Chapter 4

Singing To The Moon


Kyuhyun walked towards his apartment the sound of the piano echoed through the halls. I wonder how she is... Kyuhyun thought as he stared at the beaded bracelet on his wrist. I hope she is alright.

 


 

Flashback:


Kyuhyun peered through the window of one of the practice rooms at the music studio. She's so good at piano. The girl stood up and walked over to the boy. "If you want to listen come inside. Staring at me from afar is really scary." She said opening the door.

"Your piano playing is the best in the world!" the young Kyuhyun exclaimed. The girl laughed and shook her head. "No, I have a lot of practicing to do."

 "No, I wish I could be as good as you. You have the best voice that I've ever heard. Can you sing a song for me?" He asked. "Sure. I'll play my favorite song for you." She answered. Kyuhyun's eyes lit up as she began to sing.

When our lives become difficult
When time passes
Even when our past starts to fade

The piano flowed perfectly with her voice and Kyuhyun began to fall in love, as much as any 10 year old could love a girl. The song lifted Kyuhyun up and he felt like he was flying.

I love you, I love you
I will be your memory

"One day I will sing as well as you do and we will perform together!" Kyuhyun declared after she finished her song. "Since I'm older than you, you have to keep that promise okay?" Kyuhyun persisted as he held out his pinky finger.

"Okay." The girl smiled as they linked pinkies. "Does this mean that we can be friends?" She asked eagerly. "Of course! I have another friend that you can meet too. Her name is Nana." The girl light up. "Wow, two friends! I can't believe this!"

Kyuhyun smiled. "Nana plays violin really well! Let's all perform together one day!" The girl nodded in reply. "By the way, what is your name?" He asked holding out his hand. "I'm Kyuhyun." "My name is Hyojung." She said as she shook his hand. "Kim Hyojung."

 


 

"Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun!" Sungmin exclaimed as he stared at the maknae worriedly. "What were you thinking about so intently. I've been trying to get for attention for forever." "Sorry" Kyuhyun replied with a nervous smile. "You're thinking about your first love again aren't you. Nana won't be very happy about that." Kyuhyun shot a glare at him. "Don't bring her up." "I'm sorry, I forgot that you guys broke up." Sungmin apologized. "It's okay, she is still someone that I owe a lot to. She has always been there for me. We're good friends.." Kyuhyun responded.

"What would you do if you met your first love?" Sungmin asked. "I would kneel down and ask for forgiveness." Kyuhyun sighed. "She is someone who I don't deserve to call my first love. I like listening to the person who sings outside, because her voice sounds just like Hyojung's."

At that moment Kyuhyun's phone vibrated. "Speaking of Nana, look who just texted me." Kyuhyun smirked as he looked at his phone.

From Nana
To Kyuhyun

Oppa what happened to you, I've been calling you all day and some girl answered. :/

Kyuhyun smiled as he responded.

Kim Nana, are you jealous?

He looked at his phone again and saw that Nana had responded.

Not at all! Don't forget that you have to pick me up from the airport tomorrow after your Radio Star recording!

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that recording. I haven't even looked at the script!

Kyuhyun walked towards his bed and picked up the script that was left on his pillow. Divas of Korea with guest Bada, Kim Wa Sun, and HYORIN??!

"Not again." Kyuhyun whined as Hyorin's words echoed in his head. 'Let's not meet again. Not even by coincidence.'

 



"Wow Hyorin, I can't believe that you actually came on Radio Star." Kim Gura said smiling. "Well if you invitied me of course I have to go Gura oppa." Hyorin beamed. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Gura oppa? He's a lifetime older than her and she calls him oppa, but she calls me yah...

The recording was reaching the end and Kyuhyun looked at his watch to check the time. Nana should be getting off soon. This should hurry up so that I can leave.

"Hyorin I believe that you are closing our recording with a song?" Gura said and he looked towards Hyorin. "Yes I will be singing my favorite song for you guys." Hyorin smiled as she sat down behind the piano.

Kyuhyun's phone began to vibrate. She's off the plane. He looked towards Gura who mouthed "It's okay you can leave early." Kyuhyun nodded and put his phone toward his mouth. "I'm coming n--" Kyuhyun dropped his phone, when Hyorin started to sing.

When our lives become difficult
When time passes
Even when our past starts to fade

I love you, I love you
I will be your memory

Kyuhyun picked up his phone and backed up towards the door in disbelief. Hyorin is Hyojung. Hyorin is my mystery voice?! 

Tears began to sting in his eyes.

I'm sorry that I was only able to find you now Hyojung-ah. I'm glad that you were able to become a star, even without me beside you. I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to protect you.

 


The lyrics are from Light Sleep by J Rabbit.

Sorry it took a while for me to update. I was trying to figure out what direction I wanted to take with this story.  Thank you for reading and commenting!

Thank you Duday07 for making the cover for my story! Check out her stories!!!!