Chapter 1

GONE

18 YEARS AGO

“Mr. Kim, I’m afraid that if your wife continue to keep the baby. The condition for both of them could turn out bad.” Doctor Wu stated. Mr. Kim let his body slowly sunk into the leather couch. Concern splashed over his face, “How bad could it be, Doctor? It’s her 8 months of pregnancy already. She’s doing great. No nauseas, no headache… The baby Doc, he’s so playful! Always kicking his mother’s stomach and never want to stay quiet.”

                Doctor Wu sighed silently and removed his round spectacle, “Mr. Kim in your wife case, you need to keep in mind that she is already in her late 40’s.  And it’s her first experience of pregnancy.” Mr. Kim shook his head in confusion. “Can you explain it deeper Doc? I- I can’t get the points.” Doctor Wu gazed sadly into Mr. Kim’s calming dark-brown orbs.

                He took a deep breath, “There are many disadvantages for women in their 40’s or above when it comes to pregnancy. For the mothers’ miscarriage could occur even with the slightest thump on her belly or thumb-nail. Or in worse cases, heavy bleeding that leads the baby needs to be abort in order to save the mother’s life. In some unfortunate cases, we could lose both of them.” Mr. Kim inhaled deeply. He tried his best to keep a calm face although his inner sides were throwing tantrums upon the new discovery.

                 Doctor Wu let the facts sunk in deep into Mr. Kim’s thought before asking, “May I continue?” With a weak nod Mr. Kim allowed. “For the babies, chances to be born as Down syndrome are high. If the baby was lucky enough to escape from the Down syndrome, some malfunctioning of its vital organs would occur. For example weak heart rate, damaged kidneys or any serious infection. And that’s why I insist you to abo-“

                “NO DOCTOR!” Mr. Kim’s voice echoed throughout the obstetrics doctor’s office. “I’m sorry but it’s just-“ Mr. Kim didn’t get to voice out his thoughts before being cut in by Doctor Wu’s question, “Don’t you even worry ‘bout your wife? Or even your son?”

                He shook his head slowly. Tears were threatening to fall, “I care… I do care for them. And because of that, I insist to keep my son until he was delivered. When the day comes, I’ll leave it to you Doc.” His voice drifted slowly. “Just save one of them that have the highest chance to live. Just one of them… please… I’m begging you!” Mr. Kim can’t control his over-flowing emotions anymore. He ended up sobbing violently in front of the stunned doctor.

                Doctor Wu patted his patient’s husband shoulder and squeezed them in a reassuring movement. “I’ll try my best!” Both of them exchanged sad gazes.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

PRESENT

                “Tablo hyung, is Daddy home?” after being squished into the black limousine, Xiumin questioned his bodyguard. “No,” he stated plainly. “He took off to Berlin just now. His heading for another international meeting and will be back in two weeks.” Xiumin pouted in a sulking manner.

“Come on! He’ll surely miss my 18th birthday.” Tablo groaned over his steering. “For God sakes, Master Xiumin you’re 18! Not 8! He’ll miss your birthday party? Bull !” he sighed. Ignoring the hurt look the Young Master put on, he focused on his driving.

                “I know exactly why Daddy chose you to be my bodyguard,” he uttered mutely. “You’re just such an like him!” he shut his eyes tightly and silence took over their ride till they reached at Seoul’s out skirts. There were a few big bungalows buildings stood up really far from each other. It’s just like they were on a war. Not wanting their enemy to peer into their shelters. Typical damn rich people!

                When the slick black limousine finally parked under the enormous garage, Xiumin wait for Tablo to open his door and he lightly brushed his shoulder past Tablo’s firm ones. He then hurriedly went inside his ‘house’. Tablo snickered at Xiumin’s action. “Very childish! He’s already 18 and still sulking? !”

                Inside the gloomy bungalow, Xiumin was greeted by his personal butler, Suho. Suho was his actual bodyguard back then. But thanks to his damn Daddy, he scout in Tablo and kicked Suho away. “Welcome back, Master Xiumin. Can I take your bag?” Xiumin beamed at him and handed his bag pack politely. He excused himself towards his bedroom and Suho followed him from behind.

                In his room, Xiumin laid on his back tiredly. “You seemed pretty off today, Master. Is something bothering you? Mind to share them?” Xiumin smiled warmly upon Suho’s concerns. “Well, it’s just another boring day of mine. Sitting in the lecturing hall, hearing those looooong boring lectures for damn hours! Working on tons of reports that need to be submitted in 2 hours! In conclusion, pretty hectic day.”

                “Did I even mentioned ‘bout the reports?” Xiumin blinked innocently towards Suho. The butler can’t help but to fall for his naïves questions and actions. “Yes Master. It’s twice for the record.” He winked playfully towards Xiumin. “Oh… funny!” Xiumin shot back with sarcasm. Both of them laughed at the remark.

                This is it! This is what Xiumin had ever longed for. The warmth from people who really concern for him. Not like the Tablo and his Daddy! Treating him like an over-grown man. Prohibiting him from everything. No friends, no snacks, no sleep-over, no group studying and so on. Xiumin felt like he was in prison. ‘The prison of wealth.’ That’s the accurate name, he thought.

                He didn’t notice that he was still laughing till he felt a sudden thumped on his heart. He held his chest in pain. “Suho- nghh!!”

“Master!” Suho exclaimed in pure horror as he roamed into his master’s bag pack and took an elongated tube of plastic cylinder. With a white cap and filled with over 20 beads of white pills. He handed the bottle towards Xiumin and swiftly Xiumin uncapped them and shoved two beads of the pills down his throat. He gathered all his saliva and managed to gulp them down without gagging.

                He once again lay onto his comfy mattress. He tried to catch his breath like he was thought to by Doctor Wu. “Master, remember. In… out… in… out…” Suho came and coaxed him from behind. Xiumin seems to relax at last. Suho tucked him into the duvet and hooked down all the curtains. The room was dimly lit. “I guess you should take a nap first, Master. Relax yourself, OK? I’m taking my leave.” With that he closed the door very careful and vanished towards the other part of the big house.

                After Suho left, Xiumin could barely sleep. He needs someone to stay beside him. Someone that could provide him with the warmth he need. In pain, he pulled one of the drawers near him and took an old photo. Through its brownish surface, a picture of a couple in their wedding outfits vaguely taken. Both them smiled sincerely at each other with the most loving gaze Xiumin had ever seen. He felt something warm trickled down his right cheek. He cracked a muted sob.

                “Mama…” he caresses the old picture and murmur softly. “I miss you SO much!” he brought the picture towards his less pained chest. Thanks to the medicine that Doctor Wu provides, it works magic to his chest pain. “I hope I’ll be able to see you. Wait for me, Mama. I’m definitely coming…” his voice trailed off as exhaustion took over him. He fell asleep within minutes. He was dreaming about the best thing that would ever happen to him; Meeting his Mother.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                “Doctor, the heart rates were falling!” Doctor Wu moved his gaze towards the monitor. “The blood pressure are also decreasing, Doc.” Another nurse informed in much calmer tone. It’s just like the whole situation had been expected to occur. Doctor Wu sighed.

                “Hang on with the mother. We need to save the son’s first. Everyone, prepare for the C-section procedure.” Nurses took their respective places. Two of them prepared everything for the out coming baby. The C-section surgery went on smoothly. The baby was saved. Not until, “Doc, we’re losing her!” “Inject more penthamol please.” He ordered calmly.

                A nurse informed, “Heart rate is not coming back…” Doctor Wu tried his best on massaging her heart. After 10 minutes, the heart rate line still flat. The nurses sighed. “Time of death; 11.47 p.m.” one of them informed and the room went completely silent. ‘At least one of them is saved!’ Doctor Wu reminded himself.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

               

Xiumin woke up by the sound of birds chirping. His gaze fell on a small alarm clock on top of his drawer. It shows; 2.00 p.m. ‘How long I’ve been sleeping?’ he thought and rose from his bed slowly. He was afraid that the pain at his chest might shot back. He walked towards his enormous bedroom window and moved the maroon colored curtains away. Patch of sunlight barely reached his bedroom through the tree branches.

                Just in time, his bedroom door crept open. Suho’s calm face was revealed. “Master, it’s good that you’re finally awake.” Xiumin smiled sadly at the honest remark. “It does feel great,” he paused and turned his sight towards two birds chirping loudly towards each other. “Knowing that you’re barely breathing again today.”

“I’m sorry Master. I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s alright Suho. Well, what brings you up here?” Suho averted his eyes onto the floor. “I’m here to remind you about your piano class at 3. I guess you better get ready now. Or else… you know how Tablo is, right?”

                Xiumin nodded solemnly, “Yes. Thanks for reminding me though.” “Master…” Suho whispered softly. Xiumin turned his head towards his butler. “Yes?” With a nervous tone, he said, “I’m sorry ‘bout what I said just now. I know it was pretty clandestine for you. I’m deeply sorry master!” he hung his head low.

                He let out a small laugh at Suho’s words. He went towards Suho and gave him a hug. “You know, Suho? I can’t never snapped at the only person who cares ‘bout me more than he care ‘bout himself!” Suho hugged him back slowly. “Thank you Master.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

Xiumin sat on the wooden stool casually. He arranged his music sheets in the right order in front of his face. ‘Everything needs to be done perfectly before that Mutant Deer came in.’ he thought and continued his works. His attention was lifted towards the door. His private tutor’s finally here. “Good afternoon, Luhan songsaenim.” Xiumin bowed his head a little and Luhan managed a small nod. He took out his short cane and gave the cue to Xiumin. The boy started to press the keys one by one by its order.

                He managed a small pause at certain places. His fingers were aching. If he pauses for too long, Luhan would hit the piano’s upper cover harshly with his cane. Xiumin would jolt in shock and need to continue to play from the start. Suddenly, they heard the phone ring. Usually Luhan’s butler, Sehun would pick the phone for him. But he was nowhere in sight at the moment.

                “Stop playing. I’ll get the phone.” A strict command came from Luhan and Xiumin COULD took in deep breath! His fingers was about to fall apart. He glanced towards the hallway and heard faint noises coming from the end of it. Luhan is talking in Chinese, so he can’t understand either a word. But from his logic-based assumptions; Luhan is displeased about something. Xiumin could tell it straight away by judging how harsh Luhan’s voice sounded. After another good five minutes of waiting, finally the phone was banged back to its place.

                Hurriedly, Xiumin sat up as straight as he could in front of the dusty piano. “Sorry, for taking too long,” Luhan alleged him from behind. Xiumin shook his head slowly, “It’s alright sonsaengnim. Shall we continue from the start?” “No. Just from the place you stop just now.” The other young man nod and pressed the keys again. Luhan was pacing behind him. He held his chin with his right hand and another one sealed tightly onto his cane.

                Back and forth. Back and forth. Xiumin felt very uneasy with his actions but decided to seal his mouth shut. When this Chinese Mutant Deer is angry, nothing could ever be imagined. So Xiumin continued to enjoy the music. He let his eyes wandered outside, since there was a big glass door right in front of the piano.

 

IN THE MEAN TIME

                Sehun was standing near the gate. The cold wind of autumn didn’t shake him. It was his job for years after all. Thinking about it making him broke into a grin. He had worked for Luhan almost seven years now. There were so many memories. Either the good ones or the bad ones. He looked up at his gold ring. It fitted perfectly with his long slender fingers. The memory flooded back;

 

                Luhan was staring blankly at his music sheets. He was pissed actually. He was kicked out by his parents when he said that he’s a gay and won’t marry the girl that his parents had chosen for him. Thank goodness, Luhan had bought his own bungalow when he’s still studying 2 years ago. And now, it had become his NEW home.

 

The door was knocked from outside. “Come in,” Luhan lazily groaned. Sehun’s face popped out from the door. “Master Luhan. Why did you do that?” he questioned sternly.

 

Luhan mentally scoffed, ‘It’s because of you!’ “Well, it’s my own life. I could choose to be whatever I want to. Either I want to be a gay or a straight guy it’s up to me.”

 

He closed his eyes and sighed deeply. ‘No, it’s not okay. I love you so much! That’s why I told that to my parents so I don’t need to marry that ! You’re the reason I’m turning like this, Oh Sehun…’

 

Before Luhan could register anything, he felt something warm against his lips and pair of strong hands supporting him from behind. Luhan eyes widened, “Sehun…” he trailed off. Sehun smiled lovingly and Luhan’s cheeks with his big palms. “I love you, Master Luhan. Actually it hurts me when your father declared that you’re going to marry that girl. But I never expect it to turn out this way.”

 

“So, that’s why you came here? All the way from Seoul? To confess?” Sehun nod. The shorter one can’t hide the blush that’s creeping up. “Master, are you blushing?”

 

“N-no!” and that just made him blush harder.”So, can I take this as a yes? For my question?” Luhan stared at Sehun in dazed and nod. “I love you too.” He muttered quietly. “And don’t worry, master. I’ll be working for you. You can rank me as the best butler ever!” Luhan giggled and hugged Sehun tighter.   

  

Out of the blue, a black Benz’e pulled in near the gate. Sehun was pretty astonished at first, when he’s sweet memories being interrupted. But when a middle aged man came out from the driver seat and opened the back door, Sehun’s memory came back together. Luhan had informed to him a week ago, that Kim’s D&G Corporation wanted to send their son’s here.

                Sehun disagreed about that. Hence, both Kim’s family isn’t a good partner anyways. Dirty business always being brought up by them. He sighed, “Is it going to flow well?” he paused and turned his head towards the now revealed car door. “I hope other prohibited romance wouldn’t bloom.” He sighed and bowed when Jongdae, the Kim’s son stepped out from the car.

                Jongdae stretch out his left foot hastily, followed by the other one. He staggered for a few time before he managed to pass the elegantly carved gate. Sehun remained with the same position. Jongdae didn’t seem to notice with his surroundings. He just walks slowly, passing Sehun and straight towards the main entrance towards the house. He can’t really figure out where he was heading to, but there’s this certain flow that had attracted him.

                The soft yet elegantly played piano. Those alluring melody really catches Jongdae’s heart and mind. He kept on following the melody when he slightly bumped onto something hard. His brows scrunched in confusion. Slowly, he reached out his hands and rubbed onto the surface. It was rough and pointy. And smelled a little bit like dirt. And that’s when Jongdae realized that it’s the wall. Sighing, he let his hands wandered forward till he gripped onto something.

                He traced the thing slowly. It has a rough façade and it was curved at the end. He traced the thing backwards. He noticed that it was attached to another façade by the other end. Then it struck him, it’s a wooden chair.  Slowly, he sat down on it. He was totally enjoying the beautiful piece that was floating in the wind. Jongdae abruptly craned his neck around when he the sound stopped. And the rustling voice made by a chair being pushed on the floor.

                “Young master, do come in.” a low voice spoke from his side. “I’ll lead the way.” The voice added again. Jongdae felt his right rib was nudged slowly towards his left and he continued to walk as usual. He was used to with the dark surroundings around him. He can’t see after all.

                While wandering his eyes, something caught Xiumin’s attention; a young man. What is he doing here? Do Luhan sonsaeng know him? Is he a relative?

                Questions were floating in his mind.  While eyes fixed on the young man and fingers were delinquently pressing the notes. Xiumin slightly craned his neck to follow the stranger when Luhan snapped his cane loudly beside Xiumin. He jerked due to shock and hurriedly gets back into his ‘elegant’ posture.

Luhan followed Xiumin’s gaze and saw the young man and immediately knew that it was Jongdae. After giving Xiumin his last lecture on how not to be distracted by something else while playing piano, he dismissed him. He needs to get something done first before ‘inviting’ Jongdae in.

Tablo came from behind, bowing towards Luhan and called out for Xiumin, “Young Master, we need to hurry. You have an appointment with Doctor Wu today.” Xiumin gathered his music sheets together, bowed towards Luhan, a small thank you came out before being pushed away by Tablo towards the hallway without waiting for Luhan’s answer. They both walk in a tense silent. Xiumin didn’t mind though, it’s always been like that between him and Tablo. Until, he felt a bit dizzy and found it’s pretty hard to breath. He fished out his medicine from his trousers pocket and shoved two pills in.

Suddenly, a young man passed beside him. Xiumin barely saw the young man’s face, since he’s being pushed irritatingly by Tablo. But he’s sure that it’s the same guy that he saw moments ago. He turned around again, only to be pushed again by Tablo who was blabbering ‘bout hurrying up. “Master, we need to hurry. You don’t want to be caught in the traffic!”

“I know! But, did you notice that guy just now? Is he one of Luhan’s students? I never see him around before.” Tablo shrugged and proceed to shove Xiumin straight towards their limousine. And of course, the poor Young Master would timidly fight back with the little strength he had.

 

 

Blabbering time! thank you for reading and subscribing to this.. i feel soooo blessed! may god bless u guys too! :D Just let me remind you of something.. updates may be SLOW~!! snails could type faster than me! *IDK* LOL. i'm just planning to make this thing short. three-shots? four-shots? don't know yet. anyways~ next chap will be posted in 2-3 days! patient guyss~ LET THE XIUCHEN SAILS~!! LOL

*BRICKED" BYE~!!! please, comments are also appreciated.

let me hear your voice~ -can i even hear you?- 

*brick!*