Strangers

The One I Love

Chapter 11

Strangers

 

After DA finished practice I walked away and headed to 3 period my thoughts a mess. Jiwon was already sitting in her usually seat and when she saw me walk in she smirked. Trying my best to ignore her I took my regular seat far from her. When the bell rang I contemplated on skipping band practice, but I knew it would do no good to avoid the situation any longer. I walked to the practice room 5 minutes late. Jonghyun had his head down tuning his guitar and finding the right sound YongHwa was looking over his lyrics but looked up when he heard me walk in.

“Oh, you came good we were getting to make the songs selections.”

“Deh, actually I wanted to talk to you um privately.”

“If you have to say anything you can say it in front of all of us,” came Jonghyun’s curt reply.

I ignored him and continued to look and speak to YongHwa “I um..”

He cut me off before I could muster the courage to tell him. “Rae the competition is just 2 months and 3 weeks away we can’t waste any time ok, don’t worry about a thing and just focus on this arasseo. Now let’s get ready to practice I already choose the songs.”  He said while offering me a small smile.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t do this anymore….I…. I quit.”

“Why.”

“Mianhae sunbae,  jungmal mianhae.” Trying to hide my tears I quickly walk away.

 “So that’s it you’re just going to bail on us.”

Finally having enough and reaching my breaking point I turn and face Jonghyun.

“Isn’t this what you wanted and wasn’t it you who said that I didn’t care nor have a passion for music. I’m tired of you acting this way towards me lately. You said that the one who changed was me, but what about you. I no longer know you the Jonghyun I knew would have never gone off on me and said those hurtful words.”

“Then what about you, you know how much music means to me and yet you said something like that.”

“Jonghyun does music really mean that much to you, because these past weeks it didn’t seem like it and you know what I’m tired of fighting especially of fighting with you so let’s just stop and I don’t mean just the fighting I’m also talking about our friendship or whatever was left of it.”

“if you didn’t like doing it than why did you join in the first place.”

“I did because of you I thought that if… you know what just forget it… it doesn’t matter anymore nothing matters anymore.” With that said I turned and left. I walked and kept walking till I reached my favorite ice cream shop I ordered myself a mint chocolate chip and took a sit in the back and then laid my head down.

I don’t know how long I stayed like that till I heard a voice say, “Your ice cream is all melted.”

I jerked my head up and saw Joon and L sitting right in front of me.

“You know,” said L in a hypnotizing voice, “You’re supposed to eat you ice cream before you fall asleep and you’re also not supposed to sleep in places like this what if a ert tried something on you.”

“I don’t think that would ever happen to someone like me.”

He looked me over before saying “Yeah your right.”

“Here” said Joon as he handed me a new un-melted mint chocolate chip ice cream.

“So have you considered our proposal?”

“I have but I need more time to think about it after all I don’t know if music is really for me I’m more of an artist a drawer.”

“Really, than do a quick sketch of me.”

“What right now, but I don’t have a pen, pencil and or paper”

L got up and went to the counter returning with a pen and a napkin. I stared at him for a while before taking the things from him and beginning me sketch.

“Could you turn your head to the side, since this isn’t big enough ill just sketch your side profile.”

He rose an eyebrow but did as I said “I’ll show you my left side than because It’s more handsome.”

I tried to stifle a laugh but failed so I just smiled and concentrated on my sketch. After 3 minutes I was done “Finished,” I say as I held up the sketch.

“Impressive and in just three minutes I approve.”

I blushed slightly at his compliment and when I looked up again I froze.

Jonghyun had just walked in with Jiwon. I lowered myself into me sit hoping to become invisible.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing” I then grabbed the pen and threw it under the table. “Oops I dropped the pen I’ll get it.”

I crawled under the table and tried my hardest to stall thought it only lasted a miserable five seconds. As I was getting back up I saw Joon and L glance at each other while raising their brows asking what was wrong.

From my peripheral vision I could see Jonghyun looking this way. Then they began walking this way I began to have trouble breathing but tried to keep my face composed. They took the table next to ours and my breathing stopped.

“Yah,” said L as he drew his face close to mine “Are you going to join us or what.”

“…..”

“Join what,” said Jiwon as she turned from her seat to look at us.

“Our band,” said Joon “We are trying to recruit her.”

She narrowed her eyes “Isn’t she already in a band.”

“No she quit and it was for the best she was just holding us back.”

My ears burned red and I abruptly stood up and left.

Joon POV

Rae got up abruptly and left. I watched her go and soon I was up and following her but before I left I turned to Jonghyun and said, “Maybe she isn’t your style but she’s totally my type and I want her.” I could see his eyes burn and turned with a smirk on my face. L stood up and followed

“Hyung do you really like her.”

“No just her voice though she is kind of interesting I guess you could say I’m just curious about her that’s all.”

I spotted Rae a few steps ahead and walked briskly to catch up.

“Join our band.”

“No”

“Why, don’t you want to win against him.”

She stopped and looked at me. “Join our band, beat him and proved to him that he is wrong, make him see that you are better than what he thinks.”

“What’s the point, there is no reason for me to try to prove myself to him besides after quitting the band I broke off my friendship with him.”

“Fine and if you don’t want to do it for him then why don’t you do it for me, as payment for cooking you ramen.”

Her eyes narrowed slightly and she stopped to contemplate. “I’ll right ill join your band, but I won’t participate in the band competition ill just help with practice.”

“Fine that’s good for now.”

Rae POV

After I agreed to join the group I went home and went straight to sleep tired of the day’s events.

The next two weeks went by quickly, each day I resisted the urge to text, call, look, or talk to Jonghyun with the passing of the days it got a bit easier. At college when we walked past each other in the halls we made sure to walk on the opposite side in class I sat for from him and during lunch time I was usually in the art room.

Slowly it seemed like a dream that I ever even talked to him I only had Shin Hye as my constant reminder when I saw her sitting with him and she texted me during class. Though I was sad I tried to distance myself from her as well since she was his friend first before she was mine. I usually talked to her on the weekends, when she would come over for movie night.


“Hey Rae, do you want to go to the amusement park just the two of us tomorrow?”

I contemplated this for a moment before saying yes.

“Ok good than let’s meet up at 4 ok.”

“Okay”

Next Day

It was 4 and I had just finished getting ready. I heard a knock on the door and hurried to open it up. Yet I was surprised to see someone else instead of Shin Hye.

…..Sooooo how was it?? Hope you guys enjoyed it!!!! Soo the rand battle will take place shortly in just two chapters!! So excited oh btw the next two chapters will be a bit longer than usually because many things will happen. oh what did you guys think about Rae switiching sides and me adding L??? hope you enjoyed and as promised her is the chapter.