Letters

The Ultimate CL Fanboy

Months later....

 
11 months ago, Jiyong-oppa left for Italy.
 
A lot of things happened in the past 11 months. Bommie-unnie and Seunghyun-oppa got into the top of the search engines. Bommie-unnie announced that she was dating Seunghyun-oppa and now she regrets ever announcing it. Not because her fanboys got angry but because Seunghyun-oppa himself gained some fangirls and now they are stalking him.
 
The song of Youngbae-oppa which I was asked to feature in climbed number 1 and received a perfect all kill just after its release. Youngbae-oppa didn't pursue me anymore and I think he's a bit jealous of Daesung-ssi. Whenever he sees Dara-unnie talks about him or wears a Doraemon shirt, he walks out or becomes really quiet. So I think, he really likes Dara-unnie after all. I hope he confesses.
 
2ne1 also promoted in Japan and we were received warmly. We were on top of the Oricon charts. We also now have a strong Japanese fanbase.
 
Seungri and Minzy. Who knew they were childhood sweethearts? It was really sweet that they met after so many years. They're together now. Well it's a secret since we still have a few months before we can actually date. Minzy followed my footsteps.
 
Sajangnim also asked me to start a solo album. I've written my own songs and Teddy-oppa and Kush-oppa helped me as well. I will be promoting at the end of this year...
 
...And after all of those events, Jiyong-oppa never contacted me. Not even once.
 
I know I was the one who asked for a break so I have no right to complain about how he didn't even contact me once. Was he mad at me because I wasn't there when he left? Did he not miss me? Did he not want to know how I am doing? I didn't know how to contact him. He didn't exactly leave me a contact number. Maybe he didn't really want to talk to me anymore.
 
I went out of my room and saw Seungri and Minzy cuddling in the living room. 
"Yah Seungri! What are you doing here? How did you get in?" I asked him as I sat on the side of the couch.
"I let him in unnie!" Minzy smiled.
Seungri took out photos, "Do you want to see pictures of Jiyong-hyung Chaerin? He sent me pictures through post. He lost a bit of weight. Look!"
"No. I don't wanna see it" I headed to the kitchen
"Who's this girl clinging onto him?" I overheard Minzy.
"I think that's his classmate. Sohee?" Seungri said.
"Why is she holding him like that? She looks annoying..." Minzy muttered.
 
Sohee? Sohee went to Italy as well?!

I went back to the living room and grabbed the pictures from Seungri.
"Yah Chaerin you might rip it!"

I saw him...he still hasn't changed. He looked a bit stressed though and he indeed lost some weight. 
I saw a picture of him and a girl although the face of the girl was a bit cropped. So this is half of Sohee's face...she looks cute. I bet Jiyong-oppa is so busy strolling the whole of Italy with her...
 
Chaerin. Don't be bitter. You were the one who asked for a break. Did you actually think he'll still love you the same way after that? You hurt him!
 
But why the hell didn't he contact me?! Like not even a friendly call. He really forgot about me!
 
"Chaerin! You're crumpling the pictures!" Seungri shouted.
I didn't notice I was already clenching my fists.
"Ah, sorry Seungri..." I gave him back the photos and went back to my room.
 
I guess I'm the only one who cares and is stuck in the past. I should probably move on too...
 
Later that day...

Bom's POV

The ahjumma who cleans our dorm came to visit. She is a clean freak and wanted every inch of the dorm spotless.
"Girls, do you want me to clean this room too? It's locked" she pointed at the spare room in the dorm.
"Chaerin didn't want it open 'cause it's all messy inside. We keep the fan mails and fan gifts we haven't opened yet there. They're all scattered on the floor so it's okay if you don't clean there ahjumma" I smiled.
"No. I'll clean it up for you girls. Should I just organize it and put the fangifts into shelves so it doesn't look messy?" she offered.
That's actually a great offer. I wanted to look at the fan gifts too. I just haven't got the chance since I couldn't be bothered with the mess.
"If you want. That would be awesome." I beamed.
 
After a few hours...
"You girls have a lot of fans! I arranged the gifts into shelves. I allocated a shelf for you, for Dara, for Chaerin and then for Minzy. You can see the fan gifts clearly now. I also arranged the fan mails. I put all of yours and the other girls mails into individual boxes. It's so dusty in there!" ahjumma wiped her hands with a clean towel.
"Thanks ahjumma!" I smiled.
"I didn't know you're famous internationally as well. I collect stamps so if you're finished with reading the fan mails, you can give the stamps to me. I have seen really beautiful stamps from the USA, Japan, China, Thailand, Italy, Vietnam, Philip-"
"Italy?!" Chaerin nearly spat her orange juice.
"Yeah. I think you're the one with the most letters from Italy." Ahjumma said.
Omo! Are those from Jiyong?
"Really, ahjumma?" Chaerin's eyes widened and ran to the spare room.
"Chaerin I just waxed the floor. You might slip! Slow down! Anyway, Bom I'll get going now. I will see you next week"
"Thanks for cleaning ahjumma! Do you not want any snacks first before leaving?" I offered.
"No! It's okay. I still have to clean Taeyang's dorm. I'll see you later!" she smiled and left.
 
Chaerin's POV
He can't be writing to me fan mail, can he?! 
He can't be....

I entered the spare room. Ahjumma really organized it. I saw my box of fanmails. I almost didn't want to open it.

I opened it and saw the fanmails into piles. A pile for each country.

My hand shook nervously as I rummaged through the box looking for the Italy pile.
And there it was, it was the tallest..

And they're all from Kwon Jiyong.....
 
----
246 letters...all from him.

Dear Chaerin, 
Hi from Italy!^^ I started school a week ago. The school system here is really strict! We're not allowed to use the internet unless it's for research! Most of the sites were blocked. But I have learned a lot so far.
How about you? How have you been since I was gone?
Is it a bit old fashioned that I use snail mail? ^.^
We've visited Grand Canal today. Someday I'll take you here!~
I love you!
Please write back!
 
Love, Jiyong-oppa
-----
Dear Chaerin,
Italy has been really, really cold lately. I didn't want you to worry so I always wore my coat. I don't want to get sick again. 'Cause you said you'll kill me! How are you there in Korea? I hope you're not getting sick too! I'll be worried as well~
I hope you guys are doing well.^^
Say hi to Bom-noona, Dara-noona and Minzy for me! 
Take care!!!!^^
Please write back!
I love you!
 
Love Jiyong-oppa
 
----
Dear Chaerin
 
Hey. How have you been? 
Seunghyun-hyung wrote to me about the release of your solo album at the end of this year. Sorry I really don't have internet access. It's all blocked.
I told him to reserve me an album so I will be one of the first ones to have your CD. I'm still a huge fan of yours.
 
I miss you Chaerin~
I really hope you write back!
I love you!^^
 
Love, Jiyong-oppa

-------
Dear Chaerin,
It's spring here in Italy. I saw really nice flowers and I remembered you. Sorry if I never gave you flowers. I will surely give you a nice bouquet when I get back!  
I've learned a lot about fashion and the Italian teachers said that my performance and designing skills are highly commendable.
I also learned a bit of Italian. 'Ti amo' that means I love you. Sadly, that's all I know. But I wanted to say that that to you anyway. Sorry for the cheesiness.~^^ 
I would love to hear how you guys have been doing so don't hesitate to write back!
Are you eating well? Please don't skip meals!
 
Please write back!
 
Love Jiyong-oppa
 
-----
I read every single letter. He told me of what he was doing and he constantly asked me of how I was. And I didn't even know that he was asking me. 
Then I got to the latest one. Which he sent three months ago...


Dear Chaerin,
I only got a few months before I go back to Korea.
I understand you're busy that's why you don't write back and that maybe I'm not in your priorities anymore. I completely get the hint. And don't worry. I respect that you've already had a change of heart. I just want to say that I really miss you and although you don't have the same feelings for me as before, I hope we would still be friends and you would still talk to me when I get back.
I will try and move on like you and I will always support you.
I will always be your number 1 fanboy.^^
 
Your biggest fan,
Kwon Jiyong
 
I burst into tears. So he did care for me and think of me for the past months!

But on his last letter...I think he already gave up on me...

Why the hell did he send me fanmail instead of calling me?! 
Did he not know that a lot of fans send us mail and it would take a while before I read all of them?!
I wanted to tell him a lot. I wanted to tell him I have achieved a lot the past 11 months he was gone. I wanted to share all my achievements.
I waited for him to call me
. The whole time I hesitated to find out ways on how to contact him 'cause I thought he didn't care about me anymore. I wanted to tell him thoughts of him already having forgotten about me were the main reasons I couldn't sleep properly at night.
I wanted to tell him that I've already reflected on myself and I've realized, I still love him. And now that I'm a bit mature than before, I think I can do better in our relationship. That is if he still wants to get back together with me.
 
"Chaerinnieee, you've been here hours! Let's eat dinner!" Bommie-unnie called me from the door.
"No unnie... You go ahead" I said between sobs.
"Are you crying?" She gasped as she saw the fanmails scattered on the floor "Chaerin-ah. Are all these...from Jiyong?"
I nodded my head as more tears formed. "They're all from him unnie. He's been writing to me all along! But now, he gave up on me unnie. 'Cause he thought I didn't care about him anymore cause I didn't write back to him. Why didn't he call me instead?! We do not live in the 20s anymore for goodness sakes!"
"I've heard he's been posting letters to people too instead of calling. I'm not even sure why." she kneeled down with me on the floor.
"Is there not a phone in Italy?! He's so annoying! I didn't know he would contact me like this. And here I am. Crazily waiting for him to call me! I almost gave up waiting you know. I really thought he didn't care about me anymore!"
"Chaerin-ah, he'll be back in a month. Maybe you can sort this out." she patted my back.
"The last letter he sent was 3 months ago! And he said he would move on. What if he has already moved on?!" I cried louder.
Bommie unnie hugged me,
"Don't be too pessimistic Chaerin, he still loves you! He loves you too much so I'm pretty sure it would take ages for him to move on"
"What if he already fell for Sohee? I've seen them in a picture together"
"Trust me Chaerin-ah, you're way better than Sohee. He will never exchange you for her. Chaerin-ah. Don't cry!"
 
That night...
I decided I should write back to Jiyong-oppa. Maybe clear things out a bit.
 
Dear Jiyong oppa, 

I'm too late, am I?

I read all your letters. I'm so glad your stay in Italy was productive and that you've learned a lot! I knew from the start that you have a potential and that you're the type that would do well in the fashion industry. 
I want you to know that I miss you too! Maybe even more than you miss me. You might think I don't since I never wrote back.
Actually, I only saw all your letters just now...all 246 letters. So I wasn't able to write back. I actually thought you were the one who forgot about me. So I got a bit bitter and told the unnies that I don't care about you anymore and forgot about you too when the truth is I thought about you a lot! When I go to the dance studio, I remember you. When I go to fansigning events, I remember you. When I see lakes, I remember you. When I see seafood, I remember you. 

I know we're not together anymore and so if you have already moved on, I know that I'm in no place to get mad at you for doing so. I'm so sorry for all the hurt I have caused you in the past. 
 
But even if you don't love me anymore, you're still my fanboy right?
You will still support me, right?

I will do my best for you to be proud of me. 
 
Love,
HunChae
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my gawd! It's so short! HAHAHA.
Will update soon! Sorry for the drama, this story is nearing it's end so it's being like this.
I appreciate feedback.Tell me if you like this chapter or if it completely wasted your life~~