Father Dearest is a Runaway

The Primes

Chapter 2- Father Dearest is a Runaway

 

Previously: Slowly we both pushed the doors open and on the other side, stood 6 men..............in white suits.

 

Now:

The men were scattered out through the room doing there own things, but there was one man I particular that had an air of power. The main looked about a few years older than Ari and I, as he sat in a large wooden desk with papers scattered around. Next to him stood Zelo and Daehyun, the two men who brought us here. Looking closely, Zelo didn't look much older than us and Daehyun only looked about 20, were both standing quietly next to the leader looking guy as Daehyun looked as if he was informing him about something. The other there men stared at us intently as we stood in the large doorway. "Yongguk! We can't keep letting the Brothers and Blood Familes get any bigger! They are growing too fast, we should send Zelo with a few guys from the north region to remind them who is in charge.", a man yelled with his back to us. It looked as if they were arguing about something. When some of the other men in the room saw us open the door, the man turned and snarled when he saw us. 'Dang man are you mad or no? Cause I know I don't stink, get that look off your face.'

"What are two you doing up here? This area is restricted to employees.", he said aggressively. "Jongup! Sit down!", the boss guy said his face drowning in indifference as he continued doing work.

"But Yongguk!", the man, Jongup complained. The boss man stopped what he was doing and looked up seeming to cause the room to stop as he looked at Jongup.

"Jongup sit down when your brute force is needed I'll let you know." Jongup puffed up before walking back to his original seat in the penthouse office.

"OHH he got shut down.", Ari and I both muttered to ourselves as we fought to keep our chuckles down. "What are you two smiling about?", Zelo asked as he looked down at us. We both jumped back not realizing he moved. "Oh my sweet lord have mercy!", I exclaimed holding my chest.

"I'm too young to have a heart attack! Can you not?!", Ari added. "They are weird.", another man commented while another nodded. "Who are they?", Jongup asked.

"Everybody be quiet.", the boss said calmly but sternly while messaging the bridge of his nose. The room went silent as we all waited for his next words.

"Which one of you is Jazmyn James?", he asked. I stepped forward confidently knowing that nothing could be helped about the situation so there was no need in fighting it.

"Where is your father?", he asked coolly as he looked me up and down as if calculating whether or not I will tell the truth.

"I don't know." "What do you mean, you don't know?", another man asked standing up from his spot on the couch.

"Youngjae! Did I ask for your input? No? Then shut up or get out!", Yongguk growled out. My eyes went wide as his deep voice boomed through the room. I looked over at Ari as she mouthed word, 'It's about to go down.' The Youngjae guy huffed before storming out.

"Were we interrupting something important cause it seems like you guys need sometime to talk about it.", I said as we began to back up toward the door.

"Zelo, could you please.", he said nonchalantly with a wave of his hand. Swiftly Zelo was behind us closing the door slightly pushing us toward the leather couch that stood by large floor to ceiling windows. Silently he pushed us onto the couch as Yongguk got up from his desk and sat in a dark brown leather arm chair.

"Just disrespectful. I can walk, like damn.", I mumbled.

"Now that I have your attention, I'm Bang Yongguk, and do you know what I do, little girls?" I looked at him silently, making a slight motion with my head as if to tell him, ' I don't know, you tell me.' He let out a sigh as he chuckled, "I am the head of B.A.P the most powerful gang in Korea, and do you know why you are here?"

"Because my dad owes you money.", I said cursing my dad silently for being so selfishly irresponsible.

"Oh yes, you catch on fast.", he said with a smirk as he sat back in his chair.

"Okay so how do I pay this off? How much is it?", I asked, not trying to waste my time.

"Daehyun.", he called to the younger man who came quickly with a black notebook.

"Your father, had a little bit of a gambling problem. Even before you and your family moved to Seoul he had some unsettled debt with a group in the States. In which he also ran away from. When he came here he asked for a loan to pay off that debt and we gave it to him, but Mr. James only added onto his debt by involving himself in his old way. So added all up, plus interest.....", he looked down at the open notepad and calculated everything into a calculator. "800,000 US dollars.", he said nonchalantly as he closed the black notepad.

"WHAT?!?", Ari and I yelled in shock. I knew My eyes were bunging so far out of my head that I thought they might pop out. 'Lord, really! Really! Why couldn't you have just told my father to borrow from a normal loan shark. But NOOO my dad just has to be special and get me killed. I've had a good run! Good bye world!', i could feel my soul start to float in the air, separating itself from this cruel reality.

"What do you mean 800,000! That's ridiculous! How am I supposed to get all that money?", I yelled freaking out. "Well,", Youngguk started with a smirk and cold eyes.

"You two will have to work for me. That's the most efficient way to make sure I get my money repaid."

"Exactly how long will that take?" "Hmm... about a year, at the least." 'Yep I'm done. Just shoot me now lord! PLEASE!!'

"Doing what?", Ari asked cautiously. He sat back in his chair as Daehyun came up to us with a slight smirk on his face. "Come with me please."

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

 

"Nope I refuse to do that. Nope nope nope.", Ari said shaking her head as we stood staring at the men's bathroom.

"We have to. We just have to work here cleaning for a year and he will even let us keep the house. I would rather do this for a year then get shot by Big Bird.", I said as I sprayed the mirror and began to clean.

"Ughh! Whatever.", she complained before starting to clean too. All night, we helped clean the building. All night, I scrubbed floors, walls, mirror, bathrooms and god knows what else. I refuse to clean anymore.

"Are you two done, yet?" I looked up and saw Kim Himchan, the director aka our supervisor. "Yes Mr. Kim.", we said in unison.

"Very good, you may go now. Tomorrow be here at 1:00pm to clean during lunch time.", with that brief message he left. I puffed and looked at my phone to check the time and it was 3am.

"This is going to be a long year I swear.", I groaned. "Who are you telling!", Ari added. We walked outside and started walking toward the nearest bus stop when it dawned on me that the buses didn't run at this time.

"AISH! This is just great!", I yelled. "Oh language, you shouldn't talk like that it doesn't suit a young lady like yourself." We both turned around to see Daehyun and Zelo standing by a black Lexus. I rolled my eyes,"Is there something you need help with or can we go home now?", Ari said with a hand one her hip ready for him to say something he would regret. I could tell she didn't really like him.

"Oh no need to get mad now.",Zelo  said lifting his hands up in surrender.

"Me and my quiet friend here just noticed that you two needed a ride home but if you don't want it go head and enjoy walking.", Daehyun stated with a shrug before moving to get in his car.

"Hold up! Wait!", I yelled knowing I wasn't about to walk all the way home. Plus I didn't know the way home, I'm not Hansel or Gretel I didn't think to drop any bread crumbs. "Yes.", Daehyun answered with a knowing smirk. I sighed in defeat,"We need a ride." "I thought so.", he smirked before getting into the drivers seat of the car. I huffed and grabbed Ari's wrist to drag her into the sleek car. We quietly sat in the car as Daehyun drove and Zelo sat alert looking out of the window with a cool expression. The atmosphere was weird but I didn't care to much so I fell asleep.

=======>======>=======>

 

I was trapped. Trapped in a room where three men stood with their faces covered by black robes. Each man had their hand out as if wanting me to give them something. But one of them started to motion for me to follow him. I sensed something dangerous coming from him but I could feel something more towards the figure that I couldn't understand. Slowly I walked toward him and took his hand cautiously. He tightly grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, then the room seemed to explode and the other two robed figures disappeared leaving only the black fabric behind. The man holding my hand pulled me even closer as the dark dungeon started to melt away around us. He slowly let go of me, I began to fall deeper into nothing ness, as he began to pull away his black hood.

"Jazzy. Jazzy. Jazmyn!"

======>=======>=======>

I woke up to Daehyun right my face trying to wake me up.

"Umm I'm going to need you to get back.", I said trying to move my face farther from him. "See you woke up finally. Took me forever. We couldn't even get your friend over there up.", he said gesturing over to Ari who was in Zelo's arms as he carried her out of the car.

"The hell? Whatever, just help me out real quick." I tried to push myself up out the car and Daehyun grabbed my forearm to help.

"Thanks."

"No problem.", he said still holding my arm. I reclaimed my limb before walking in to the house with a sleeping Ari behind me. "You can set her down in here.", I said pointing to Ari's bed. He nodded and laid her down.

"Thanks for getting her."

"No it's fine. We'll see you two tomorrow.", Zelo said before walking out.

'Why is he being so nice?', I thought before locking the front door and going back to my room. I fell onto my bed almost passing out right when my head hit the pillow. We have to do that again in the morning, I thought with a sigh.

"This is going to be a long year.", I said to myself before drifting into a dreamless sleep.