2 (Jongyu)

Misconception

When the news about Jinki joining the next Law of The Jugle broke out this morning, Jonghyun frowned as he stared at his phone screen. Why he didn’t know about this? When did Jinki get the offer? Why did he even get invited again? It wasn’t the show that he disliked but the idea about not having Jinki at dorm was. He got out of his bed and made his way to the leader’s room. He knocked once and let himself in after hearing a mumble from the inside.

He saw his manager reading a magazine on the bed. He scanned the room and found Jinki sitting in the corner, concentrating on his phone. Jonghyun assumed he was in the middle of playing some games the fan had talked about ever since their choreographer uploaded it on Instagram. He went to sit beside the older and glanced over Jinki’s phone ensure that he was really playing games. And he did.

“Hyung, just now I read an article about you going to Brazil for Law of The Jungle. Did they invite you again? You’re still discussing about it with manager hyung, aren’t you? They shouldn’t write something unconfirmed like this. This can lead –“

“It’s confirmed. Jinki is joining the list. We’re departing to Brazil next week.” Their manager answered them for Jinki. The latter only murmured a yeah.

“When did they ask you? Why did you not tell me beforehand? Are you sure you want to do this?” questions flooded out of Jonghyun’s lips. He couldn’t believe his boyfriend didn’t have a talk about this with him. He wanted to hear this from Jinki himself, not from the portal news. “Manager hyung, did you force Jinki into this?” he turned to accuse their manager when Jinki didn’t reply.

“No, I accepted the offer.” Jinki said nonchalantly.

“Can’t you stop playing for awhile? We’re in the middle of discussing something important right now?” Jonghyun was totally upset now and he didn’t plan on keeping it inside. “Why didn’t you tell me? Or maybe discuss this with me before receiving the offer?”

Jinki stopped playing upon hearing Jonghyun’s raising tone. There he realized he might had done something wrong.

“If you guys are going to have a fight here, in this room, please hold it a bit. I’m leaving now. I’m not interested on listening to any of it.” Jinki watched their manager walking out and turned to face Jonghyun after the door clicked close.

“Are we seriously arguing over this?” Jinki asked.

“Yes, we are.” The glaring eyes and red face told Jinki enough that Jonghyun took this very seriously so he started to act seriously, too.

“Okay,” Jinki started. “I got the offer a while ago and accepted it right away so manager hyung called to confirm my attendance at once.”

Jinki gulped when Jonghyun didn’t say anything.

“I didn’t see anything wrong about this. I mean, I didn’t recall we ever had a talk concerning our solo activities. I mean, we all have it, you have your radio and key has his musical. So I don’t see any reason for you to be this furious about my solo activities.”

“It’s not like I’m going to do a WGM for God’s sake say something, can you? You start this, remember?” Jinki added when Jonghyun stubbornly remained silent despite any explanation Jinki had given him.

“Of course, this matters hyung. You should have talked to me first and asked me if I’m okay with this. I think we’re dating now. Am I wrong?”

“God, Jonghyun, I’m so sorry that I didn’t come to you when I first received the offer. I’ll talk to you the next time I get invited to some shows. I’m so sorry that you have to know this from the news article. Forgive me, baby.” Jinki caressed Jonghyun cheeks in attempt to pacify the younger.

“I don’t like this.”

“I promise this won’t happen again. I’ll go tell you right away about my schedule. I was going to tell you two days before my departure.” Jinki ensured Jonghyun, hand still touching Jonghyun’s rough cheek.

“It’s more than you’re thinking, hyung” Jonghyun whined.

“I don’t understand what you mean, Jongie.” Jinki tried his best not to whine back because he was starting to get annoyed with Jonghyun’s irrational outburst.

“I’m not okay with you filming this show.”

Jinki stunned hearing his confession. “Oh, I thought you liked this show. I remember how you were so interested on hearing about my adventure in Borneo.” Jinki began to think that he misunderstood it. Maybe his boyfriend didn’t like him doing outdoor activities.

“You got covered by mud last time. It may be very hot there. Your skin will get burnt. There will be a lot of red marks on your skin because of the mosquitoes. Why would you do this again?” Jonghyun sulked. “Don’t go.” He added, voice merely a whisper.

“I’ll put on a lot of sunscreen and protect myself from mosquitoes. But that’s the risk I have to face. What would you expect? A comfy bed with air-conditioner? I had fun while I was in Borneo despite the weather and the discomforts the jungle had offered. That’s why I didn’t think a lot before agreeing to the second offer. I can’t cancel this just like that. The article about me joining the list has been released. I know it’s normal if we cancel on something but I just –“

“Actually I just don’t like the part that I won’t see you when I come back to the dorm.” Jonghyun cut off. There was a moment of silence before Jinki broke into laughter.

“So actually it’s all because of that?” Jinki asked, amused. “It’s only for a few days, Jonghyunnie.” Jinki was relieved to know that Jonghyun just didn’t want to be apart from him.

“Okay, I’ll let this pass. Next time, let’s avoid any schedules that require us to be apart from each other!”

“Jonghyunnie, that sounds ridiculous. Stop being a baby. It’s like we never be away from each other before.” Jinki laughed it off but Jonghyun’s glare shut him up. “Alright, alright, we can try that.”

“Since we’re officially dating, I want our relationship comes first.”

“Okay, anything you want. If you’re not okay with being separated, I’ll talk to you first before taking any offer abroad.”

“Thanks.” Jonghyun leaned in to peck Jinki’s lips. “But even though it’s filmed in Korea, you still aren’t allowed to do WGM, hyung. Don’t even think about joining WGM, okay? In return, I promise you I won’t be joining that ty show no matter how much my fans want to see me interacting with girls. I hate the idea of you holding and flirting or worst, kissing those plastic es out there.”

“I also hate the idea of you flirting with your radio guests.” Jinki teased.

“Fine, you won’t hear me flirting on the radio again!”

Jinki chuckled at the sight of defeated Jonghyun. He liked it when Jonghyun pouted because it was cute. “Just kidding, babe. You sound so cute with your flirty voice.”

“You don’t tease me, Jinks!”

“Oh, if I ever read about your dating scandal again when I’m not here, we’re over for real.”

Jonghyun shivered a little upon hearing Jinki’s threat. He didn’t want to recall the days when Jinki ignored him and smoked behind everyone’s back to overcome his stress. No, he loved Jinki too much to let the older go through that phase for one more time. He had been so careful when he went out with his female friends ever since.

“You know I’m yours.” Jonghyun sealed Jinki’s lips one more time. “When are you going again?” he added.

“Next week.”

“Sleep with me until then?”

“Sure.”


I came up with this idea when I first read about Jinki joining the next LOTJ

I'm sorry I haven't finished the 2min part as I've stated on the first chap.

Please wait patiently

Thanks for reading ^^ and commenting ^^