4 (Jongyu)

Misconception

It was a lie if Jonghyun wasn’t hyper about today. He had waited for this day to come because he had been so bored without Jinki around. He didn’t sleep after he came back from Blue Night, too nervous to sleep actually. He had planned to ask the older to celebrate late White Day together. He couldn’t ask beforehand because Jinki didn’t use his phone much when he filmed for LOTJ – which frustrated Jonghyun even more. He stayed up all night thinking about which one would be better, a movie date or road trip date or a simple dinner date. In other word, Jonghyun acted like a high school girl fantasizing her first ideal date with her school-idol boyfriend.

It got worse when the sun finally came up because Jonghyun decided to wake Taemin up and knock on Minho’s door. No matter how he thought about it, he couldn’t come to a decision for which one was better for their date so he chose to ask the others about it.

“Hurry open your goddamn eyes and help me” he kicked Minho’s legs in annoyance when he didn’t see any sign of waking up coming from Minho.

“Seriously hyung, it’s 7 AM in the morning. Can’t it wait until lunch time?” Taemin, who was forced to leave his bed and getting dragged involuntarily toward Minho’s room, sulked cutely. The poor thing sat at the end of Minho’s bed, trying to slip under Minho’s blanket for some warmth.

“No, this can’t wait. Jinki hyung will probably be here at that time.”

“We don’t even know what time he will be arriving” Taemin muttered under the blanket – somehow he managed to creep in and ended up sleeping next to Minho.

“You’re right!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “Lemme text manager hyung.” he fished his phone out of his pocket and sent a quick message to his manager. “Why he’s not replying me?” he complained just one second after sending the message.

“He can’t reply while sleeping,” Taemin said again.

“Ugh, get out of the blanket I barely hear your voice,” Jonghyun yanked the blanket off of the two sleeping figures, they both jolted from the sudden cold. They voiced their displeasure and demanded the blanket back but Jonghyun wouldn’t listen. “Tell me, which one do you think is more suitable for celebrating late white day, movie date, dinner date, or a road trip date?”

“I don’t know if there is anyone out there celebrate late white day, how could I know which one is better?” Minho replied. He was beyond irritated for getting disturbed early in the morning.

“Then Jinki hyung and I can be the first couple to do that! Look, use your brain a little and help me.”

“Can you please be nicer? You’re the one who asking for a help here. You know what; I’m not even sure Jinki hyung will agree to this.” Minho added.

“Nah” Taemin grinned as he did a high-five with Minho.

“Why won’t he?” Jonghyun questioned.

“Hyung, if I were him, I would like to sleep right away. He’s back from the jungle, not from some culinary show where you just have to sit and eat and say nice things about foods. No matter how fun the filming is, it’s all about physical activity and must be exhausting.”

That can be right, Jonghyun thought.

“We can pick the less energy draining option. Dinner is fine, I mean he doesn’t have to do anything but sit and eat. I’ll do the driving.”

“But actually, movie date is okay too. He only has to sit and watch!” Jonghyun added, getting unsure about his own plan.

“Jinki hyung doesn’t watch movies.” Minho mumbled.

“True.” Taemin approved.

“Okay, dinner then.”

“What if Jinki hyung opts for delivery order?” Minho challenged to which Jonghyun yelled in frustration. Looking at Jonghyun’s suffering, Minho and Taemin secretly exchanged a knowing glance. The two enjoyed making the other feeling insecure about his date as a revenge for disturbing their morning. They were sure Jinki hyung would agree to whatever Jonghyun had planned. In the end, they decided – more like Jonghyun gave up arguing with Taemin and Minho – to go with dinner. Jonghyun would take Jinki to a fancy restaurant and had chicken as the main menu. Wine and flowers weren’t forgotten of course. It sounded perfect – only to Jonghyun.

 

Feeling satisfied with his plan, Jonghyun went back to his room and gave them time to resume their sleep. Even though those two didn’t help much but Jonghyun appreciate that they were willing to listen to his rant. He threw himself on his bed and checked his twitter. He saw some fans getting hyper over Key’s Instagram. Did he post something new? When he clicked the picture, he regretted checking it out because it was a screen capture of his convo with Jinki.

To: majingki

Hyung, where are you?

 

To: majingki

Hyung, reply me!!!

 

To: majingki

Why did you tell Kibum but not me?

 

To: majingki

Hyung?!!!

 

“Do you guys think roses are fine?”

“Fine”

“What about my outfit?”

“Fine”

“Can you two say something else?”

“Fine”

“Why he hasn’t come yet?”

“Dunno”

“He hasn’t replied me too”

“Too bad”

“Should I ask Kibum to ask him where he is?”

“Whatever”

“Can you two text him?”

“Fine”

“What does he say?”

“No reply yet”

“See? Aish, where the heck is he? Manager hyung isn’t picking his phone too!”

“Should I text him saying I’m waiting for him and prepared something for him?”

“Yeah”

Jonghyun quickly typed a message to Jinki, telling him that he had been waiting and had prepared a date for him. Jonghyun stared hard on his phone screen, hoping Jinki would respond to this one.

And Jinki did.

Jonghyun literally screamed when he felt his phone vibrated.

 

From: majingki

I’m going to be late.

I’m spending time with Minwoo hyung in sauna ^^

 

“They must get close during the filming,” said Minho.

“Sure, we’re close enough with Shinhwa hyung, right Minho hyung?” Taemin smiled sweetly until his eyes turned into crescent.

“Of course we are! We’re their first guest in Shinhwa Broadcast, remember?” Taemin nodded exaggeratedly. “Minwoo hyung likes skinship a lot. He likes to hug us. Maybe that’s why those two got close easily.”

“Stop it,” Jonghyun begged weakly from the couch. He lay down on the couch, drowning in grief over the fact that he wasn’t the one Jinki texted when he landed in Korea and that Jinki chose going to sauna with other person instead of coming home to him.

“They must be getting massages. I told you that jungle is a tough place.”

“I hope Jinki hyung receives the best massage from the best staff because he must be dead tired.”

“True, true, I hope the staff’s hands can get rid of his fatigue. Oh hyung, do you think they’ll go for spa too?”

“Sure, why not.”

“Ah, perfect healing.”

“I’m curious if hyung has cute towel on his head.”

“I’m more curious if he takes his shirt off or not!!!”

“But Taemin-ah, when I go to sauna with Kyuhyun and Changmin hyung, we all are shirtless.”

“Then Minwoo hyung is the first one to see Jinki hyung’s abs, beside us and his family.”

A miserable cry heard from Jonghyun’s direction. He really couldn’t hear more of it so he walked away, getting into his room, and hiding under his blanket. He thought Taemin was true; Jinki would be too tired to go for a date. At this instant, he came to a decision of cancelling whatever plan he had on mind. No date for today.

Then he felt his phone vibrated,

From: majingki

I’m sorry I didn’t text you as soon as I landed

I’m sorry I didn’t go home right away

I couldn’t say no to Minwoo hyung. That would be rude

You see my abs more often than anyone else, you know that

Don’t sulk in your room like that, Jonghyunnie

2min made fun of you :P

I’ll be home before you know it.

I miss you.