Chapter 2- Bullies

Electric Shock meets the Dragon

Mulan, as a smart girl, was active in class. Despite being new, she kept on raising her hand, whenever she knew the answer. She can see some people glaring at her. They must be the cream of the crop, she thought. She just ignored them, hoping they won't bully her. However, as she walked from the room to the canteen, the people from a while ago still glared at her. You know, disadvantages of being a smart girl.

She ate with Kris, Henry and Amber. There was awkward silence, so she decided to start a conversation.

"So, Amber, Henry, where are you from?"

"I'm from Los Angeles but my parents are from China. We just moved here a year ago."

"Well, I'm from Ontario. But I'm Chinese, too."

She was just conversing with them until somebody poured juice on her. Kris was angered by this, so he glares at the girl who just poured juice on her. The girl smirks and winks at Kris.

"What's wrong with you?" Mulan shouts at the girl. The girl is pretty, yet her attitude is disgusting.

"Oh, the girl who just thinks she's smarter than me. You can't take my place. And you're hanging out with Krissy? I know him better than you do. You're hanging out with Amber-loser and Henry-stupid? You must be kidding me."

Amber clenched her fists, angered by what she just said. Henry glares at her, which Mulan finds strange since Henry has an angelic face.

"Stay away from us, Jessica!" Kris shouts at his ex-girlfriend.

"You can't take my place. You keep that in mind." Jessica says, walking away with a smirk on her face.

Mulan lost her appetite. It was her first time being bullied. She was a respected person back in China. 

"Who's that?" she asks Kris. 

"She's my ex. She cheated on me, and now, she wants me back. She's a former straight A student.Now she always fails but she still claims she's smart."

She turns to look at Jessica, surprised to see her glaring at her.

I hope it's just one person, she thinks as she walks away along with Amber, Kris and Henry. 

She's terribly wrong. She just saw those people glaring at her, they just bumped into her intentionally. She doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings so she just let those people pass by. 

"Aren't you gonna do something about it?'' says Henry, looking worried.

"Nah."

Maybe she should start defending herself, although not used to it. 

"If only have powers.." she says, followed by a scoff.

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I made Jessica an antagonist. Sorry for the short update. :(