One - A Sudden Move

Four Ways to Feel the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One - A Sudden Move

_____

It was about 9 pm in Seoul. Eunji was reading her script again, studying her role more. Today there weren’t any schedule for Apink, and while the other members choose to leave the dorm and play, Eunji preferred to study in her bed room. She did study hard recently, some team production texted her a couple days before to inform their second script reading next month. It would be more detail than before, more act, more serious, maybe using some setting and others, and of course more scaring her.

In this movie, she played a runaway orphan from Busan who ended up living in the empty house with a lonely college student played by Kim Woobin who just owned the house after she lived there  couple weeks. And the romance begins there. Her role name was Hyeri and Woobin played as Joonki. Starting as stranger with different character then simply falling for each other.

Her eyes captured something on the text, she gulped.

Hyeri

(Cooking omelet)

Joonki

(Walking unnoticed, and standing behind Hyeri. Smelling the burning egg)

Hyeri

(Noticing someone behind her. Turning around)

Joonki

(Smiling at her) Let me taste this first (Giving her a sudden kiss)

“Heish!” Eunji let out her cringe mind, “how can I do this?” she threw her script away and struggled in her bed, squeezing her pillow desperately. Imagination going wilder, as she remembered Woobin’s deep stare. His cold charisma was freezing her.  How can I act with him!

She then remembering again what Sunggyu suggested to her a week ago. Yes, that day Eunji said yes, agreeing his strange idea. She was hopeless back then, but now she felt more than that, something that she couldn’t even name. She could imagine doing lots NG, getting Woobin’s deep eyes or angry eyes, and scolded by both director and writer. It was ruined.

In second she grabbed her phone. Her hand moved skillfully, looking for Sunggyu’s name and texting. - Oppa, this is Eunji. I’m sorry for texting you this late night . . .

Hesitation came again, her hand stopped. But her mind simply assured her that it was ok since he was the one who offering the help. –Oppa, this is Eunji. I’m sorry for texting you this late night. I was wondering, when should we meet for practicing my poor kiss skill? She added a shy emoticon before sending that message. Hoping he would understand how screwed she was right now.

Eunji buried her face on the pillow, feeling her embarrassment, she couldn’t even stop burning her cheeks. Then she heard her phone vibrated, long vibrate. She jumped from her bed, a call?

She looked at the screen phone, it was Sunggyu.

“Yes, oppa it’s Eunji,” she said as she heard his voice. Honestly she wasn’t expecting for his call, she even thought that he might be busy right now. But fact said differently.

“I have no schedule tomorrow,” he said, “how about you?” This oppa didn’t sound bothered at all while Eunji struggling like this.

She looked at her schedule board hanging next to the window, a morning recording was written there, 8 am -10 am, “after 11 am I’m free oppa” answered her.

“Ok deal. Where should we meet?”

And Eunji hadn’t thought about that yet, of course! “Honestly, I haven’t thought about that, let me ask my manager if I could use the agency’s studio to practice”

“Your agency studio? Uwaa, it looks like a real practice”

Eunji smirked hearing his weird fun, “Sunggyu oppa, we indeed practice.” She laughed, reminding him their real intention.

“Right,” he said then he laughed, maybe realizing his weird respond, “now, explain me our first scene?”

Our first scene?

She gulped remembering the scene she read before, “it’s a sudden kiss oppa, I’m cooking and the lead male will stand behind me, when I turn around, he smile and kiss me, it’s kind like that but I’ll text you and explain more after this call.”

Sunggyu laughed hearing her fast explanation. Eunji didn’t know why he laughed but she decided to join his laugh awkwardly, feeling unsure, “weird right?” said her.

“It sounds weird, but when we watch the movie maybe it looks romantic,” said him.

“Then why you laugh?”

“Nothing,” said him, adding his laugh, “Eunji-ya, let’s just practice in my dorm, tomorrow all members leaving the dorm since we have two days off. Just me and Woohyun, but I can send him away for a day,” he laughed again, “We need a kitchen set right? Let use mine”

Good idea, actually. But hearing ‘dorm’ or precisely ‘Infinite’s dorm’ makes her cringing. She had never been thought about stepping other male idol dorm. What will her fans think about her if they knew she had been in Infinite’s dorm, and his fans, she would be dead the moment they knew it. Well, people maybe never knew it, but somehow she felt like betraying her fans if she did something bad without them knowing.

This wasn’t a bad thing, her mind assured her. You just study there, and if this movie going well means you did a good job for your fans, right? That evil mind said again. I’m not evil, I’m just being realistic right now, Jung Eunji!

A smirk rising on her face, “ok oppa, just send me you address I’ll be there at 11.”

“I can pick you up.”

“No oppa, after finishing the recording I’m going straight to your place.”

“Really?”

She hummed as yes, “see you tomorrow, oppa.”

“Um, see you tomorrow.”

She didn’t know why, but unrealized her smile was formed on her face, a tiny smile of, relief?

_____

11.15 am Eunji arrived at Sunggyu’s apartment. She pressed the bell, hoping he opened the door fast, it was so cold outside, though she felt warmer now, but she still remembered how freezing outside the building, even her leather coat failed to cover her from the weather.

It didn’t take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter