Three - Passionate Thing

Four Ways to Feel the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three - Passionate Thing

_____

Click

Eunji tried not to produce any sound as she closed the dorm door.  She was slinking passing the dark hallway, wishing that no one stayed awake at this time. But at the end of the hallway she realized there were dim light on the living room, and when she finally stepped that wide open room her eyes captured the long hair girl lying on the couch while watching some random programs on television. She let out her deep breath as she knew what she were going to face.

She walked through the long white couch in front of their 29 inch LED TV. She put down her back pack and her cold jacket on the edge of that couch and joining her leader watching those random programs which now she knew it was a news broadcast. There was some, some un-word feeling that scared her by looking the unusual silent Park Chorong. She used to show up her anger every time the member did something wrong, but this silence indeed meant something deep.

Eunji chose to not break the silence since Chorong didn’t turned her eyes to her even though she barely knew Eunji’s presence next to her. Her eyes still focused on the anchorman whom Eunji couldn’t even heard what he was saying because of the low volume Chorong put on the television.

This long silence between them was killing Eunji slowly. She was sure that Chorong was so angry right now. And she couldn’t just say that she spent some time with Sunggyu oppa, eat ice cream from their favorite cafe, and did nothing except, yes that. She then felt the warmness on her checks remembering the sweet kiss they shared on the car before. What is that? Why we did that?  Those two questions suddenly pop up from her mind, from deep inside her mind. She hadn’t even bothered the meaning of their earlier kiss but now, those two questions were like wakening her up.

Just as she was going to respond her own mind, Chorong finally broke the silence. With the eyes still on the unsounded television, she exclaimed her deep angry voice “tell me you’re not making a scandal”

And BAM!

Unfortunately, those words matched well with her two questions. It wasn’t answering her mind but somehow it had the same feel as her questions. A doubt, a suspicion, a worry.

Scandal? Does eating ice cream counted as doing scandal, it’s not, right? We weren’t doing something like hanging out together, using mask, disguising from people, or dating in the pass midnight. Wait, I did some of those things. But I’m sure we’re not doing scandal. I mean, we just eating ice cream, and yeah, that thing. Does a kiss between, what are we, friend count as a scandal?

Being taken aback, Eunji felt her skin shivering from the leader deep angry tone, it was something rare in their Apink live. “No, of course not unni,” it wasn’t a lie, Eunji thought, since she still believe what she and Sunggyu did wasn’t a bad thing that could harm both Apink and Infinite image. Of course it can, she just won’t believe it.

“Then I want to hear your excuse” Chorong turned her eyes, slashing Eunji’s unguarded eyes. And thanks to the failed dim light that couldn’t cover her confused mind. Chorong captured the strange act which Eunji used to show when she was panic or trying to say something untrue.

“I . . .” yes, and the hesitation was the real proof which Chorong marked on her note as a bad thing. She then glared sharply at her dongsaeng, declaring this member that ‘don’t you dare to hide anything!’

“Ok,” Eunji then blew out her breath, she ignored her eyes and tried to look at the clean wall in front of her, “I fell asleep on the wrong van unni. And it turned to be Infinite sunbaenim’s car. They didn’t wake me up while we were still in the basement and I found myself in their van when we already reached their dorm. That’s why Sunggyu sunbaenim drove me home”

Chorong didn’t react at first, she was sure the story was more than that so she chose to wait this member to speak more. Unfortunately Eunji wasn’t in state to continue her story. She thought that the ice cream thing shouldn’t be explained to her leader. Yes, for now her hesitation told her to not say anything more.

“That’s all?”

Eunji slightly nodded and hummed at the same time while of course ignoring Chorong’s eyes.

Later unni, some time I’ll tell you the story if it indeed has to be told.

“Ok then, just assure yourself that anything you did was’t a bad thing!” then Chorong woke up with her last warning. She understood that Eunji wasn’t ready to tell her that anything, she thought that trusting her was the only thing she could do for now since she didn’t like pushing Eunji to confess something she won’t do.

She chose to leave Eunji there, hanging by herself, thinking what should be thought. And there Eunji started to think deeper. Her other side was slightly admitting something strange on heart.

Maybe what we did earlier indeed something strange.

_____

 

A couple day later.

On the sunny day Eunji walked through the busy Cheongdamdong street wearing comfortable floral dress which rarely she wore, and it added with leather jacket and thick cream shawl around her neck. At first, her manager insisted to drive her but she refused badly, she wanted to experience walking through the busy street in the sunny morning like this. And she knew her manager had to company Chorong ad Bomi for some filming, those she had strong reason to win over him.

This street was indeed busy, those thankfully people didn’t realize her. It was kinda strange, she didn’t even try to hide her presence yet she could walk pleasantly enjoying the sunny spring. Her right hand was busy texting Sunggyu, answering his question about her schedule today. So she told him her plan of meeting writer Kim and Kim Woobin in some cafe in this street. With a smirk which never left her, she read his warning for not to fall for Kim Woobin.

I know he’s handsome, but don’t forget he has girlfriend already. He warned her which she answered mischievously by being unsure.

No, don’t be too confused. After that ice cream night, which she didn’t name as a date, Sunggyu and she slowly became closer. Now, it was natural for them to call each other, or to send some good night messages which were more like the start of conversation despite the sleep greeting. Sunggyu indeed who was starting the movement and Eunji slowly enjoyed their closeness. Those sometimes unrealized pink blush formed on her cheeks; some mischievous smirk or some unstoppable giggle she did every time his name popped up on her phone, yes just like now.

Oppa I’ve reached the cafe. Call you later

Eunji ended their un-stoply texting while peaking through the glass wall, and captured the two familiar persons who seemed enjoy discussing something. There was a woman in her mid-thirties who was dressed casually in white shirt and grey long pants which matched her grey shawl, and sitting next to her a young man in soft blue t-shirt covered by dark blue denim and black jeans that was more than perfect for that guy to shine brighter than all men inside the cafe. Just as she was going to leave the glass wall, the woman in grey shawl noticed her presence; she waved to Eunji, pointing to come inside the cafe.

Eunji gave her eye smile to those both persons before walked faster to the entrance door, eager to see them.

“Uri Eunji, come come, finally you came” Eunji was greeted by a bright smile from writer Kim, the woman in grey shawl. She mimiced her smile and walked through them, waving and greeting both of them. Writer Kim then pointed her finger to the seat across Woobin for Eunji to sit.

“Annyonghassaeyo,” the hot-cute man greeted her back with a tiny sincere smile. She nodded in happy eyes before sitting across him, trying to release her nervous.

“You look so bright today, unni” Eunji commented her writer who was still smiling brightly.

“Of course I am.”

“And what about me?” Woobin asked.

Maybe it was just a moment but Eunji did see that man asking her eyes. It was the different Kim Woobin that she had seen on their first script reading. He l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter