Three

Personal Rock Star

Seoul High School | 0724

 

Baekhyun was really bothered about their conversation yesterday. They were both interrupted when their homeroom teacher, Mr. Kim, literally whipped their and hurried them along. Creepyeol was hauled to the cafeteria before Baekhyun had a chance to even ask him if they were going to meet up later at the roof. They had a torturous physical ed class with Coach Kang sending Creepyeol as the point guard, shooting guard, power guard, okay, you could almost say that he sent the poor, lanky boy into all possible positions there were in the game. But, hey, he wasn't that bad, and those guns behind that long sleeved shirt...damn, son. Then, the rest of yesterday was uneventful for Baekhyun since it was filled with homework.

 

Except, I bought myself a copy of Exo̱tikós album and listened to Phoenix’s ballad cover of ‘No Name’ the whole night.

 

Pushing the trashes aside to grab for his stuff, Kyungsoo called. He apologized for not telling Baekhyun earlier on and to inform Baekhyun that he was leaving later that day and the elder shouldn't wait for him. They talked for a little while until Kyungsoo told him that he received another call and was in a rush to answer the certain call. Baekhyun suspected that it was his new boyfriend, hearing the younger’s voice crack when he bid Baekhyun a goodbye. Turning his attention back to pick out the rubbish in his locker, he heard his name echo through the hallway.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi!” The deep velvety voice wafted to his ears and Baekhyun turned his head to the direction of the voice to witness another guy standing at the side and propped his leg out at the running figure.

 

“Hey, Creepyeol!” He smirked and with that, Creepyeol tripped with a loud thud and rolled like the previous day.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi, not again,” Baekhyun muttered under his breath with a face-palm, but loud enough for the other to hear him despite rolling on the floor and ending up in a mess of tangled up limbs.

 

“Good morning, Baekhyun-ssi!” He greeted energetically despite the fall a few minutes ago.

 

Baekyun can’t help but replied with a smile, “good morning, Chanyeol-ssi. Are you okay though?”

 

Worry overshadowing his feature as Creepyeol cleared visible dust from his uniform. When he looked at Baekhyun’s worried yet cute face, he laughed heartily and without Baekhyun knowing, he felt very happy when someone is concerned about him in that trash of a school. Baekhyun could practically see the flowers and glitters around Creepyeol as he looked at him and Baekhyun seriously had to look away. He couldn’t even keep a normal 5-second eye contact with the other boy, without feeling shy, at all.

 

Gosh, what’s with the twitching eyes and mouth that I can’t even look at?!

 

“I’m fine. Now, let’s get to class before our diva of a male teacher kicks our , again!” And Baekhyun complied, tingles igniting at the sight of Creepyeol taking his hand.

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Rooftop | 1234

 

“Baekhyuuuuun-ssi,” a deep voice sing-song as his long legs appeared before his abdomen from Baekhyun’s point of view at their usual lunch spot.

 

Creepyeol settled down comfortably beside him and Baekhyun stiffened.

 

“Here,” he said and dumped the famous red bean bread on Baekhyun’s lap.

 

The smaller boy just hummed as a thank-you and gobbled up the bread mindlessly, too afraid to look at Creepyeol. Baekhyun couldn’t help but thought about the theories he came up with the previous day on Creepyeol’s tattoo and deep gaze. Thinking about the possibilities, Baekhyun blushed and wolfed down the rest of the bread. His action came to a sudden halt when Creepyeol reached out over him.

 

“You’ve got some leftover on your mouth. Probably from the bread,” and he chuckled as Baekhyun felt the lingering of Creepyeol’s thumb on his lips.

 

The small guy was probably too shocked that he was currently undergoing a mental meltdown.

 

“You don’t have to eat it so fast. If you like it so much, I’ll buy more next time,” and he , , the crumbs off of his thumb in a seductively, slow manner that Baekhyun suddenly felt so hot.

 

What in the world? What is this?! His personality; it’s not Creepyeol-like at all.

 

Baekhyun felt light-headed all of a sudden and he could faint at any given moment.

 

“What’s wrong, Baekhyun-ssi?” Baekhyun’s soul has left his body and he just kept quiet at the worry-laced voice.

 

“Oh, yeah,” the other kept talking as he d about for something in his pocket, “here!” He handed out another Exo̱tikós’ live performance concert ticket and added, “one more thing, there’s something really important I need to tell you after the concert. So, see you there, okay?”

 

Lub-dub 

 

“Creepyeol, where the hell are you?!” The two of them jumped about a mile from the sudden intrusion of the booming voice.

 

“That’s duty call, I guess. See you tomorrow,” he got up while replying to the other people, “I’m here!”

 

Why am I even blushing?

 

Getting up, Baekhyun left the rooftop, mobile already in his hand as he sent his bestfriend a chat to fanboy on Exo̱tikós’ upcoming live concert.

 

But…I better not get my hopes up on the impossible.

 

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

“Did you hear that, Nana?” a shadow resurfaced from behind the water tank.

 

“Loud and clear, Mimi, loud and clear,” the other replied as her feature turned darker by the second and they both laughed maliciously.

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Around Hongdae | 1834

 

I couldn’t even sleep a wink last night. Gosh, I’m so lucky it’s Saturday.

 

Baekhyun arrived a little earlier than last time, since Kyungsoo couldn’t make it to his place to choose his outfit together and he had some other errand to run to for his mother. He gave himself a pat on the back with the outfit he was able to pick on his own when he looked at himself from the half-transparent window of a pet shop. A slight turn to the left and right, Baekhyun smiled satisfactorily at the assemble of white graffiti shirt enclosed with an aqua blue V-cut cardigan, black skinny jeans that seems to accentuate his hips, Vans Authentic matching aqua blue sneakers, 2-tone pixel glasses and a skull bracelet to end it off, with a touch of eyeliner, of course. Kyungsoo would be so proud of him. A few girls passed by and even they smiled and greeted him. Baekhyun walked away with light skips in his steps as he went on his merry  way to the concert venue.

 

I wonder what exactly is the important thing Creepyeol wants to tell me?

 

Baekhyun didn't notice that he was walking absentmindedly that he doesn’t stop when a voice called out to him from a distance.

 

“Isn’t that Byun Baekhyun?!” it turned out to be Nana and her drone and currently, they were approaching him while faking a smile.

 

“Fancy meeting you here,” Nana said but Baekhyun stayed quiet.

 

“Are you going to see the concert?” Another silence.

 

Ugh, of all the things... “Eh, why?” he replied hesitantly.

 

“Well, we’re going too,” and slowly they closed their distance, trapping Baekhyun.

 

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

 

“But, we’re short on one ticket,” her drone continued her line and Baekhyun froze.

 

If there were a lot of things he learnt, he learnt not to hit girls and only defend himself. The rule seemed to apply at that moment when the two of them grabbed Baekhyun into a dark alley and started beating him up. The first was a blow to his stomach, and the other, a harsh kick from the back. He felt his hair being pulled up and a few punches thrown mercilessly to his face.

 

Damn, are they humans? Cause these girls surely are barbaric.

 

They made him stand up on wobbly knees, and landed some forceful kicks to his shin that they hurt so much. If it was just once or twice, Baekhyun could endure it, but it felt like the punches, kicks and insults kept coming, blow after blow. All Baekhyun did was shut his eyes tight and accepted the pain they inflicted. The torture came to a stop when two sets of hands rummaged around his body and d into his jeans pocket. The sound of paper meets Baekhyun’s ears but he was unable to even look up and retaliation would only be futile at the moment.

 

“Wow! How did you even get this ticket? It’s front f_ucking row!”

 

“Hey, she asked you, how you got the ticket, huh?!” Another kick to his gut.

 

“Enough, Mimi. We’ve got a concert to attend. Later, loser. Thanks for the ticket, by the way!” Nana bellowed and the two of them snickered off, going on their merry way. Baekhyun coughed and panted. Rolling himself around to get to a sitting position, Creepyeol’s words rang in his ear.

 

…, “one more thing, there’s something really important I need to tell you after the concert. So, see you there, okay?”...

 

What should I do? The ticket got…

 

Baekhyun slumped on the ground and let his head fall, eyes meeting with the dirty black asphalt of the unlit alley.

 

“What is that dude doing there?” A voice sayid and another one replied, “I don’t know, but, eww, isn’t it like, dirty or something?”

 

Yes, I’m dirty and I’m hurt. No one asked for your opinion.

 

Baekhyun got up sluggishly and pulled his cardigan closer to his body. Any amount of safety was welcomed, even from the smallest comfort of his aqua cardigan. Without looking back, Baekhyun limped his way home and weeped in his drooping eyes.

 

At this rate, I can’t even meet Kyungsoo, Phoenix or even Creepyeol.

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Backstage; Rolling Hall | 2105

 

“Hey, man, what’s got your tied up in knots?” A muscular male with soft toffee-tan skin asked a non-stop pacing Exo̱tikós’ lead singer, mask still intact to cover half of his face.

 

Another smaller figure was snug in the tan male’s arms; sitting comfortably on his lap, his face hiding in the crook of his neck while his fingers traced invisible patterns on the Exo̱tikós’ drummer’s constellation of star tattoos on his neck.

 

“I invited a friend, but he didn’t show up,” Phoenix replied, “something’s not right, and I can feel it.”

 

Kai or better known as Jongin saw the flex of the elder’s biceps' muscles and knew that he was clenching his fist.

 

He kissed the temple of his little yet older boyfriend and looked up, “you have anything in mind? I’m up for anything, bro.”

 

Their other band members; 2 Chinese members, perked up at Jongin’s question while agreeing, “count us in.”

 

Seeing the mischievous twinkle crossing their lead singer’s face, they knew all too well that their masked band member was already calculating a rather illogical plan at the moment.

 

“Before anything else. Kyungsoo,” Phoenix called out to the blushing male in Jongin’s arm. The wide-eye male looked at him and blinked a few times before Phoenix continued, “thanks for everything you’ve done for Baekhyun, plus, for keeping my identity a secret. I owe you a lot. And, I've had enough of the little s these b_itches are doing to my Baekhyun.” He took off his mask and placed it on the nearest table. “To the rest of you, be ready to skip school tomorrow, Exo̱tikós. We, gentlemen, have a school to rock,” the lead singer said and he turned his back to them.

 

“You’re welcome, Chanyeol. I hope you make Baekhyun happy,” Kyungsoo replied softly.

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Seoul High School | 0721

 

“Yesterday’s concert was sick!” Nana gossiped loud enough for Baekhyun to hear her over the noises of other thousands of students.

 

“Plus, Phoenix was so freaking hot! Did you see his tattoos?!” Mimi replied and the two of them started to fangirl over each and every member, but obviously, Phoenix caught Baekhyun’s attention above everyone else’s.

 

Ignoring the annoying voices, Baekhyun thought that he has to apologize to Creepyeol for not showing up. Suddenly, an overwhelming feeling creeped up behind him and he was startled by the sudden intrusion of his personal space.

 

“Baekhyun-ah,” the male called out to him.

 

Chanyeol…

 

Suddenly, the male grabbed Baekhyun’s hand up to inspect it and he saw the bruise on the smaller male’s hand.

 

“What is it?” he said while trying to retract his hand from the other towering boy.

 

“What happened to your hands and legs? Why are you limping?” His voice was particularly low, and Baekhyun detected a few growls between his words.

 

“Ahh, yesterday, I f-fell off my bike a-and I went too fast. It wasn’t anything bad, I swear. I couldn’t make it to the concert yesterday. I’m so sorry,” Baekhyun replied as he avoided all eye-contact with Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun kept talking to ease the quietness added with awkwardness of his lying, “it’s okay, Chanyeol-ssi. A little wound like that really is nothing…”

 

“Hmm…” is all that came from the male when he suddenly pulled Baekhyun closer and started  his wound like he did to himself the other day.

 

All the blood drained from his brain to pool at a certain area on his face and at that moment, his light-headedness attacked him. If it wasn’t for Chanyeol’s hold on his hand, Baekhyun might have fallen to the ground like a rag doll. Chanyeol lowered his head and the piercing hazel brown eyes glared at him.

 

“I was really, really angry when you didn’t show up to yesterday’s concert,” his low voice echoed in Baekhyun’s ears and he could faint at any given time.

 

“Hey, Creepyeol!” It was Nana and Mimi, but Baekhyun’s soul has left his body momentarily.

 

“You always get good seats for Exo̱tikós’ concert, right?” And they were all flowers, stars and rainbows around Chanyeol.

 

“Hey, give us some more. We want tickets too!” Nana whined in her overly cute voice that woke Baekhyun up from his temporary meltdown.

 

Seeing Chanyeol now, he was in no position to be called 'Creepyeol' anymore.

 

“Shut the f_uck up, will you?!” That shocked both whiny girls, plus a speechless Baekhyun.

 

“Another live will be held. Gather everyone at the hall during lunch if you don’t want to miss it!” He hollered and pulled Baekhyun by the shoulder to take him away from the stupid girls. The firm yet caring touch caught Baekhyun’s attention and he blushed once again; a shade of wild rose creeping up from his neck.  

 

“What’s up with you, Creepyeol?!” Nana screeched but Chanyeol ignored them.

 

“All the songs yesterday were all dedicated to you, Baekhyun.”

 

Lub-dub 

 

Huh?!

 

"I’m gonna teach them a lesson.” Chanyeol continued as he pulled Baekhyun closer to him and the smaller boy just wanted to sigh and fall asleep right there and then.

 

Is Creepyeol…Phoenix?

 

ヽ(^o^)丿

 

Assembly Hall; Seoul High School | 1234

 

“Hey, what’s with the ruckus?!”

 

“Exo̱tikós is performing here?!”

 

“Who told you that?”

 

“You know that Creepyeol dude; tall, weird spectacles, weird voice.”

 

“Perhaps, Creepyeol is performing ‘Arirang’?!”

 

The whole crowd in the hall boomed with laughter at the mention of the last retort from a certain male student.

 

“Come on!”

 

“Yeah, let’s just finish this crap!”

 

The large doors of the hall’s entrance closed with a solid thud and the place seemed to have darkened by a few shades. A high pitched sound rebounded on the four walls of the building and the spotlight focused on a lone individual standing on the stage.

 

“Ahh, uhh, thank you, because, because…” he started off.

 

“Eh, what?! Creepyeol?!”

 

“Boo!”

 

“Get down!”

 

He continued, unaffected by the discouraging comments, “tha-thank you for coming to see my performance today.”

 

From below, the boo-ing and the insults erupted to no end.

 

A deep sigh followed by, “it’s f_ucking noisy, all of you, I swear,” the change in voice was obvious.

 

“What’s wrong with Creepyeol?”

 

The stuttering male’s character took a 180° turn and his hand reached up for his nerdy spectacles. While taking them off and replacing them with a half-mask on the other hand, he went on, “at first I was too lazy to care about you guys ‘cause you’re all not worth my time.”

 

Placing the mask which fit snugly on his baby-face, the strident crowd silenced each other to stare at the male above them.

 

“But some things you guys did got me really, really mad,” he said as the crowd gasped; the boys with slacked jaws and the girls with wild pink tints forming on their faces.

 

“So now, stop calling me f_ucking Creepyeol!”

 

As Baekhyun helped at the backstage area, he pulled the curtain swiftly at Jongin’s cue and revealed the other band members. Chanyeol ripped off his uniform and threw it out of sight, which fortunately lands in Baekhyun’s amazed arms. With his jaw literally open wide, he stared at the male who transformed from Creepyeol to Phoenix in a matter of minutes.

 

Amazing…

 

“Wow! The whole band is here! Oh my God!”

 

I’m getting goosebumps just by staring at the lead vocalist.

 

Then, Baekhyun caught the sight of Evil and Eviler; a name he formulated a few hours ago.

 

“Phoenix, I’m your biggest fan,” and their googly eyes widen.

 

Baekhyun wondered if they would pop out any moment.

 

Phoenix, no, Chanyeol, looked down at them and smirked. “Thanks,” he said and Baekhyun felt his smile drop, “but, I don’t like the two of you, at all.”

 

Even Baekhyun laughed his head off looking at their gob-smack reactions.

 

“Hit it, guys!” With Chanyeol’s cue, Jongin, Zitao and Yixing; whom Baekhyun acquainted a few hours ago, started off with their instruments.

 

Songs after songs were executed with wild perfection and the crowd went from wild to barbaric.

 

“I can’t hear you guys!” Chanyeol’s deep baritone voice boomed through the microphone and the crowd cheered on the top of their lungs.

 

In a blink of an eye, the school’s hall turned into a live Exo̱tikós concert.

 

...“All the songs yesterday were all dedicated to you, Baekhyun.”...

 

Is this, is this concert for me too?

 

Baekhyun studied each and one of them carefully. Lay; the group’s mother, with drug induced-like eyes and sharp features who introduces himself as Exo̱tikós’ unicorn Yixing, is currently charming the pants off of every boys and girls out there with his cute dimples yet serious keyboardist aura while his fingers danced freely against the ivory and ebony keys set in front of him.    

 

Zitao, or as fans call him ‘Tao’, was just amazing with his fingers waltzing across the electric guitar; plucking and strumming like there was no tomorrow. He was probably the most cheerful and childish among Exo̱tikós members since the boy clung himself onto Baekhyun like a panda – before an annoyed lead vocalist came over to pull the Chinese boy away from him. His eye bags giving his sharp feline-like feature a certain charm. He even showed Baekhyun certain Wushu moves when Kyungsoo told him about what really happened to Baekhyun the other day.

 

Oh my God! Speaking of Kyungsoo. I could just kill the little Satan's spawn! How could he?!

 

With his head thrown back, sleek brown hair falling according to gravity, sat Jongin, or popularly known as Kai, on the drummer’s seat. Radiating with iness, the male was currently hitting all the right places and it completed Exo̱tikós’s harmony. When Kyungsoo stepped in to the small room slash backstage for the school’s hall, Baekhyun was seriously taken by surprise when Jongin dashed towards the wide-eyed boy and engulfed him in a tight embrace. Kyungsoo looked at everywhere but Baekhyun. As the drummer flooded his best friend with kisses, Kyungsoo was turning red with embarrassment and failed to push the drummer off of him.

 

“Jonginnie, stop, please. My best friend over there is throwing invisible stones to kill me,” Kyungsoo pleaded and Jongin just chuckled.

 

Finally, the lead vocalist who is holding a special edition bass guitar, eyes ablaze behind the half-mask at the ever increasing crowd and winning the hearts of fanboys and fangirls with his deep velvety voice. The one who created the band and got the group up and moving. Chanyeol is a mix of mystery and solution at the same time, exuding iness yet emitting gracefulness. Baekhyun knew that such words are illogical, but what is hyperbole if you don’t use it to the max? Baekhyun felt really happy.

 

I’m so touched.

 

Without him realizing it, tears started rolling from his eyes.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, come here,” Chanyeol said above the noise and the other members slowed their beat to a somewhat romantic-feel tempo.

 

He offered a hand and encouraged Baekhyun to come closer, “I have something really important to tell you.”

 

When Baekhyun appeared from behind the curtain, with the help of Kyungsoo’s push and it cut the distance between him and Chanyeol. Baekhyun chose to take off the mask instead and looked properly into Chanyeol’s eyes; his Phoenix-gaze softened.

 

The lead vocalist took Baekhyun’s other hand and said, “I want you to be mine, Baekhyun.”

 

Then, something more amazing happened.

 

And no way in hell am I ever going to forget this.

 

Chanyeol tugged him forward and his lips landed right on the smaller male’s chapped ones. It was short and sweet, yet the crowd below them erupted into an uproar and chanted Phoenix’s name. That was probably the most memorable kiss of his life and his very first stolen by Exo̱tikós’ lead vocalist. 

 


3rd chapter. Added some stuff here and there. But, don't worry since it doesn't change the pace or the storyline. Comments are appreciated. Talk to me. Plus, I am not using any beta-help, so God forbid I make grave mistakes, but they're totally my fault. Please point them out if you've read anything weird along the way. Thanks for subbing InfernoBlade, TheCrazy15, babydeerdragon, issykiss ^^