Lay.

 

“Huh?” He said.

 

“Beatles Code 3D, when CL sunbaenim said that her own dorm is located at Itaewon this fact line appeared and it says that it’s popular with foreigners.” Lay said.

“Why can’t we just look for CL sunbaenim and ask her to help us.” Tao said. It was now Lay’s turn to look at him oddly.

 

“You know, that’ll be awesome. But, I don’t know.” Lay said. Tao took his phone out stared typing CL of 2NE1 Itaewon dorm.

 

“Bingo!!! Palli hyung!!” Tao said. He took Lay’s hand and dragged him along the streets. After some time, they arrived in a very expensive looking condominium. Tao then looked at his phone and to the place in front of them.

 

“This is it hyung.” Tao then pocketed his phone and looked at Lay.

 

“Are you sure we have no choice? We’re not even close with her or know her that well to do that.” Lay said. Tao closed his eyes.

 

“You stay here then, I’ll..... CL sunbaenim!” Tao shouted. Lay then averted his eyes where Tao was looking. He then saw Tao waving and started running.

 

CL just came back from her Auntie’s gallery and was now heading back to her dorm when she heard someone calling her. She then looked and saw a guy waving at her and was now approaching her. She was about to call security when she saw who it was, Ow! He’s one of the guys in that group Minzy kept insisting us to listen to.

 

“Sunbaenim. Annyeong!” Tao said exhausted. Not far from Tao was Lay running and was now panting. Tao and Lay bowed and CL did the same.

 

“Hmmm. Annyeong? What brings you here?” CL asked. She then gestured the two to a bench outside. The two of them sat on the bench whilst CL sat in front of them on the grass. Tao and Lay looked at each other and was about to stand up to offer their seat to CL when she just gestured them to seat.

 

“Well? And please drop the formality.” CL said and smiled at them. Lay and Tao nodded.

 

“We’re lost.” Tao said straight. Both of them were startled when they heard her laughed.

 

“Lost? Jinjjayo? What do you mean lost? Where are you off to anyway?”CL said still laughing. Tao pouted and sighed.

 

“SBS Studio.” Lay said. CL looked at them and smiled.

 

“Arrasso. But the problem is, I can’t accompany you there. I have an appointment today.” CL said. Tao and Lay stared at CL and they both felt scared. Lay then checked his watch and gasped, they only have 30 minutes before the stage.

 

“But no worries, I’ll ask someone to accompany you guys. Wait here.” CL said and then stood up and called someone. Lay and Tao was sitting uncomfortably and after a minute CL came back.

 

“You see that coffee shop? You guys wait and she’ll pick you guys there. Annyeong!” CL said and left. Tao and Lay bowed and went to the coffee shop. The manager approached them and escorted them in a private room.

 

“This place is packed in the morning; we don’t want you flooding it with girl fans of yours. So stay here arrasso? Here are some pastries and coffee for you two whilst you wait. She’ll be here momentarily. Apgujeong is a little far from here. Enjoy.” The manager then left and Tao and Lay started devouring the food.

 

“I’m sure their rubbing their heads looking for us.” Tao said. Lay then chuckled and started eating. Just then they heard the door open and both of them were shock.

 

“Did you guys wait that long? Mianhe.” She said bowing and smiled. Tao and Lay looked at each other, bowed and smiled as well. How freaking lucky can we get! Lay said to himself whilst the three of them went to eat the remaining pastries.

 

“How is it possible that you’re not wearing any make-up as well as sunglasses to cover your face? Aren’t you scared people will see your bare face, sunbaenim?” Tao asked. She doesn’t need it though, but the silence is deafening. He added in his mind. She then looked at him and smiled.

 

“First of all call me Noona, I feel old when someone calls me sunbae and please drop the formalities. To answer your question, I rarely use make-up when doing my errands so yah. Does it bother you both? I can add some if you....” Before she can finish her statement, the two shouted “No” that made her laughed.

 

“By the way Noona, my name is Lay and this is Tao. We’re from EXO.” Lay said.

 

“I know. Minzy is a fan. She loves listening to your songs. They’re all daebak by the way. Congratulations. No wonder you guys won Best Album of the year last MAMA.” She said earning a blush from Tao and Lay.

 

“Let me get us some coffee and pastries to go. You guys use the back door and wait for me there.” She smiled and went out. Lay and Tao did as they were told and went outside.

 

“Daebak!” Both of them gasped and saw the only car parked inside. They heard the door opened and saw her carrying paper bags. Lay rushed to her and she smiled and thanked him she then took her keys and opened the door. Tao took the bags from Lay and seated himself at the back leaving Lay with no choice but to occupy the passenger seat.

 

“Go Go Go!!” All three of them said and off they went.