The Bargain

The Fan Signing

"You have got to be kidding me." I glared at Mika over  the top of my sunglasses. She seemed to be the spokesperson for the group of six girls who had accosted me after my shift at the club.  I knew the girls well. All of them were fresh out of high school and younger than me by at least four years.  All of them worked with me at the club as either dancers or waitresses.  I was their bartender and sometime bouncer as well as their older sister most of the time.

Mika as well as the other girls gave me pleading puppy dog eyes. "Please go to this for us? We all have testing or interviews that day but we really really want their autographs."

"Did you not think of this before you bought the ticket to the event?" I asked, exasperated.

Mika looked insulted. "Of course we did. But JJ can't go now because an interview for that placement at her university just came up and she can't possibly go to the fansign.  Please help us out. It's during your day off so you can get plenty of sleep."

I scoffed. Did they think I had nothing better to do than spend my day off with a bunch of screaming fangirls and unattainable men? Granted I had planned to laze around my apartment all day bingeing on junkfood and catching up on my latest favorite drama, but still. They acted like I had no life.

I sighed, "Okay. I'll do it. What am I having them sign?"

I was suddenly engulfed by six bouncing, screaming girls who were enthusiastically hugging and thanking me all at once.   After a few minutes of this I got annoyed enough to roar "Enough!"

The six of them quickly hid behind Mika who was holding out to me a booklet tagged with pink and green sticky notes.  I grabbed the booklet out of her hand and leafed through it. Each page had a different photo of some cute guy in a y pose.  All of them were ridiculously good-looking.  A few of the pages had sticky notes with writing on them.  I read one of the notes and looked at Mika with one eyebrow raised.  She grinned sheepishly at my expression. "The ones that have sticky notes are our personal biases." she explained. "Just show them the notes. The rest of them, if you could just get their autograph we would be so grateful."

I rolled my eyes behind my sunglasses and put the booklet, along with the ticket to the event in my canvas messenger bag slung across my body.  I turned around and waved a hand at the group of girls behind me. "I'll make sure to do that." I called, heading to my apartment.

 

 

I have nothing against EXO. Their music gets the girls in the club excited and that means more alcohol flows which means more money for me.  A lot of their stuff has a beat and you can dance to it and the remixes of some of their ballads makes the whole place hot and bothered.  But I did not relish the thought of waiting in line for several hours just to get an autograph of these guys.  Especially on my day off.  But I was going to help out my friends since they were kind enough to get me out of a fix a few weeks back.  This was the least I could do for them.  I keyed in the code to my apartment door and stepped into the single room with a kitchenette and an attached bathroom.  It was small and crowded, but it was home.  I took off my boots and rubbed my aching feet.  I slung my bag on one of the stools at the counter and landed facedown on my futon. I wondered what I was going to do as sleep rolled over me.

 

Two days later I was looking through my closet for something suitable to wear to a fansigning of a Korean boy band.  Mika suggested I wear something conservative and understated. Has she seen my wardrobe? I am a freak and I dress like one.  I'm a halfer, you see. My mom is Korean while my dad is an ex-pat from America.  We used to live in Seoul as a family, but my dad retired and they moved out to Busan after I graduated high school.  The problem is I look like a white girl but I have my mom's height and build as well as her eyes and style of hair.  I was always treated like the freak at school because my hair was naturally auburn and my skin is really pale. So by default I became the freak. I dye my hair insane colors and dress like an American punk. Currently only the tips were dyed in a rainbow of colors. I looked through what I had available and what the weather was going to be like. I took out my ripped black leather leggings and a heather gray open weave sweater. At least the colors weren't too loud. Under the leggings I put on a pair of neon pink tights.Under the sweater I wore a black lace camisole that showed off the dragon and phoenix fighting on my back.  A dragon for the east and a phoenix for the west. Two sides of my soul forever in a pitched battle. Figures it's on my back. I looked over my array of earrings sitting in my box, I had four piercings in my right and three on my left.  I put two silver studs, a laughing skull stud and a neon pink peacock feather in my right ear.  I placed one silver stud connected to a filigree earcuff in my left ear plus a spike and another laughing skull stud. I put another spike through my eyebrow piercing over my left eye.   I didn't put any jewelry through my other piercings. I wanted to be conservative. Well, for me at least.  I put my straight, waist length auburn hair with the multicoloured tips in a high ponytail.  I rimmed my eyes with a purple eyeliner and put a couple coats of mascara on.  I covered my lips with a blood-red lipstick colour. I stepped back to get a look at myself in the tiny mirror hanging on the outside of my closet. This was as good as it got. I put on my knee high black leather boots with the nail studs running up the back and my black leather motorcycle jacket.  I checked my canvas messenger bag for the booklet and the ticket and made my way out to my motorcycle parked in the courtyard of the aparment complex.  The bike was my birthday present from my dad. It's a Hyosung GT650R. with a custom paint job of dark purple and fully loaded. I love it. I thought my mom was going to kill him.  I hopped on my bike and put on my motorcycle helmet, after adjusting my ponytail, and prepared myself for a long ride from my place in Itaewon to the Lotte mega mall by Gimpo airport.