Chapter 1-New Girl

Electric Shock meets the Dragon

Mulan bids goodbye to her friends and some relatives, keeping in her mind that she might not be able to see them again. They go to the airport, and ride a plane bound for Vancouver.

Mulan and her mom arrive in Vancouver safely, after several hours of travel. As they arrive in her father's residence, a tall guy, probably a new neighbor about her age, walks up to them and helps Mulan carry their luggage.

"Let me help you with that"

"Thanks"

"What's your name?" the tall guy asks, smiling at the 16-year old newbie.

"I'm Mulan." she smiles.

"Like the one from the Disney movie?" 

"Yeah. And you are?"

"I'm Kris."

"I'm from Beijing."

"Oh, I'm from Guanzhou!"

Mulan sees her father smiling at them, then sings "Mulan has a boyfriend"

"Dad!" she says as she runs up to him and hugs him. "He's hot, dad." she whispers in his ear.

"Hey Kris, Mulan just said you're-----"

"No! I didn't say anything." she blushes, quite embarassed.

"I better keep going. Nice meeting you, Mulan." Kris offers his hand and she shakes it.

"Nice meeting you too." 

Since it's Saturday morning, she rests in her room, and decided to surf the internet later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Monday morning. Since the school is walking distance from their house, she walks with Kris, who is now one of her schoolmates. She feels like she wants to live him alone, she's not comfortable with the topic he's bringing up.

"I have a height of 6''3, you know?"

"Dude. Let's stop talking about it. I'm roughly 4''10."

They both laugh as they enter the school building, and he teaches her the different rooms and hallways in school. The two part ways, wishing good luck on their studies.

As she enters her classroom with the schedule in her hand, she sees everybody gossiping. She feels kind of left out, since nobody talks to her until a tomboy-looking girl and a guy walk up to her. They must be Asians too.

"Hi, new here?" asks the tomboy

"Yeah."

"I'm Amber, and this is Henry.''

"I'm Mulan."

She's glad she met new people from the continent she just left. Now she has friends aside from Kris.