Brave Heart

Brave Heart

Kim can see a body figure under the acacia tree and while walking she started to distinguised his feature.

he really a good looking  guy, a man with a body who i predict  is one of the greatest sculpture of a greatest sculptor, it's funny to see a professor with that kind of attire, he doesn't look like any of his past professors who is always wearing a thick glasses and much more not that good looking, hmm...  he is wearing a thight yellow v-neck shirt and a faded jeans, with a black something in his right shoulder. Stop this Kimberly or else, or else what?  Her other conscience replied. She grunt in dismay, she closed her eyes and she didn't notice that she is now in front of this man.

 

"So.. Hello" she say in a low voice, she don't know but she feel so uncomfortable with him. it's like everything is not going to be good when he is around, but the attraction was too high.

 

"Hi, Kim... Oh come with me... it's really pissing me off standing here under this tree and their are so many mosquitoes, i feel that all my blood are gone... come and go with me in the starbucks, it's more comfy their... than in here.." he said in a cheerful yet authoritative voice.

Kim wonder if their is a starbucks open in almost 1am. yeah their is some starbucks open until now but she's afraid the starbucks in here were closed because there are little amount of people go in this place. Kim was shocked when they approach a burgundy lexus LS Hybrid. she didn't know that Gerald has this kind of car. "you owned this?" pointing her fingers to the car in front. She was shocked because she just know that Gerald is just a professor in UST, she didn't even think of Gerald having this kind of a car, and it came to her mind that it's not just a lexus but a hybrid type. Kim was astonished from thinking because she heard Gerald called out from the window.

"Are you gonna stare outside? hop in.!" Gerald say in boredom. Kim can see that he is drained, she doesn't know why she feels that way but she is worried. She get inside and she felt her body relaxs when she sitdown in the comfy leather seat of Gerald's car. When she finally put her seatbelt. Gerald start the ignition and speed away.

Gerald feel the uneasiness of Kim, so he started talking. "Kim, what do you usually do after work?" he ask.

"Me? uhmm.. after work? I usually go to mall, attend parties, and when i like to sleep, i read a book.!" she laugh at the last words she say's.

"So you think reading a book make you sleep?" he said in a can't believe face. "Don't you know when you read all your imagination comes alive. That's one thing that keeping me alive. reading books, even if i read it several times, like what my old teacher say's imagination is better that knowlegde." he explains.

"oh. i'm not saying that, but have you tried reading classical books. it's boring. but i like reading science fiction." she said while rubbing both of her hand.

"So who are the writers of this science fiction you most like?" Gerald asked.

"hmm.. let me think. oh.. right now. i'm reading Edge of Forever, it's by Rj Anderson. Hey your an Anderson right. Do you know this guy? He is great, but usually he doesn't show up when he release those books written by him, usually it's her publisher." She says gleefully. She got excited when he remember Edge of Forever because the story is so exciting.

Gerald smile when he heard what Kim say's, he didn't commented from what she say because they are now in parking mode inside the vicinity of starbucks. Gerald pulls off beside a black van. Kim jumped with surprise when someone opens the door with her. Gerald instinctively hold her and said "Marcus! you almost killed her with a heart attack.!! I'm sorry Kim, but he is Marcus, my bodyguard. I'm sorry! Marcus please. leave us alone, okay?" Gerald declared.

"I'm sorry ma'am, sir, i'm really sorry, i didn't mean it. sorry." Marcus said apologetically and began walking away.

Gerald broke the silence and said. "Let's go inside!" he said with conviction. Gerald go out of his car and open the door in Kim's side. is he a bipolar, awhile ago were a having a nice chat, but now i can feel the cold treatment from him. is he always like this? or he just feel embarrased about what happen awhile ago.

When they entered the cafe, the staff greet them cheerfully, even she can see that they are tired but still manage to smile to them and lead them to the secluded part of the cafe, Kim scanned the area and saw three man wearing the same dress as Marcus and a woman who is so beautiful with a black cocktail dress, the woman smiled at Kim when she looks at her. Kim knew  that the woman studied her for a second and she looked away, Gerald already pulled a chair for her when she looks at him. She sit and breath deeply, she closed her eyes and spoke in a murmur. she is currently alarmed that something is not good in here. She started to argue in her head if this is the right decision she make that she go with Gerald. Gerald noticed that Kim is somewhat uneasy again and he asked.

"what's wrong?" Gerald asked.

"What do we really need to talk to? And why do many people seems studying me? Is this a trap? Who are you, i mean really. who are you, Mr. Anderson! Don't you know that i'm starting to regret this going out with you, in the middle of the night." Kim said heavily, she is so nervous.

"Hey, don't be afraid, as i said i really want to help you, i'm also curiuos about what or why is that being done... As I said, in our first meeting, i'm a proffesor." Gerald explains.

Kim laughed nervously and said "Do you think i'm gonna believe you, after I saw you driving a lexus. not just a simple lexus but a hybrid type, and having this many bodyguards? What do you want Mr!?"

Gerald is breathing heavily. He don't know what to do. God! What is happening? I think she didn't really understand me at all. Maybe i just need to tell her who i really is. "Kim, i'm Gerald Randolph O. Anderson Jr. son of Randy Anderson Sr. of Anderson Group of Companies, as I said i'm a professor, i really didn't think much of participating in my family business but i'm doing my share by signing some papers and making business strategies at my abode... I don't like going to the office, it's sound creepy for a hunk like me."  Gerald explains with a joke.

Kim was shocked from what she heard but laughed when she heard about the last sentence that he said. "That's why your a professor??? Hahaha!! And what course are you teaching??" mockingly. "Art and Symbol and Western Literature? You are one of a joker!" Kim enunciated.

Gerald smile with his most fickle smile. "I'm just bored in the office, starring at your laptop, making phonecalls, just you, alone in a big office. When i'm in school, teaching college student is very exciting and adventurous in my part, and teaching is just a part time job of mine, i'm usually go out with my friend and tries mountain hiking and other adventurous stuffs, oohh, I'm also Rj Anderson, that's my pen name, and the one your telling me about awhile ago, that's my last written book, Edge of Forever."

"What? your Rj Anderson?" her eye's widen as she talk.

"yes, my editor and publisher is usually the one who face the media  to introduced my new books because I don't want many people who will approach me, i enjoy being myself and doing things freely. How about you Kim? I already told you about my life. it's your turn." He said with a wink.

Kim is going crazy about the changeable expressions of Gerald because awhile ago he is so damn seriuos and all of a sudden he is now making jokes, what a man!  "nothing much, i'm just a undercover police officer." she said plainly, she doesn't wan to elaborate more about herself and maybe Gerald notice that and didn't ask for more.

"oh, okay, by the way i'm having a research about what is the writings in the wall and as of now i can't find anything like that, it's like they does it for fun or making fun for other people, I also heard that you are given a month to solve this maybe we can help each other because i really wanted to know this things, honestly it almost freaking me out, everyday i usually dream of  something weird and it's a hindrance to me because i can't really concentrate on my new novel.