Chapter 14

Is it too late?

Tiffany was all alone in the living rom, snuggled in her blanket, relaxing after a hard and long day at court. She has a case of a murder, but her client was falsely accused and she tried as hard as she could to prove the jury that he's innocent and today after three months, she finally did it and she couldn't be more happy. Her client was now able to finally return home to his wife and little daughter and to continue his life. That was important to Tiffany since he always talked about his little girl and to see how tightly he hugged his wife and daughter in the courtroom was something Tiffany will never forget.

Jajeoong had a big meeting at the company and he stayed till late at night so she was all alone at home. She was drinking her vine while watching the tv. She glanced at the clock who ticked midnight. It was now April 7, Siwon's birthday. Even though it was daytime in New York, she had to call him and wish him a happy birthday, just like she did the year before, for the first time after he left. Two years passed quickly in her surprise since she thought they would pass slowly.

"Hello?" a deep voice was heard after a few beeps. Again, just like the first time, her spine shivers hearing his voice. She hated being like this, showing her other side, side dedicated to Siwon, still, after two years of being married to Jaejoong.

"Siwon, happy birthday!!" she yelled as a surprise. "I know it's not your birthday in New York, but I had to call you and hear you." 

"Oh, my Fany, thank you! This is a surprise actually. I'm so busy with work that I'm lost in time and space." he chuckled. 

"How are you, is everything okay there?" she asked. It was so nice hearing his voice after two weeks not talking. Work has taken over their life and they just didn't have any time for themselves. 

"Yeah, I'm just so busy. I'm sorry for not calling but it's been crazy here in New York. We're trying to sign a contract with a important company so it's been hard. How are you?" 

"It's fine Siwon, I understand. Well, I just finished that long case with the innocent man today and it ended in big success so I'm happy about that." she said. She had that smile on her face, the smile she always has when she's talking to him. It's been two years since Siwon left and Tiffany dedicated her life to Jaejoong and work, putting Siwon and her emotions behind, just for a while, but they return when she has longs conversations with him at night, when they talk about random things, acting like teenagers. Him leaving was probably a good thing since so many things happened. Him confessing and telling her the real reason why he left her woke up the feelings she use to have for him all over again, but there was Jaejoong, calming them and leading her to the way she was before.

"How's everybody?" 

"They're fine. Jessica just finished launching a new perfume line and she was really busy. The perfume was released in LA which is a big success for her. Heechul is, well, being himself. Nothing changed." she said chuckling. 

"And you and Jaejoong?" he asked with a heavy heart.

"To be honest, we've been fighting a lot lately. He's out every night even though he has to work the next morning. He's on a meeting now, by his words, but I don't believe it." she admitted. He was the one she would tell all her problems, even if they involve Jaejoong. Him, Jessica an Heechul knew everything and they were always by her side.

"Are you kidding me? For how long is this going on?" he asked, now annoyed. He remembers when he said her that if he ever hurts her in any way he'll be really angry and he won't be responsible for his actions.

"A month but I didn't want to tell you anything because I didn't want to upset you since you have so much work. But I just can't take it anymore. The figths are constant and it's driving me crazy." she complained.

"Did he hurt you?" he asked.

"No, I promise." she said with a shaky voice. 

"I'll be coming to Seoul in a week like I planned and we'll talk, okay? Don't be sad and don't cry, wait for me!" he said with a soft voice. It's impossible for them not to be full of love to each other after so much they had together.Yes, she was married, but he obviously was mean to her and imagining Jaejoong yelling and lying to Tiffany makes Siwon angry and sad at the same time because he would give everything to be on her place.

"Okay, I'm sorry Siwon for telling you this on your birthday. Don't think about it for a day, please. Happy birthday. I love you." she said feeling how the first tears was streaming down her face. That I love you was true, sincere because she really did love him. As a best friend, as a man, still.

"I love you too." he said and hung up. 

She closed her eyes, letting all the tears she has been holding for a month to stream down. She was tired of those fights and Jaejoong lying to her. She decided to warn him that she had enough. It wasn't the life she imagined with him.

A few minutes later Jaejoong arrived. Tiffany quickly washed her tears away for him not to see. She wanted to show him that she's strong and that she won't cry for him.

"Good evening my beautiful wife." he said with a high voice, holding himself on the wall. He was drunk again.

She was standing in the middle of the living room with a cold expression, red eyes from crying and arms crossed. Jaejoong was approaching her sloppy, almost falling. Finally he hugged her and wanted to kiss her. She pushed him away in anger, not saying a thing. 

"What's wrong now?" he asked sighing. 

"You're drunk again." she said cold. 

"We had a few drinks after the meeting." he said as he threw himself on the couch.

"You always say that Jaejoong. I had enough of your wild life. Stop drinking!" she raised her voice. She couldn't be so calm anymore, she needed to thre her anger out, let him know that she's serious.

"What, you're gonna leave me?" he suddenly became cocky, as always when he's drunk. "You're gonna go to Siwon?" 

"Stop it!" she yelled as he mentioned Siwon's name. 

"Just admit it that you still love him and that you're with me because you're feeling sorry for me!" he screamed back.

"Why are you like this? We were so happy and then, what the hell got into you?" 

She felt so miserable hearing him telling her to return to Siwon. She never mentioned him in front of Jaejoong because she didn't want to piss him off, and here he is, mentioning him, accusing her of cheating and the next morning, he doesn't remember anything.

"You know what Jaejoong, I'm done. We're going to have a civilised conversation when you start acting like an adult. Good night." she said, with a calmer voice now, feeling exhausted. She left him alone in the living room and went to their bedroom. She locked the door because she didn't want to have him near her tonight. She went to bed and as soon as she closed her eyes, the tears returned again. It was the first time in a while that she cried herself to sleep. What happened to Jaejoong? Why was he drinking so much and why is he lying to her and accusing her. She was tired, hurt and done with all those fights. Sure, she had them with Siwon too, but he never drank this much, he never lied to her and he cared. 

Why is that perfect marriage with Jaejoong just a fantasy now?