White Suits

The Primes
Chapter 1- White Suits
 
The school bell shrilled signaling my release from this six hour abyss that is called school. 
 
Quickly I packed up my books, before the teacher could try and keep us after to talk about senior registration.
 
"Have a good spring break!", the teacher called out the door as I practically dashed out of the room. 
 
"That woman likes to talk too much.", I said shaking my head as I leaned against the wall by my locker. 
 
"Jazzy!!"
 
I turn around to face my out of breath best friend, Ari as she leaned on the locker beside me.
 
"Why were you running? I kept calling your name, how did you not here me?", she scolded.
 
"Hey, I was trying to get out of here you know I don't like the school uniform, it's a break and I need to change.", I said throwing an arm over her shoulder.
 
"We only have a few more months in high school, then the world shall be ours.", I declared.
 
"Yes,yes, ms Dictator. You are going to take over all of Korea with a high school diploma.", Ari countered rolling her eyes as we walked out the doors of the school.
 
"Chick Don't kill my vibe!"
 
"Oh hush! We have to go before your mom gets mad that we are late. AGAIN!", she yelled as she ran to the bus stop. 
 
"AISH! Your right!", I said joining her running as the bus pulled up to the stop. Before we got there the doors closed and started to drive away.
 
"No! NOT AGAIN!", I exclaimed.
 
"Keep running!", she called behind her.
We eventually caught up with the bus and started banging on the metal shell of the vehicle. The bus eventually stopped and Ari and I quickly got on, paying the fee. We both collapsed in the booth as the bus driver laughed at us, like he did everytime we almost miss the bus.
 
Ari and I have been best friends since 7th grade. We are both from the U.S and when my parents announced that we were moving to Korea, we both cried and were heartbroken. We even talked about me running away and stay at her house while my parents got on the plane. Or her sneaking into my suitcase. It got to a point when we even asked if she could move with us. Eventually, after long grueling weeks of convincing our parents, they decided that she could come with us. 
 
So for the last three years we have lived in South Korea going to Yongsan High school. When the bus finally arrived at our stop we walked off and headed to our house. 
 
I opened the door to see my mom cooking in the kitchen while my dad sat at the coffee table covered in papers. 
 
"We're home!", we called to get their attention.
 
My dad looked up at us with tired eyes but smiled anyways, "Hey girls! How was school?"
 
"Ehhh,", I started
 
"It was alright.", Ari finished as we started to head up stairs. Quickly we changed and chilled in my room while watching MTV-K. 
 
"What in the world are they doing?", I said laughing as the boy idol group ran around the park in princess gowns. 
 
"I don't even know!", Ari said laughing with me as we sat around in sweatpants on my floor. Inturpting our laughter came my mom. She looked as of she had just finished crying, her shoulders were hunched over and she looked defeated. 
 
"It's time for dinner.", she called trying to feign cheerfulness but failed.
 
"Mom are you okay?", I asked as we walked downstairs ready to eat. 
 
"I'm fine! I'm fine. It's nothing you need to be worrying about right now.", she tried to reassure me. I just shook my head, trying to shake off the fear in her eyes while eating. 
 
Dinner was quiet.
Quiet and very anxious. The anxiety on the room was so much that is seemed as if I could taste it. Every time Ari or would try and start a conversation, the replies were sparse. Eventually I stopped trying, the constant eyes watching for something. Something that they feared, causing them to act so unusual. 
 
"Hey Jazzy, what should we do tomorrow for the first day of break?", Ari asked. I thought for a second shoving a spoonful of rice in my mouth, "Oooooh! We should go to the amusement park!!", I exclaimed almost spitting the rice all over the table. 
 
"JAZMYN!! Cover your mouth!", my mother scolded looking ready to pop me upside my head for my lack of manners.
 
"Yeah bruh! Fix yourself! Your DNA almost completely contaminated my food and you would have had to buy me some more food!", Ari complained as she covered her food up with her arms. I stuck my tongue out, pretending to spit yet again, causing Ari to freak out. I swallowed my food and through my head back in laughter.
 
"You my friend, are too easy to fool.", I said in my Godfather voice. 
 
"And you my friend, are a mess.", she countered in a Scareface voice. We both laughed, even my unusually nervous parents chuckled. For the rest of dinner, it was more relaxed after that. My parents lightened up and joked around with us. After dinner Ari and I cleaned up the kitchen then headed back up the stairs to get ready for bed. 
 
It was 11 o'clock when the banging started. It shocked me out of my sleep as it practically rumbled the house. After about 10 minutes the banging stopped and the soft mumbling of voices began. Quietly, I crept down the hallway until I could see my father standing at the front door with two men in suits. I hid in the dark as I strained to listen in on their hushed conversation.
 
"So Mr. James, do you mean to tell me and my partner here that you don't have the bosses money?", the shorter of the two men said with a dark type of charisma in his voice. 
 
"No, no I have have the money but I won't have it until tomorrow evening.", my father said in a shaky voice as he held tight to the door for support. 
 
'What money?', I thought to myself.
The second I did, the taller males eyes found my hiding spot as if he could hear my thoughts. He had blond hair swooped back as he stood stoically behind the shorter older looking man. 
He whispered something to the other man causing him to smirk, "Mr. James, if we don't have the money, with interest, by tomorrow.....well....", he stopped looking up into my hiding stop staring right at me. "We will collect using different terms. Have a good day, sir.", with that the both bowed politely and left. My dad slowly closed the door and walked back into the kitchen where my mother was most likely sitting.
 
The silence of the night was shattered by a plate breaking with the muffled sobs of my mother.
 
"This is your fault!!", she screamed as more plates broke.
 
"Honey don't worry and Daehyun he's just all talk so please don't cry.", my father said trying to ease her but she cried even more. 
 
"It's fine! I have a solution so don't worry about it, okay?"
I heard their footsteps getting closer so I quickly ran back to my room.
I replayed the previous events in my head remembering the calculated, dangerous way both men held themselves. I shivered remembering how they looked at me like I was prey in a lions den. 
Reluctantly, I forced myself to sleep even though I was nervous and I didn't know why. 
 
The next day, Ari and I woke up around 10 o'clock to go to the amusement park. My parents didn't seem to be up yet so we just made breakfast and headed out. When we got there it wasn't crowded and we got on all of the rides multiple times making noise and eating junk food until 8 at night. We walked home after getting off the bus laughing loudly singing beyonce songs like drunken idiots. 
 
"AND WE BE ALL NIGHT! Ahhhhh!", we yelled causing people to look at us as if we belonged in a mental asylum. 
Still laughing we walked up to my house, not realizing that it was dark and seemed vacant. 
 
"We're HOME!", we called as we took our shoes off. There was no answer in the dark house. My mood slowly went down hill as I realized that nobody was home. 
 
"I guess they went out or something.", I said shrugging as we walked to the kitchen.
 
"Yeah they probably did.", Ari said as she the lights to the kitchen while we walked in.
 
"Hello ladies.", a deep voice said from behind us.
 
"WHAT THE F---!!!", we both yelled jumping back but stopped mid sentence when a tall, clean cut man towered above us. 
 
"Tsk tsk tsk!, young, beautiful, Forgien ladies such as yourselves shouldn't be using such language.", the shorter man said commented standing up from his casual spot on my bar stool. 
 
"I really don't care. Are you going to tell us who you are or are we going to have to call the cops?", Ari said her eyebrows raised, Waiting for them to make a move.
 
He raised his hands up in surrender with a chuckle, "No need to hostile, we come in peace....for the most part. I'm Daehyun and this is my friend Zelo.", they both bowed politely. 
 
My eyes went wide as I realized who there were. 
 
"And you are here because?", I irked on trying to figure out what was really going on. 
 
"Your father didn't tell you?"
 
I shook my head while he smirked, "Well isn't that interesting, Zelo?", 
 
"Yes it is.", Zelo said with the smirk of a lion as he stared at us like prey.
 
"Tell us what?", we both said looking at both men with nervous eyes. 
 
"Your father is a good man, but he seems to have a bit of a gambling problem. He losses a lot, and then borrows a lot. Because of this he owes my....company to money, but it seems like him and his wife have left the country, without you."
 
I completely froze and started shaking with the fear that what he was saying might be true.
 
"You're lying! They wouldn't leave us like that!", Ari yelled at Daehyun.
 
"Oh they would because they have, 'Girls, something has come up and your mother and I had to leave. Stay safe and I'll call you soon. Love dad.'
Oh how touching."
 
"Shut up!", I yelled and I looked at him with calculating eyes causing him to grin.
 
"YongGuk is going to like these two.", he whispered over to Zelo who nodded in agreement.
 
"Well, let's go. You two have to meet the boss.", Zelo said grabbing us both by our arms as he dragged us both to a black car.
 
"Excuse me, big bird! Where are you taking us?", Ari yelled up at Zelo who was a 6"2 giant compared to her 5"8 self.
 
"Big bird? What?", I chuckled alittle bit trying to remember the not so good predicament we were currently in.
 
"Since your father isn't here you two must pay the debt. Meaning you have to see the boss to figure out how that will do seeing you two have no money.", he answered as continued to drag us to the car.
 
"If that's the case, then let go of my arm, I can walk perfectly fine.", I said yanking my arm out of his grip headed toward the car and got in.
 
"That was easy.", Daehyun said getting in as well.
 
"Are you getting in or will i have to toss you in?", Zelo asked Ari as she continued to stand there.
 
"Well mr. Impatient, I'm going"
 
Ari and zelo both got in and Daehyun drove off. The whole ride, I was anxious, depressed, and nervous at the same time.
'Why would my parents leave us like that?'
 
'Who are these people anyways?'
 
'Who is their boss?'
 
'What has my father done?'
One question that I couldn't let got unanswered," how much does my father owe you guys?", I asked.
 
Both men laughed but only Daehyun answered, "You will find out how much when you meet the boss."
 
The car soon came to a stop in front a giant glass building. We all got out and Ari and I clung to each other because we were each other's support. We had to be.
 
We walked down the bustling hallways of the business building. All four of us got onto the elevator and Daehyun pressed the button for the top floor.
 
With Zelo's forceful 'encouragement', we walked down a dimly lit hall, where a large dark brown wood double doors stood.
 
"This is YongGuk's office, he's expecting you both.", Deahyun said before walking in himself with Zelo.
 
"I don't want to do this.", I said preparing to keep my face hard and cold.
 
"But we have no choice.", Ari said with a sigh, preparing to do the same.  Slowly we both pushed the doors open and on the other side, stood 6 men..............in white suits.