Chapter 2

GONE

AT DOCTOR WU’S CLINIC

“Xiumin-sshi! It’s been a while,” he reached out his hand and Xiumin happily shook them back. “Yes, it’s been a while, Doc. How you’re doing?” A small laugh escaped from Doctor Wu’s lips. “I assume that it should be me, the one who’s asking about that?” he joked. Xiumin himself can’t restrain his own laugh. Doctor Wu contently smiled by the scene. Xiumin was talking about something while he let his mind wandering.

He can’t believe that Xiumin managed to breathe till now. It’s already been 18 years… he thought. He is indeed a strong-willed guy. He managed to fight those pains and survive. How I wish I don’t need to crash his life!

“-Doc, it seems like my chest pain is decreasing these past few days. But my nose, they were bleeding almost frequently. I thought that it’s due to the weather. It’s getting chillier isn’t it?” The Young Master jolts his brows in confusion when Doctor Wu just stared at him. He noticed that from the time he start talking, Doctor Wu doesn’t seem to hear any of them. His soul were somewhere else… he pin point.

Xiumin waved his hands, “Doctor Wu~” he summoned. No response. And again, “Doctor WU~” he snapped his fingers for a few times. And that’s when Doctor Wu seems to regain his ‘conscious’ back. He sheepishly bowed his head down and cleared his throat awkwardly, “I’m sorry, Xiumin-sshi. I was ‘lost’ somewhere just now. Urm… please, continue with your chats.”

Doctor Wu reached for a cream file, with Xiumin’s full name printed on them in bold. The young man grinned, “It’s alright, Doc. Well, like I was saying. My chest pain lessened, but my nose…”

“What’s wrong with your nose?” Doctor Wu cut in. Worries lace in his tone. His heart beat increased, No! It can’t progress that fast. We just find about it last week!

“They were bleeding… and very frequently too.” Xiumin shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Doctor Wu’s gaze was very intense. Too intense that made him afraid that it would engulf him into a bigger fear. A revelation of something that was unwanted! He stated in his mind.

The old doctor sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. To send away the migraine that was pooling and ‘bout to attack. “Is it something bad, Doc?” he croaked nervously. Another deep sigh came out. “I’m afraid it is, Xiumin-sshi,” he got up and walked slowly towards his files room and came back again with a green file this time.

“Whose file is that? It’s pretty thick.”

“It’s yours. Sorry to say Xiumin-sshi. Seems like we’ve found… hm. How should I explain it to you…?” The doctor sighed and tousles his hair before sighing again.

Xiumin on the other hand was extremely anxious. He knew that by Doctor’s Wu expression and body language. It’s a very serious matter. Relax, Xiumin. You’re prepared enough. I know you’re prepared enough. He held his chest and calmed his thumping heart. I know you can survive!

“Tell me, doc.” Doctor Wu turned his gaze onto Xiumin. Shock and confusion painted on his expression. “Tell me EVERYTHING! I’m okay with it. I can take it…” he whispered the last part slowly. As if he’s talking to himself.

The shock man, regained his composure back and flipped open the thick file. Till a certain pages, he stop and shoved the file slowly towards Xiumin. The nervous young man took the file and start reading, “From the blood test we managed three days ago… we found some suspicious cell in it… we carried out other test… it turned out to be…” Xiumin turned his head towards the doctor, calmly.

Too calm that Doctor Wu, himself, can’t bear to look at him. “Y-yes, Xiumin-sshi. We’ve carried out the test for five times and the result’s still positive,” Xiumin sighed. “Xiumin-sshi, we actually had been expecting this thing to happen. So, if you’re agreeing with our suggestion, maybe we should start the che-“

“Why am I so unlucky?” he whispered. Doctor Wu halts down his words. “I’m sorry, but I can’t clearly hear you,”

“I said why I am so unlucky? Why was I being born in this condition? In this weak and pathetic condition? Why my father’s always abandon me? Why I don’t have any relative came to see me since I’m born? Why I don’t have any friends? Why! Just… why?”Xiumin paused and in deep breath before continued, “And now, why? Why is this leukemia illness? Why doc?” his voice cracked, but no tears formed. He’s just too tired. He doesn’t think that any tears would flow, since he’s always bawl his heart and eyes out every night.

“I’m sorry, Xiumin-sshi. But there’s nothing could change this. Your life had been destined like this. Everything had already planned this way, and we, the one who living. We need to carry them out. Hence, that was the exact cycle anyways. And you need to remember, Xiumin-sshi. We, have our own cycles of living. Either on this world we’re living right now or the other world, which was waiting for us.

                Xiumin remained quite. He doesn’t know what to say or any expression need to be express with. Too many ‘what if’ and ‘why’ flooding his mind. Choking his breath, and stole his heartbeat. Despite those horrible thoughts and heavy weight that tugging his heart violently, he smiled.

A sad smile, which is the significant of his pitiful life. The only smile that he managed after living for 18 years. The 18 years full of pain, hatred, confusion, pity and a very small glimpse of warmth and happiness in his life. “I’m sorry, doc. I… well. I’m just too emotional just now. Please, don’t keep that in heart, will you?” Doctor Wu nodded solemnly and gave him the other trivial smile full of; Pity.

“So can we proceed with your explanation?” Doctor Wu cleared his throat, “Approximately, your life expanses, we assumed that it was for 3 to 5 months left.” Xiumin exhaled loudly. “But since your leukemia is progressing pretty fast. We can’t guarantee anything. And we’re deeply sorry for that.” Doctor Wu hated it when he needs to talk about this kind of things with his patients. But it’s part of his job after all. He can’t escape from it no matter what. It’s better to be loud and clear. Other than giving them false hopes and dreams. The dreams that they’ll let their selves drowned into and will end up in a great pain of reality! That’s Doctor Wu’s Principe and he never tracked off from them.

The response that he got from his patient is rather amusing for him. He’s laughing. Kim Minseok, or Xiumin is laughing after being told about his illness. How crazy is that? But the sick guy couldn’t care less. What’s the point of crying?  It’s better to look forward for what’s coming, right? He told himself. “I guess that’s all, doc?” he saw the doctor nod and he, himself, nodded along. “Well, thank you for today’s appointment. I shall see you again next week.” He got up and Doctor Wu got up too. They shook hands, briefly. Before Xiumin exited the clinic.

While on the ride, Tablo didn’t say anything. And Xiumin was pretty grateful about it. Also, Suho didn’t ask too many questions as always. He thank god for that. With the old photo beside him, he lulls himself to sleep, by his choked sobs.  

 

KIM’S D&G VILLA

“Master Jongdae, welcome back!” a sweet voice greeted. Jongdae snapped his head towards the voice, “Yixing?” “Yes, Master. It’s me. How’s your first day at class?” Yixing wrapped his hands around Jongdae’s arm securely before guiding him towards his bedroom. The other guy just let himself being uided away like a little lost lamb. “It’s great! I even got a homework today you know?”

They both reached towards Jongdae’s bedroom. The butler pushed the big door and led Jongdae to the bed. “What? It’s just your first day and your teacher had already gives you homework? That isn’t cool.” Jongdae can’t help but to laugh at that remark. “You wanna see them?” Yixing hummed in reply and Jongdae touch his bag pack. “First zip,” he moved his fingers upwards. “Second zip,” and he moved his fingers again, “Third zip!” he ped the third one and took out 3 sheets of papers and handed them to his butler. “Here you go!”

Yixing gladly accept them and began to scan the sheets. He himself knows how to play a piano. He’s very good at them. Until his family kicked him out from the house for an unknown reason. But Yixing was an optimistic guy. He was looking forward towards his new life. “Young Master! It isn’t in Braille. How you think you can play this?”

“I thought that Sir Luhan acknowledge that you’re short-sighted. Maybe I need to inform it back to him,” he was about to leave the bedroom before Jongdae stopped him. “No Yixing. Maybe he wants me to learn by myself,”

“Nonsense, Young Master! You can’t even trace anything on these sheets!” “Then, you teach me.” Jongdae cut in. Yixing was dumbstruck, “Master?” “You, Yixing, teach me. Play that piece for me, and I’ll try to memorize them. So tomorrow, Luhan seongsaenim could watch and listen to them.”  Groaning, Yixing sat on the piano stool and called Jongdae to join him.

“Listen to me carefully. After that I’ll guide your fingers. Got it?” Jongdae beamed, “Roger!” Like that, both of them spend the rest of that evening practicing the piece that Luhan had give to Jongdae as homework.

 

THE NEXT DAY; 3.15 P.M.

“Darn it, Tablo hyung! I’m late!” Xiumin cursed as he jumped into the back seat. His leather shoes were in his right hand while the other hand was holding his stockings. Tablo smirked and pulled out from the garage, “It’s your fault after all. Suho had been waking you up since 10 a.m.” The latter groaned, “Yeah, it’s MY fault! Now could you please hurry up? Luhan sonsaeng might kill me after this.” He’s still struggling with his stockings and that’s when Tablo decided to sped up the car and hitting the bumper. Sending Xiumin flying in the car and hurt his head. “OUCH! Hyung!”

Tablo grinned, “What? I thought you want me to be hurry?” he asked back innocently. Xiumin mumbled something under his breath. And Tablo knew that it was none other than the curse words.

They reached Luhan’s place around 3.45 p.m. The Mutant Deer will definitely choke me to death right now! He slings his bag onto his right shoulder. Trying hard to keep himself calm. He in deep breath and let them out. Then, Tablo opened the door for him. He came out and tried to walk as casual as he can. A small calm smile tugged on his cute lips.

He greeted Sehun as usual in front the gate. He whispered slowly towards Sehun, “I hope I’m not that late!” Sehun chuckled by his words. “No worries Master. I can guarantee you that!” he winked playfully. Xiumin was pretty confused by his words but nonetheless continue his small walks towards the house. His sensitive ears picked up the sound of piano keys being pressed. Is that Luhan? He halted his footsteps right in front the glass window. He clearly saw Luhan standing and walking back and forth. But he can’t saw the figure that currently playing the piano. He tried to tip toe, but to no avail, his plan failed. The disadvantages for short people. Cursed you my short height!

With that, Xiumin continued walking. Until he reached the entrance door. There’s another glass window installed beside the wooden chair. He took this opportunity to scan inside. Luhan was raging about something. He clearly Luhan yelled at the poor boy. Ah, the boy from yesterday!

Xiumin knew that Luhan was firing up since the other boy kept messing up with the notes. From his thoughts, that boy is playing the very same piece that he’s currently learning. And he kept pushing the wrong notes after another. Is this his first experience playing piano?

Xiumin’s trail of thoughts was interrupted by the loud whipping sound that came from Luhan’s cane. “Enough, Jondage!” Luhan shouted. The small guy jolted and turned his face away from Luhan. Although he can’t see, but he could imagine how his teacher’s face would be right now.

“Now, I want you to pull yourself together and practice that piece again. When I come back, I want to hear a perfect piece! Not the s you’re playing right now got it!” He nervously nods. Without sparing his second glance, Luhan got out from the room. Luhan slammed the heavy wooden door with all of his might and startling the living day out of Jongdae. The young guy accidentally pushed a saucer filled with 5 beads of herbal sweets.

He managed to caught the saucer and prevent it from crashed on the wooden tile. But some of them were messily splatter around his feet. Jongdae crouched down and tried to pick them up again. But it looks like he missed them just by an inch!

On the other hand, Minseok observed the crouching guy intently. Why’s he like that? The sweets are just beside him. Out of the blue pair of warm hand touched his shoulder. He turned around and saw Sehun smiling at him; like always. Xiumin grabbed his arm and pointed towards Jongdae who had managed to pick up the sweets and put them back into their original place.

“Sehun, what’s wrong with him? Is he blind?” Sehun hurriedly bring his index finger towards his lips, “Shuuh… Master Xiumin! It’s better to staying out from one’s business.” Xiumin stared at him; a judging stare. “What? I’m just asking you, whether he’s blind or not?” Sehun just sighed but nod his head in the end. Before leaving, he whispered to Xiumin, “His name is Jongdae. He’s very fragile, be careful!” The other boy gaped, “What?!”

But he then decided to ignore Sehun’s weirdness and helped the poor boy or Jongdae. He quietly went into the piano room and sat beside Jongdae. Jongdae seems to acknowledge his persistent, “WHO ARE YOU?! You’re not Luhan sonsaeng or Sehun!”

For a blind guy, he’s pretty amazing. How can he tell me that I’m another person? Xiumin awkwardly coughed, “Well, hello. I know it’s not nice to just sit around with people you don’t know. But I’m Xiumin!” he reached his hand out and gauchely draw them back again, since Jongdae didn’t do anything. “Ah… really? I thought that I was the only one student here. I’m Jongdae by the way. It’s nice to meet you. But may I know why you were here?”

“I saw Luhan songsaeng firing up at you just now. So I’m here to help! Listen, I’m going to play it first and then you’ll continue by yourself, okay?”

Jongdae nod, “Sure! Thanks a lot, Xiumin.” After a few moments, it seems like Jongdae finally could catch up with the rhythm. “Great! You’re a fast learner Jongdae!” Jongdae twirled his finger while his corner of lips twitched into a grateful smile. “Ah… it’s nothing. Thanks to you, I’d be able to play this piece.” Their chats were interrupted by faint footsteps.

“Oh my, Luhan’s here! I’ll be back. Just remember the notes you’ve practiced earlier!” Before Jongdae could say anything, the door was pushed open harshly. Jongdae’s fingers automatically moved on the piano. Luhan was pretty amazed when he saw Jongdae plays. He looked so calm. Pianos must have be a great thing for him.

The blind guy scented Luhan’s scent and grinned. “Sonsaeng-nim, am I improving?” Luhan smirked, “I’m pretty bewildered by this. Keep on playing till its last note. Then I’ll dismiss you.”

He then exited from the room. Xiumin who was hiding behind the piano was very pleased by Luhan’s words. It’s hard to even hear a thank you from that guy. But Jongdae got a compliment from him! This guy is something! He thought. After Xiumin was sure that Luhan had left them, he sat back again beside Jongdae.

“Xiumin?” Jongdae called. “What is it?” Xiumin answered back. Jongdae shook his head in embarrass manner, “N-nothing. I thought you’ve left.” The other one chuckled. “Hey, I’ve told you that I’ll be back. I’m a guy who keeps his words you know?” Jongdae can’t restrain his laugh from escaping. Xiumin stunned. His laugh is so, beautiful!

“Hahaha! Yeah, I guess I could trust you. Plus you had that great aura around you. I could sense that from the first time you walk in here!” Both of them burst into laughter and that’s when a thump suddenly attacked Xiumin’s chest. “AGHH!” he moaned.

Jongdae on the other hand was worried. He scrunched his brows in concern, “X-Xiumin! Are you alright?” Xiumin groaned in answer, “Y-yeah..” he slid out his medicine, uncapped them, and threw two pills down his throat. “Are you sure about it? You sounded like you’re in pain.”

The said guy tried his best to hide his shaking voice, “N-nothing. Seriously, Jongdae. I’m fine,” he reached out for the herbal sweets in front of him. “Say ahh~” Jongdae turned to him. “What are you doing?” Xiumin grinned, “Feeding you herbal sweets. Come on! Open your mouth please~” He wiggled the orange sweets cutely. As if Jongdae could see.

The blind guy was defeated. He reluctantly opens his mouth. Xiumin was smiling like an idiot while putting the sweet into Jongdae’s mouth. Accidentally, his index finger brushed against Jongdae’s upper lip. He slowly withdrew his finger. The fluffiness of Jongdae’s lip sends loads of feeling inside his chest. His aching heart had completely stabilized. Surge of electricity danced at the tip of his index finger while cages of butterflies had found its way inside his stomach. Fluttering their wings until Xiumin also could feel it. He felt giddy, excited, with all those weird tingling feeling that he had never experience. He felt lost?

Things are the same for the other side. Even though Jongdae’s world is black, but he still lives on depending on his senses of touch and hearing. When Xiumin’s finger brushed his lip it’s just like, something had tugged his heart. His head suddenly felt dizzy. Plus Xiumin’s scent of collagen and warmth didn’t helping AT ALL. He smells good. Like the laundry. Thanks to his weird thoughts, a chuckle escaped from his lips.

“What’s so funny Jongdae?” The said guy just shook his head, “Nothing.” Xiumin eyed him curiously. Suddenly Jongdae got up. “Well, I need to go now. My driver must be here already. See you tomorrow?”

Xiumin could sense the unsure tone in Jongdae’s voice. “Okay. See you tomorrow. Goodbye!” Jongdae then got up slowly. Reaching up for the music sheets in a cautious manner. In the meantime, Xiumin had turned into a living statue. He stared up at the other guy intently. He’s amazing! It must be hard on him. To live in the dark world, not knowing what exactly happening, even it’s just beside him. jongdae was now right in front the wooden door. Yet, he still felt the sensation of someone staring. He turns toward Xiumin and calmly smiled, “This is my world, Xiumin. It was destined to be black and dark. I’m used to it.” With that, the door pushed closed. Xiumin was taken aback, “Did he notice I’m staring?”

Jongdae leaned his back on the door. His legs was about to give up. It’s the first time he had ever talk to stranger THAT long and yet he felt comfortable with it. He placed his palm on to his heart. It’s beating very fast… what’s wrong with me? He shook his head multiple times and controls his breaths. That’s when his nose caught Sehun’s scent.

“Sehun-sshi? Is that you?” The butler cleared his throat hastily, “Y-yes, Master Jongdae. I’m here to inform you that your driver’s here. May I lead you?” Jongdae nod. Sehun, on the other hand, contently smiled at Jongdae. “You’ve met with Master Xiumin, haven’t you?”

The latter was pretty shock being asked like that. Reluclantly he nodded. “Y-yes! He’s a- um.. a pretty n-nice gentleman. I guess.” He mumbled out the last sentence slowly. This time Sehun can’t help but to smirk. “Yes, he’s indeed a nice gentleman.” They reached the gates and just like that, their conversations ended. Before Jongdae could walk towards his awaiting car, Sehun spoke lowly, “Master, I’m sure that he would take a good care of you.” Jongdae to ignore Sehun’s remark and went straight to bed as soon as he reach his house. But sleep didn’t come easily to him that night. Xiumin’s touches on his upper lip still lingered.

The very same thing occurred to Xiumin too. After Jongdae had left, the flufyness of his lip leaved sparks of feeling inside Xiumin’s body and mind. He didn’t even pay any attention towards Luhan’s rambling today. To put it in short, Xiumin was day-dreaming throughout the class. Luhan surely had notice this, and he knew, the exact thing that had happen. He was watching all the time actually. It’s his mansion after all. He knew every secret room or door trap in this house.

That’s why he decided to dismiss Xiumin early that day. Afterwards he knew that there weren’t any benefits to talk with someone who had literally lost his soul for a certain someone. He let it slipped, for today. After Xiumin had gone, Luhan called Sehun into his private library.

“You call for me, Luhannie?” Luhan grinned by the nickname. “Yes. I think there’s something we should talk about,” his voice trailed off as his thoughts scattered away. Sehun stood beside Luhan and encircled his arms around Luhan’s slim waist. He comfortably rests his chin on Luhan’s shoulder. “What is it, honey? You’re seems to be affected by it.”

Luhan’s heart flutter on how caring Sehun sounded. “Well,” he took Sehun’s arms off from his waist and he turned around. They stared at each other deeply. “I’m concern,” he started then trailed off agin. Sehun patiently waits for the other to finish his sentence. “You know, about those two?”

“So, you’re thinking about those two Young Masters? I never knew that you would care about somebody else other than me! I’m surprised, Luhan!” he engulfed Luhan into a bear hug. “This deserves a celebration you know?” lowly he huffed into Luhan’s ear. The older playfully hits him on the upper arm, “Stop being a ert will you? I’m thinking about a bigger problem right now. what if, both of them turned to be like us… years ago?”

Sehun grinned. “Then let them be. No one can ever evade someone from loving someone else you know.”

“But…” Luhan sounded unsure. “But what, Luhan?” This time Sehun carefully enveloped Luhan into his arms and Luhan gladly leaned his head on to Sehun’s board chest. He nuzzled and inhaled Sehun’s scent, “I’m just afraid that they won’t last. It’s been so hard for both of use too. I barely could go on! B-but,”

“HUSH!” Sehun brought Luhan’s face near to him. His large hands around Luhan’s face, then slowly he kissed Luhan’s forehead. “I believe, if they were strong enough…” he stops and kissed Luhan’s nose, “They could hold on. Just like us!” Luhan timidly stared at Sehun. The taller guy gave him a reassuring smile. “Believe me.” Just like that, all Luhan’s concern was blown away.

“I… believe… in you~” Sehun closed the gap between them. That night Sehun and Luhan silently prayed for the best for both Xiumin and Jongdae.

 

Day’s turns into weeks, and weeks eventually turns into months. It’s been three months since Xiumin and Jongdae get to know each other. From those past months, these two had grown fond of each other. Jongdae discovered that Xiumin loves coffee and wanted to be a great barista. Once, Xiumin had brought him a latte. Xiumin thank the God that Jongdae can’t see. Since he shaped Jongdae’s initial on it and not to mention, hearts too. The barista-to-be guy doesn’t know why in the hell did he do that. He just felt like it. Plus he thought that he had more than a usual friendship bond with Jongdae.

He can’t seem to be himself every time Jongdae’s around. He felt shy and timid all of sudden. But due to Jongdae’s cute laugh and bluntness, he managed to smile. Xiumin never thought that Jongdae’s a good singer. And he was totally surprised.

“Xiumin, can you play the piece that we’ve been learning?” Xiumin look up at Jongdae questioningly. “Sure!”

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you

Above the dark shade of pain, at the doorsteps of farewell
Even if I take a brutal fall, I can manage if it were for you
Uh, Instead I’ll give myself to you who don’t know me
Don’t cry, give me chilling laughter instead of hot tears Baby

“Jongdae! You never told me that you can sing!” Xiumin exclaimed. Jongdae can’t help but to blush. “It’s nothing. I still need to improve my skills. I’m still lacking.”

“Still Jongdae… You have a great voice! I guess you should be a singer.” Jongdae snickered, “Would there be anyone who wants to buy an album from this blind singer?” The chubby guy halted his words. He then slowly turned Jongdae’s face into his direction. Although he knew Jongdae can’t see him, but deep in his heart, he could feel it. Jongdae frowned.

“Xiumin…”

“Even if there’s no one buying your album, remember that I’ll always root for you, and I’ll buy all your albums!” he then grabbed Jongdae’s pinky finger and intertwined it with his. “Pinky promise!” Jongdae laugh his heart out.

“Xiumin, I don’t know that you’re so childish! Hahaha! Oh my…” after few moments he stops laughing and cleared his throat. “But anyways, thank you for being my fans and would buy all my albums!” Both of them burst into fit giggles at how childish they’re sounding.

Xiumin can’t control himself. Jongdae is too cute to be real. Before his own mind could stop him, he pecks Jongdae’s lips. Jongdae agapes, slowly, he brought his fingers towards his lips. But it was missed by a few inches. And Xiumin helps him to correct that.

“I love you…” Xiumin whispered on Jongdae’s left ear. The other guy can’t hide his blush anymore. His cheeks were burning and aching. “I- I love you too…” he trailed slowly. They both spent their evening listening to Xiumin playing the piano while Jongdae sang along. Finally both of them found their real feelings towards each other. And they have the courage to speak them loud. They were happy.

Especially, Xiumin. It feels like in dream to be this happy and relieved. But, little that they both noticed, that two pairs of eyes was watching them.

“See, Luhan? I told you. As long as they believe each other, they were strong enough to pass everything through.” Luhan can’t help but to nod upon Sehun’s remark. “Come. Let’s leave them. Let they enjoy their time while it last.” Once again Luhan nod solemnly before tailing Sehun to upstairs.

It’s been two weeks since Xiumin had confessed. He noticed that his chest pain hadn’t occurs for past weeks. Precisely, it had stop since the first time he had saw Jongdae. Also, his nosebleed had decreased. Xiumin was deeply thankful towards Jongdae for that. For making his life seems much worth living than before.

 

 

 

 

A/N- Guyss!! i'm leaving you a longer update! -words vomit!-

well, i can't update next week. 

T.T please bear with me.. school is killing! 

plus, i'm going back to hostel soon! Q.Q 

but don't worry! i'll try to finish this shieet ASAP! LOL

k, enough with my ramblings.. and guys,,

it would be good if u could drop by any comments? it really made my day!

ADIOSSS! :D