Chapter 3

The Contract Deal

CHAPTER 3: ARRANGED

 

My Mom kept on spouting non-sense during breakfast, she seems a bit enthusiastic about something. I opened up my closet and to my dismay I couldn't find anything to wear for this dinner we're having with the Kim's. I don't even want to go have dinner with them, I just want to lounge around the house and watch my favorite films.

"Jinhee" my Mom made a high-pitch sound.

I walked out of the room and saw my Mom holding a paperbag "I know you'd have troubles finding something to wear, so I already bought you something a long time ago. Here wear it.." she handed over the paper bag and I took it.

I peeked through the paper bag and it was a cute casual dress, I took it out from the bag and settled down the dress on my bed, then I went to the bathroom to do my shower routine and whatnot.

The dress my Mom bought me fitted perfectly, I grabbed my favorite ballet flats and wore it.

"Took you a while." my brother retorted, I glared at him. 

We got inside the car and my Dad drove to the Kim's house, which is about a twenty minute drive. My brother was using his phone and was so immersed into it and I couldn't help but snatch it away from him and I stuck my tongue out at him. He groaned and tried getting the phone back from me, but failed to do so.

"Settle down kids. We're almost there." my Mom said.

I giggled and gave the phone back to my brother before he even throws a fit.

"I'm so excited to see Hyung." Jingoo said.

My shoulders deflated since I don't even want to see Kai at all.. This is the weekend, who wants to see someone outside school. We entered the subdivision where the Kim's live. It's a mansion, I'm telling you. Just like ours. 

When I got out of the car I was immediately enveloped into a tight hug, it was Mrs. Kim. She smiled widely at my appearance and she examined me from head to toe "Hee-ah, I miss you." she calls me Hee instead of my full name. Mrs. Kim is a nice woman, really nice. She's like my second mother. I don't even know where Kai got his personality from, his Dad is charming and sweet. Nothing like Kai.

I bowed respectfully at the elders "Anyeonghaseyo. It's good to finally see you again." I said too formally causing Mrs. Kim to hug me again.

"Aigoo you're so cute. Let's all go in." she said, making us follow her. We all obliged and we got inside the Kim's mansion.

When entering I saw a beautiful young lady, wearing a pink chiffon summer dress and her hair is tied into a ponytail. She saw us and she bowed lightly and greeted us with her charming smile "Hello, I'm Yoojung." she introduced herself.

I smiled at her and nodded "I'm Yeo Jinhee, nice to meet you." I held my hand out and she shook it. I'm guessing she's younger than me. But nontheless she's so cute and pretty. I looked at my brother Jingoo and he had his mouth agape, I went near him and shut his mouth "Excuse me, we're in someone's house.. Act like yourself." I whispered at him. 

"Yah!" he whined and slapped my arms playfully.

Yoojung saw us and she chuckled "You guys are so playful." she commented. I just nodded and she kept staring at my brother, oh dear.

 

Dinner was served and I looked around and Kai isn't present. I did a mini dance mentally, but that all dissapeared when his figure came in and my smiling lips turned upside down. He saw me and he winked at me.

"I'm glad you're here Jongin-ah, come and sit beside Jinhee." his Mom said, Kai followed and sat beside me. He elbowed me and I glared at him and elbowed him back, but harder. He groaned and he muttered some swears that no one heard except me.

"Since you guys are all here, we have an announcement to make." the elders said. 

I chewed my food while giving my whole attention to the elders, they were smiling brightly to me and they turned to Kai smiling at them too. I had my eyebrows raised now since I smell something fishy, and no it's not the salmon that's in front of us but there's something that they're planning.

"You guys are engaged!" they announced, I swallowed my food and my eyes bulged out looking at them. Kai who was beside me dropped his chopsticks.

"No way!" I said.

"No freaking way am I going to get married to this guy." I said pointing to Kai.

He glared at me "Excuse me, you're not my type too so I don't want to get married... Not to you..." he said with arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes, both of our parents were looking at us

"You kids already act as if you're married." they said.

"MWO?" Kai and I said in unison.

They chuckled "This is our choice, our families has been together for a very long time. Maybe even decades and we just want the bond of our family to get closer so us elders decided to have the both of you get married to one another."

"No." I said in a firm voice.

My parents looked at me as if they're queing me to stop with my attitude "Why marry us off? Don't you guys even think about our feelings? You want us to be bonded, be bonded with someone who we don't even like." 

"It's not like that Jinhee. That's why you'll get to know one another, you guys have one month." my Mom answered.

I shook my head vigorously "No no no..." I said for the nth time.

"This is also a good idea since the two of you has never been in a relationship. Never ever ever.."

I stared at them "Do you think we're some type of experiment that you can work with, this isn't psychology." I retorted.

"Please Jinhee don't be hard headed, we already planned this a long time ago. If you don't accept this marriage you won't get your inheritance." they blackmailed me. I gaped at them.

Kai was about to speak when he got cut off by his parents "And you." Mrs. Kim pointed to Kai.

"I'll take away all your cars, credit card and you won't be able to see your friends." she blackmailed him also.

The two of us gaped at the elders and they left the dining, so did Jingoo and Yoojung. I was sitting there alone with Kai beside me, only our breathing were heard.

"This is your fault." he accused me, I had my attention to him and I smacked him on his shoulder. His broad shoulder, ouch my hand hurts. Kai just chuckled.

"Don't accuse me of such thing, I don't know anything about this whole marriage. And me marrying you? Oh my god." I said the last part in english.

Kai smirked "I know you're dying to get married by me. I know it so well that you're just acting that you hate me but deep inside you have feelings for me."

I was gaping at him, annoyed at what he just said "Yah!!! I don't have a crush on you... Jerk." I told him.

There was silence in the air. No one was speaking, not even a huff or a puff. I elbowed Kai and he flinched.

"What?" he half-shouted.

If I want my inheritance I need to marry him and if he wants to have his car and everything he has to marry me. I made my decision. I gulped and spoke "Let's get married." I said boldly with my left eye twitching, meaning that there's no feeling to what I just said.

Whenever my eyes twitch it means I'm lying or I'm speaking non-sense or I don't mean what I said.

"I knew it, you're probably happy that you're marrying me eh?" he teased.

I glared at him "I'm just doing you a favor and also me. I want my inheritance and you probably want to have your cars, credit card and your friends. So the only way for us to get those things is if we get married."

His lips were purred and nodded "Arasso. Marry me." he said.

At that moment my heart started to beat fast, when he said those words it seems so real, so sincere. Then his eyes twitched and laughed loudly.

"Hahahaha! You should've seen your face. Stop hiding Jinhee-ah, I know you love me." he teased.

I stood up and left him in the dining.


I already updated when it's supposed to be on sunday.. I was just really itching to update.. hope you guys enjoy, i know this type of story is so cliche but let's face it we still read this type of story otherwise even if they're all the same.. lol.. and please do comment and tell me what you guys think... luv ya lots.. xoxo