The Fansign

The Fan Signing

The part I was dreading finally came up.  Again, I was at the end of the line.  For better or for worse I was the last fan they would see.  I sighed.  Maybe they would run out of time and I wouldn't have to talk to them.  They would still sign the booklet, but there wouldn't be any time to answer my highly inappropriate question.  It's almost like the gods hate me or something.  There was plenty of time at the end for them to talk to me.  Since I was the last in line, their conversations with me could be a lot longer too.  I was mentally cursing whatever gods were listening as I stepped up to the first seated EXO member. I think his name was Suho? I quickly looked at the nametag in front of his seat. I flipped the booklet to the helpful colored tab with his name on it.  Mika was kind enough to tab each picture with the name of the member. Thank god. There were twelve of these little bastards and there was no way for me to really memorize them.  I quickly flipped the book in front of him and placed it in front of his hand. I did not look up to meet his eyes. I was hoping he wouldn't realize who I was. When his hands, didn't move to sign the booklet, I risked glancing up at his face. I wish I hadn't as I took in his very handsome face and his lips twisted into a knowing smirk.  As I stared at him, I knew the tips of my ears were turning a bright shade of magenta.  This always happened when I was incredibly embarrassed.  As he held onto my gaze with his rich brown eyes, he signed the booklet without looking. He closed it and handed it back to me. "The answer to your question would be I do not know." he said, still smirking.

I smiled weakly and stepped in front of the next member. I hurriedly matched his name with the tab of Kai.  This one had a special sticky note with it, so I turned it around and pointed at it so he would read it.  The tanned young man glanced at the note, but smirked up at me. I rolled my eyes and raised one eyebrow as I tried to avoid his gaze.  He chuckled as he signed the photobook, closing it and sliding it back to me across the table. He didn't take his finger off it. I glanced up at him and his smirk widened into a grin.  "I have never done that before, but I am certain there are a few here who have and can answer your question." he answered, releasing the booklet.  I gulped audibly and stepped back from the table. This was getting embarrassing and I still had ten more members to go.  I sighed and stepped up to the next member.  He was a smaller boy with very large eyes. I stared at him for a minute before I pulled myself together and found his name in the photobook. His picture also had a special sticky note on it. He looked at the sticky note and smiled.  He wrote a note and signed his name.  He closed the book and looked up at me with a serious expression on his face.  I shifted from foot to foot nervously.  He smiled slightly as he handed the book back to me.  "I have not either, so I cannot really answer your question." he said, his large eyes never blinking.  I smiled weakly and bowed and turned to the next member.  I matched the name to the card in front to Chen.  This one also had a teasing gleam in his eye.  I groaned inwardly as I prepared the booklet for him to sign. I bowed and moved to slide the booklet across the table.  He frowned slightly when he looked at his photo, "Why do I not have a note? Are the others special?"  I cleared my throat nervously and attempted to explain. "My friends could not come today, so they wrote those notes to their favorite member."  Chen looked at me with widened eyes, "I am not a favorite?" he whined.  Suho suddenly appeared behind him.  "I did not get a note either." He leaned over Chen's shoulder and started to flip through the booklet. I stood there helplessly as the two young men exclaimed over the booklet.  "There are only six of my friends who wrote notes so..." I tried to explain.  Suho glanced up at me, "But there are seven notes in here." Surprised, I grabbed the booklet and went through the pages quickly. He was right, there were seven.  Two of them were from Mikka. The greedy little brat.  I shrugged and gave the booklet back to Chen. This time he signed it and handed it back to me. I thanked him and made to move to the next member when he piped up "I do enjoy it!" Shocked, I looked back at him with wide eyes.  He smirked and gave me that charming cheekbone smile. "The answer to your question. I really really enjoy it."

I gulped again and turned to the next member just as the person in front of me left.  That question was getting me in so much trouble.  Although that was very interesting about that Chen kid.  I looked at the nameplate and flipped the pages to the tab that matched. The guy's name was Chanyeol.  He looked pretty big and had ears that stuck out from his head.  His smile was slightly manic as I handed him the booklet.  His photo also had a note attached to it.  He looked at the note and gave me another smile.  He wrote a note on his photo and signed it and handed it back to me.  Before letting go he asked, "What made you ask that question?" Here I thought I had finally gotten away from it.  I sighed and told him the truth. "I thought the people running the fansign would screen the questions and only give you appropriate ones.  I thought if I made mine incredibly inappropriate, they would not pick my question and I would not have to stand up.  It did not work out that way."

He smiled again and I noticed he had a hell of a lot of teeth.  "By the way, I do enjoy it, when I enjoy the girl."

My ears were magenta again.  I was not even a fan and I was learning all sorts of things about these people.  I stepped up to the next member in the line, Baekhyun.  He had blonde hair and what was with all the eyeliner? The kid had some fierce winged eye game. Better than mine, but maybe he got a makeup artist to do it?  I handed him the booklet opened to his picture.  He frowned down at it and flipped the booklet over to Chanyeol's picture. He looked  up at me and pouted, "I do not have a special note? Why not?" I fidgeted with my fingers and looked down at my shoes. "I really do not know. My friends were the ones who made the special notes. I'm just the messenger. Please sign it so I can go to the next person." I begged.  Disgruntled, the blonde kid signed his name and handed it back to me, but his face broke into a smile when he recognized me and a teasing smirk settled on his lips. "Just to let you know, I also enjoy it quite a bit, with the right person." He winked as he let go of the booklet and I snatched it away and turned quickly to the next seated member.  Oh dear god, I had six more of them to go.