Six

Personal Rock Star

Seoul High School | 1345

 

Exo̱tikós; a popular independent rock band is rising to the top of the music scene, and the real name of its lead vocalist is Park Chanyeol.’ 

 

Insert: a large HD picture of Phoenix with an alluring pose – to Byun Baekhyun that is – and he just couldn’t help but drool at the sight of the said male on the picture. Baekhyun jumped about a mile from his seat when a creeping Creepyeol surprised him from behind with his low voice.

 

“What are you reading, Baekhyunnie?”

 

The small male jerked the magazine shut and threw it away, far, far away to the back of the classroom that Baekhyun could hear a small ouch!

 

“Nothing,” he said and looked down towards Chanyeol, who was stuck on the side of Baekhyun’s table.

 

Fingers planted on his table, crouching like a cute puppy, Baekhyun could almost imagine his tail wagging at the back – and apparently, he felt like cooing at the sight and actually scratching Chanyeol’s chin, but wouldn’t that be weird?! – peering at Baekhyun.

 

And, so it happens that this person is very important to me, because he’s my boyfriend.

 

Although Chanyeol’s image at school was completely the opposite of the real him, but, the utmost important thing was he’s still Phoenix.

 

“Eh, your nose is bleeding,” he said and closed their distance, and wiped the leaking blood away from Baekhyun’s nostril with the shirt underneath his jacket; revealing abs he didn't know existed for Baekhyun to drool at, at which caused his nose to bleed even more.

 

“Oh my God, Baekhyun! I have to get you to the infirmary!" Chanyeol fussed over him like a mother hen but Baekhyun pushed him away with a nervous chuckle. 

 

I feel so feverish whenever he’s around me. I think I’m running out blood, damn Chanyeol Syndrome.

 

Later, when classes came to an end, Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun at his locker.

 

“I have band practice today because we’re performing at the school’s Spring Festival,” Chanyeol started their conversation after Baekhyun closed his locker with a solid thud!

 

Speaking of the school’s Spring Festival, it seems that their Student Counselor and Representative requested for local rock band Exo̱tikós to perform for their festival.

 

“Oh well, I have to help out with the preparations for the haunted house. I don’t even know why I joined that team,” Baekhyun sighed.

 

“Yeah, you could have joined the pottery or café prep instead, but that's fine. Don’t worry and try to have fun, okay?” Chanyeol pat his head affectionately. 

 

Baekhyun nodded and flushed from the contact, “okay, got it, you too, Chanyeol-ah,” and he waved his boyfriend away.

 

Lately, they’ve both been busy with preparations with the upcoming school festival.

 

Well, one thing for sure, I can’t wait to see Exo̱tikós’ performance!

 

It was getting darker than dark and late after Baekhyun and the others were done with decorating duties. He was already on his way down the school’s hallway when he saw a group of students over the bulletin board. He wondered what they are looking at, so he, himself tiptoed to peek over in between the other tall students when his eyes come in contact with a huge poster of Oh Sehun!

 

‘ATTENTION! FAMOUS IDOL AND SINGER SEHUN WILL BE MAKING A SPECIAL APPEARANCE WITH EXOTIKÓS AT THIS YEAR’S SPRING FESTIVAL!’

 

Sehun? The famous, ulzzang-idol, nation’s baby brother, flower boy, singer Oh Sehun?!

 

Yes, that’s the one Baekhyun and apparently, he’ll be performing with Exo̱tikós, more specifically Phoenix?! Honestly, there wasn’t a single student around who hasn’t heard of Sehun. While on his way home, Sehun never once left his brain, invading his every little thought.

 

‘NATION’S BABY BROTHER SEHUN WILL KICK OFF THIS YEAR WITH HIS TOURS VERY SOON!’

 

The large plasma screen TV on a certain telecommunication company building above Baekhyun is filled with Sehun’s picture and a small interview of him introducing himself and telling fans of his upcoming tours.

 

“I wonder why Chanyeol never mentioned his name to me?” Baekhyun asked aloud to himself and his finger trace his lips.

 

As Baekhyun kept on walking, he didn't notice that a taller figure dressed in all black was heading towards him; black designer trench coat hugging his slim figure, a mask and shades covering his face and a wide-brim hat covering his finely groomed undercut hairstyle – all of which Baekhyun didn't know. Until they both crashed onto one another and the stranger’s hat was blown away by a gust of strong wind and his shades shifted from the comfort of the bridge of his nose. Baekhyun blushed at the sight before him.

 

Sehun?!

 

His good looks was nothing compared to what one could actually witness if they’re in a position as close as Baekhyun was from the national figure. Those pictures, posters and advertisements are not doing Oh Sehun any justice – yes, cliché-idol-character much, but that was how Baekhyun viewed the young idol.

 

“Hey, isn’t that Sehun?” A passerby asked aloud.

 

“Yeah, I think it is!” Another replied and Baekhyun saw the spark of fear in the teen idol’s eyes.

 

Hastily, he picked up the hat and straightened his shades back on.

 

“Hey, could you come with me for a second?” It was more of a statement compared to a request.

 

“H-huh?!” And Baekhyun is pulled by the hand and they fled from the scene.

 

What is going on?

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Behind a building; around Seocho-dong | 1859

 

The two of them kept running, there are undeniably people chasing them, but it seemed that Sehun was quite familiar with his way around. Finally, they rounded a corner and hid behind a building, leaving a trampling train of fans from them. Peeking over slightly, Baekhyun kept a lookout.

 

“I think they’ve stopped following us,” he sighed.

 

Baekhyun was still panting but the boy beside him kept his mouth shut.

 

“Thank you,” Sehun said after a while, breaking the silence.

 

Uh-oh, what should I do now?

 

The boy took off his hat slowly, revealing perfect platinum blonde hair and black shaved parts right below. Even without styling, his hair still looked perfect to Baekhyun. He then continued his ministration and took off his shades.

 

Oh my God, he’s so good looking. Can I kiss those baby cheeks? Would Chanyeol be mad if I do?

 

“Thanks for the help…Byun Baekhyun-ssi,” the young idol said as he looked at Baekhyun straight in the eyes.

 

Baekhyun was about to grin himself silly when a sudden thought puzzled him.

 

“Uhm, how do you know my name, Sehun-ssi?” He scratched his nape as he couldn’t hold his gaze against the other male anymore and looked down at the other’s cute chin instead.

 

“Oh, my manager told me everything there is to know about you. He told me that Phoenix is head over heels, in love with a very cute boy. That’s why I came here; to tell you that Phoenix can’t afford to be involved with someone right now,” he paused, Bakehyun froze on the spot and his facial expression changed. But it doesn’t stop the young idol. “You see, a relationship at this point will just be a burden to Phoenix. I want you,” he paused, yet again, “to break up with Chanyeol,” he said and tilted his head.

 

What did he just say?!

 

If the information he delivered a few seconds ago weren’t painful and smashing his heart into pieces, Baekhyun might have cooed at his cuteness. Sehun remains unfazed; standing tall and confident compared to Baekhyun’s slouched position, as if he didn’t just tell Baekhyun something that is a jumping-off-the-cliff worthy of information.

 

“Sehun-ah,” another voice calls out.

 

That voice…I could even tell whose it is even if I was blindfolded.

 

The other male appeared and Baekhyun blushes at the sight before him.

 

Sehun-ah?

 

Chanyeol was there, right in front of him, body not clothed in their normal school uniform anymore and looked undeniably hot for Baekhyun.

 

Sehun-ah?

 

But what causes Baekhyun to shiver and tremble in place was when Chanyeol said something to him, but his apparent attention was directed somewhere else – or more specifically someone else.

 

“Baekhyun-ah,” his gaze didn't reach Baekhyun’s as he asked, “what are you doing here?”

 

“Uhh,” was all Baekhyun could muster.

 

“And you, what are you doing here!? Quit playing around! Let’s get going,” his gruff voice called out to Sehun.

 

“What?!”


Baekhyun’s eyes caught on the large hand that was currently tugging on Sehun’s waist.

 

“Wait, it’s your turn to hide now, go!” Sehun's voice echoed.

 

“That’s enough, Sehun. Stop fooling around,” Chanyeol reminded him but apparently, Sehun was taking none of it.

 

“Hey, you used to like playing hide-and-seek with me,” Sehun whined at Chanyeol as he wiggled around like an elementary school kid.

 

What kind of relationship do they really have?

 

“Uhmmm…” Again, Baekhyun felt like he could slap himself physically.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, I’m sorry, really. I’m a little busy right now. So, we’ll see each other later, okay?” Chanyeol pulled Sehun away with those last few words and left Baekhyun alone.

 

Sehun put his hat back on, the rim covering half of his face and the shades returned to their original position, faithfully resting on his nose and hiding his eyes.

 

“Don’t forget, Baekhyun-ah,” Sehun’s whisper was visible and heardable only to Baekhyun as he walked away, with Chanyeol leading him.

 

…“You see, a relationship at this point will just be a burden to Phoenix. I want you,” he pauses, “to break up with Chanyeol,”…  

 

Anyone else would comply with someone as good looking as Oh Sehun. Not only does he have the looks, but he could also sing and dance. I’m…I’m definitely out of his league. I'm next to nothing. But…I still believe in Chanyeol.

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Seoul High School | 0908

 

“Hey, hey, psst, I heard Phoenix and Sehun are closer than just friends?” A girl whispered behind Baekhyun.

 

The other girl beside her replied, “eh, really?”

 

“Well, yeah, and if I couldn’t get either of them, then I guess it’s fine for them to be together.”

 

Then again, I could be wrong.

 

“Right, everyone, settle down!” Dongjun commanded as he entered the class with a small box. “Okay, listen up! Because no one volunteered to be in the 3rd year’s theater production by Mr. Kim – and I’m sure you all know how he’s like. Everyone now has to take ballots,” he said and walked up to the front row, as he continued, “if you happen to pick the role destined for this class, just it up, okay?!”

 

There were groans all around and Baekhyun wondered just why does Dongjun emphasized on destined.

 

But, I’m more curious as to why Chanyeol never mentioned about Sehun to me?

 

“Yo, Baekhyun-ssi, come on, pick one,” Dongjun snapped Baekhyun out of his internal dialogue.

 

Without much care in the world, Baekhyun dug his hand inside and took a small paper out.

 

Dongjun was there, right beside him while he unfolded the piece of paper and unhesitating to shout out for the whole class to know, “alright, everyone! It’s decided that our Byun Baekhyun-ssi is this class’ representative actor as the Princess!”

 

Byun Baekhyun doesn't even want to think about who he was in the past to get such a role in his present self. 

 


6th chapter. Do point out my mistakes okay. I sometimes undo stuff and I never really looked at those imortant edited part. Thanks for subbing Exoandb2stlover, ji_yoon, puppyvirus, myung-yeollipop, Lovender 

P.S Here are the characters in this chapter 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Personally, my bias list got fcked up because of Oh Sehun's fcked up fcking as hell y hair. I was like fck, too many cursing going on. Sorry, not sorry