5 (2min)

Misconception

When Taemin arrived in front of their door, he hesitated a little. He stopped and took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves before dealing with whatever kind of situation awaited for him behind this door. He knew that everything wouldn’t be good once he stepped inside. However, a small part of his heart whispered that he could still hope for the contrary.

“I’m home.” He announced as he entered his dorm. When he heard nothing, it wasn’t because there was no one home. Minho was there, sitting on the couch in their living room. He just chose to stay quiet, which made Taemin even more nervous.

“Oh, hyung, I’m home.”

“Mmh”

“Where are the others?”

“Kibum off for Toheart, Jinki hyung sleeping, Jonghyun going out somewhere.”

“Oh, I see. Well, then, I’ll be going to my room.”

“Sure, get here once you finish unpacking. I have something to talk.”

“Oh, okay.”

With uneasy heart, Taemin made his way to his room, was relieved that Jonghyun wasn’t there. He wasn’t fully surprised with this situation remembering how they got into a fight before he left for Japan. Minho’s excessive jealousy toward his friend was irrational and he really couldn’t stand it. If this talk would led into a bigger fight then let it be, Taemin thought. Minho should have known that there was nothing between him and his best friend and if he wanted to be with him then he had to deal with it. Taemin began to think of what kind of answer might be useful to defend his best friend and to convince Minho that whatever he had in mind was futile. Never in his life had Taemin taken so much time to unpack. This had gone to the point where if he would do everything to have one more minute away from seeing his raging boyfriend.

On the other hand, Minho had given it a thought, a deep thought, about him and Taemin. And he was going to talk and solve this matter tonight. He had promised Jinki that he would talk to Taemin about this and he would keep it his word.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Taemin groggily asked when he plopped down on the couch next to Minho.

“How was your break?” Minho asked back. He turned to face Taemin, looking straight in his eyes.

“Oh, it was fun, a lot of fun.” Taemin replied, a little upset with the fact that Minho ignored his question. He asked first!

“I see. You know what, have it ever crossed your mind that the thing between us, it’s not working?”

There was a moment when Taemin simply went blank on the forwardness. He didn’t expect this coming. He had anticipated a huge fight, but never an end.

“Hyung,” he tore his gaze away from Minho. “What do you mean?” but sadly, it was too late. Minho had sensed the fright that was written all over his face. He was panicking and it prevented him from putting on a composed look in front of Minho.

“I mean we’re not compatible and isn’t it the best to put an end on this before it becomes too much to bear and ends up suffocating both of us.” He calmly explained what he was trying to imply on the previous question. He kept his eyes glued on Taemin, showing how serious he was right now. The deep thought he had a past few days had come to this. He slowly found himself tired of all this. It was exhausting to always have a row about the same thing over and over again.

“What makes us incompatible? Because I refuse to keep a good distance from my friend like you want me to? From the way I see it, it’s more because you don’t, you never trust me enough, do you? You always doubt me.”

“I don’t really want to go through a long argument with you about this. Let’s make it quick. I don’t trust you enough and you don’t give me enough reason to trust you. Thus, let’s call it incompatible and put an end on it?”

“Alright,” Taemin swallowed hard. He wanted to say more. There were so many words he had in store, to make Minho understand, to make this right. Taemin remembered how confident he walked out of his room but where it was now when he needed it the most? “Alright, let’s stop.”

“If blaming me makes you feel better then you’re free to do it. You can hit me if you want. That’s as long as we’re not awkward with each other because I don’t want this to affect the others. Let’s keep this thing between us. I don’t have anything against you, if you want to know.”

“Okay. I’m good then. We’re good.”

“Yeah.”

 

 

“What did you get me?” Jonghyun asked Taemin when he was back and found Taemin on his bed.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing? Nice to know that. You’re such a good friend.”

When he heard nothing after throwing such sarcasm, he turned to take a look on Taemin and he thought Taemin wasn’t okay.

“Hey, are you okay? Are you sick or something?”

“Nothing.”

“Yeah, it should be nothing because it’s the only word I hear from you after you return from your break.”

“I’m tired. We went to too many places and put sleeping at the bottom of the list.”

“sound so much fun,” Jonghyun commented. He threw away the concern he had after hearing that. Little did he knew that Taemin regretted having that ‘so much fun’… because while he spent his time with his friends to have that ‘so much fun’, Minho spent the same amount of time thinking about how much they unfit each other. And Taemin was sure Minho had more than enough time for it.

 

 

“Have you talked to Taemin?”

“Yes.”

“How was it?” Minho could see the sparkle on Jinki’s eyes after he heard his answer.

“It went well.” Minho smiled.

“Ah, I’m happy to hear that.” Jinki grinned. Little did he knew what Minho meant by ‘went well’, because the real meaning behind it was far from what he thought it was.


This is the 2min oneshot I've promised you. Sorry it took so long.

Do you think I better post this separately? I mean, to keep this solely for Jongyu? How do you think?