Different.

Forgive Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]Forgive Me Not[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]Different.[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

Would Baekho bring his lover back? Would I be the cause of two deaths, or one? Did I even care? No. This was for the best. I had always been selfish. There was no reason to change now, no reason to stop his actions. It was all too much, that final coin on an already teetering tower. Crashing down like jenga blocks. Just like that last year of high school, Baekho was going to pay, in more ways than one. Would I finally be satisfied? Somehow I doubted it, but at the very least I would not have him messing up my life anymore.

I stood there in thought, staring at the innocent looking gas range before sighing heavily. I turned, turned back, took a step away, took a step back. Ugh. Murder should not be this hard! Should I just get a gun? I’d certainly go to jail, but hey, all I had to do was have a moment of impulse and pull the trigger and boom! Yay! Dead Baekho!

But the thought of this gas seeping silently through the house, suffocating, so different from the alarms and bells of that incident years ago…Why did I still love him, after all this time? I paused again, looking back.

 

 

A Couple of Months Ago:

“I love you, Ren.”

Slap.

“No, you don’t. Go away,” Ren turned, trying to go back into the bar. He had been dragged out here in the alleyway, and he didn’t like the situation one bit. His somewhat stalker had been in the bar every single time he performed, he should have anticipated something like this. He had avoided situations such as these until now, he supposed it was only a matter of time. The man clutched at his cheek, but his other hand was still wrapped around Ren’s wrist in a vice he couldn’t break.

“Let go!” Ren shouted, wriggling, struggling to get away. But the man only pushed him back against the wall, his bare right shoulder hitting the rough brick behind him. Yelping he snapped his knee up, kicking and flailing but the man either avoided them or didn’t care about the heavy boots whacking against his limbs.  

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” He shrieked as the man’s hand began to wander down his body, “I’ll report you!” he hissed, spitting in the face of his attacker. But this man was too drunk, too far gone to have any idea of what sins and crimes he was committing. Ren wanted to sob, but at the same time, why bother? Anger filled him, this wasn’t fair! His life was just one long mess. Maybe this time he could at least get a monetary compensation if this happened. But as the man’s lips forcefully descended upon his own he couldn’t stop the fear that swept in along beside the anger.

Whimpering in pain at the bruising force the drunkard exerted upon him, he gave one last valiant effort to pull away. He only tripped, falling against the very person he sought to escape. Ren’s eyes burned with tears that wouldn’t fall as he went limp. Shoved back against the wall again his shoulder scraped along the stone, a hand at the edge of his shirt before –

“HEY! Leave that girl alone!” his attacker was ripped away from him, and a resounding smack filled the air as fist connected with face. Legs no longer able to bear his weight he slid down the wall slowly to sit in shock. Unaware of the situation any longer, just thankful for an escape, horrified at the thought of what had almost occurred.

“Hey, are you alright?” Came a gentle voice from above him, and it was only as the man crouched down before him that a tingling sense of familiarity suddenly went through him. Slowly raising his head he locked gazes with the one person he had never intended to meet again.

Baekho was just as surprised as he, apparently, almost reeling back, unbalanced, “Ren?!” he gasped, but Ren was already up, dusting himself off, attempting to walk away, but Baekho caught the boy’s wrist. Ren winced, the skin still tender from the attacker’s hold, and finally cast his gaze about, finding the prone, passed out form in the corner of the dead end alleyway. Well at least that was one problem taken care off, Ren thought as he shook himself out of Baekho’s grasp.

“What the hell are you wearing?!” Baekho asked incredulously, darting in front of Ren, gaze roving up the other’s body. Ren’s cheeks had a sudden pink tinge, he knew what he looked like perfectly well, Baekho didn’t need to remind him. Slinky gold shirt sliding off the shoulder, jeans so tight it was any wonder he could move. His makeup was a mess now, but had been in a state of perfection before now, glossy eyeliner and mascara, diamonds glued at the corners. Sparkly clips held up his hair, all in all, Ren didn’t think it was too bad, he’d seen a lot worse in his profession.

“What’s it matter to you?” Ren snarled,

“I care that my old friend looks like a-a-a-“

“Go ahead, say it, stripper. I am well aware – no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter