The Kiss

The One I Love

Chapter 6

The “Kiss”

Rae POV

I didn’t fall asleep until one waiting for the text I knew would no longer come. It was idiotic and pathetic, but I couldn’t help myself. In the one year and five months I had known Jonghyun he had never failed to answer my messages. As I drifted into a restless sleep I prayed that when I woke up it would get better.

The alarm blared at 7:30 I reached out and smashed it against the side table in order to turn it off. Cuddling deeper into the comfort and warmth of my bed I sighed.

I could feel it today would be a bad day I even contemplated not going to school, but in the end I did. I didn’t want to risk getting behind on school work.

Smiling I left the house, once outside I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. I started the day with a smile, yet in the end I would be crying.

            Jonghyun POV  

After band practice ended I went home. I did my work, ate, practiced playing the guitar some more and around 9 I took a shower. After I finished my phone rang. Jiwon was calling.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Jonghyun oppa sorry to disturb are you sleeping?”

“Aniyo I just got out of the shower. Wae is something the matter?”

“Deh….”

Silence Jonghyun wondered if she had hung up but he could still hear her breathing.”

“Is there really something wrong.” He asked trying to get an answer from her.

“Oppa Mianhae … I don’t know if I should be telling you this, but I don’t think Rae likes me.”

“What that’s nonsense Rae is such a good girl and it’s only been a day since you two meet.”

There was silence.

Meanwhile on the other side Jiwon bit her lip in anger she had been too hasty. They had only meet today and she was already complaining cursing herself mentally she finally replied

“Deh oppa I guess it’s because I’m new I’m still nervous.”

“Gwenchana I told you I’d be here for you and you can also count on my friends especially Rae.”

Trying her hardest not to curse Jiwon quickly changed the subject and talked about how different Korea was from the US. When they finally noticed it was almost 12 they hang up.

Jonghyun was about to go to sleep when he noticed Rae’s message he checked the time it was sent at 9:45 it was already 12:05 he sighed and went to sleep since he knew it was already late.

Rae POV

I arrived early and went straight to the practice room. No one was there so I took a short nap a few minutes later I was awaken by the sound of a guitar. I sat up quickly thinking that either Jonghyun or YongHwa oppa had come. Yet no one else was in here I slowly opened the door and listened carefully. It was coming from 2 doors down the room where DA practiced. Slowly I opened the door and saw Joon playing. He stopped when he saw me embarrassed I backed out and was about to close the door when.

“If you want to listen come inside just don’t stand by the door.”

I was shocked, but quickly came inside closing the door behind me.

He started playing again and I got lost in the music than he started singing.

jidokha-ge tteugeoun taeyang pihaji anhkesseo

keochin baramso-ge nareul mat-gin-chae

 

Run for you I wake up

Love for you I wake up

A song for you I wake up

barochigeum Wake up

Run for you I wake up

Love for you I wake up

A song for you I wake up

barochigeum Wake up

 

kkeunheojil-deut wiiheomhan beure-ikeuche-in ijen pilyoeop-seo

kajang ppareu-go binna-ge tallilppun

 

Run for you I wake up

Love for you I wake up

A song for you I wake up

barochigeum Wake up

Run for you I wake up

Love for you I wake up

A song for you I wake up

barochigeum Wake up

His deep husky voice hypnotized me and I couldn’t help but stare luckily he was too busy looking at the guitar as he sang. Once he finished he looked at me, I stiffened.

“Do you want to play something?”

“I wish I could, but I don’t know how to play the guitar or any instrument for that matter I’m only a vocalist.”

He was about to say something when the bell rang my eyes went wide and not even saying a goodbye rushed to my first period class. I got scolded in front of the whole class my face burning I quickly walked to my desk and but my head down.

“Why are you late.” All three of them asked at the same time.

For some reason I didn’t want to tell them I was with Joon so I just replied that I had over slept.

I had a hard time focusing especially since I wanted to ask Jonghyun why he didn’t reply and if he had seen the message. I had texted him saying that I wanted to meet him behind the library to talk before lunch.

First period ended and with a heavy heart I walked into 2nd period.

Jiwon POV

I walked into 2nd period with Jonghyun I kept observing him but nothing. Half way through class Jonghyun left to use the restroom seeing his phone I took it.

I searched through his messages a saw one from Rae since he had already seen it I couldn’t delete it, but than a new message came in saying “Jonghyun Oppa I really need to talk to you.”

I pressed delete after a 30 seconds a new message arrived I pressed delete that’s when I saw Jonghyun walking back to his seat in a panic I also turned off his phone and placed it back.

Lucky for me he didn’t check it. Once second period was over we headed for lunch.

“Jiwon go ahead of me I have something to do.”

“Ok”

I watched as he left I was about to leave to when I remembered reading the first message saying to meet Rae behind the Library so I quickly followed.

Rae Pov

When second period ended I went to meet Jonghyun. I was a bit late since many students where making their way to lunch. I had just rounded the corner when I came to a sudden halt.

My breathing became heavier and my vision clouded. Tears began to form and before I could stop them they fail turning around quickly I dashed outside only to bump into someone.

Jiwon POV

I followed Jonghyun and he was surprised when he saw me.

“What are you doing here?”

‘I just wanted to see what you are doing.”

As I walked closer I tripped over my steps and would have fallen if Jonghyun hadn’t caught me.

His lips where only a few centimeters away from mine and I leaned forward and closed the distance his lips where one mine soft and warm sadly it only lasted for a second.

“What are you doing” he asked as he shoved me away.

“Saranghae since the first time I saw you at the airport 3 days ago.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t like you like that I only see you as a friend.”

“Before you complete say no to me why don’t you give it a try. Let’s get to know each other please.”

I could  hear the small desperation in my voice as well as tears beginning to form. Jonghyun sighed

“Look I don’t like you.”

“Just once can’t we try it just once?”

“….”

Jonghyun POV

What should I do I didn’t have any romantic feelings for her but I couldn’t stand to see her cry so I surprised myself when I said

“Arasseo just once I’ll give it a try.”

Rae POV

I reached home and laid in bed the image tormenting me as it played over and over in my head. Because of my stupidness and slowness I had lost him. Now just like she said he belonged to her and I was left alone.

The rest of the day I spent it locked in my room till I heard a knock……

 

So how was it?!?!?1 hope you guys liked it