EXO-K High Cut interview

EXO GIFS/PICS/VIDS/INTERVIEWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM Entertainment's fresh faces, EXO-K, recently graced the cover of 'High Cut', a fashion publication that has some of K-Pop's most iconic stars under its belt. Amidst the magazine's glossy pages featuring the six up-and coming-idols, the EXO-K boys sat down for a brief interview, spilling their pre-debut stories, dorm room antics and future goals. While the boys seemed timid and shy by the unfamiliar atmosphere of an interview, High Cut's first encounter with these young idols proved to be a down-to-earth and a heartwarming one.



- Because EXO is SM Entertainment's newest project since 2009, there is obviously a lot of expectations for the group. Any last words before the big debut?

Suho: All 12 of us have been working diligently to deliver the best music and performances, not just in Asia, but for the whole world. We will try our best to continue our strong work ethics for EXO-K and EXO-M to become an established group.




- What are some of your most memorable moments as a trainee?

Kai: When we were all trainees, we made up this motto that would keep us motivated. It was "Giving, rather than receiving is what training is all about." Celebrities are given so much love from fans, so on top of our training in singing and dancing, we also wanted to train ourselves in giving love back. To do this, all of us volunteered at the RCY shelter to help disabled children, playing with them and tidying up the facilities. Those little bits and pieces all added up to so much in the end, and whenever we look back, we can't help but smile. We will never forget those times.




- Let's talk dorm rooms: who rooms with who?

Chanyeol: There are three rooms in our dorm, so two members share one room. I room with Baek Hyun, Se Hun with Suho, and Kai with D.O.

 

- So then each of you must know about the others' sleeping habits.

Baek Hyun: Chanyeol's breathing is way too loud! And on top of that, he does this loud sniffling thing before he falls asleep. I just can't fall asleep with all that noise.

Chanyeol: Well you (Baek Hyun) yelp like a dog like 40 times before falling asleep!

 

- How about the rest of you, does your roommate have any strange bedtime habits?

(The rest of them shake their heads) No, we all sleep peacefully and happily!

Baek Hyun: (Looking at Chanyeol) Maybe we shouldn't have mentioned we do all of that...

Chanyeol: But we love each other though (laughs)

 

- Is there a schedule as to who is on for laundry and cooking duties?

Se Hun: Usually, all of us do laundry and house cleaning, and all that stuff on our own. We pick who's on dish washing duty, but most of the time, we all wash our own dishes. But we've been recently playing games to see who has to do it all, kind of like in '1 Night 2 Days'.

 

- So who's the best gamer out of the six?

All: Kai, definitely. He's like a sniper, you know. He's good at just about any game.

 

- Who's the clean-freak of the group?

Se Hun: D.O. is. When you go to his room and open up all his drawers, I guarantee you you'll find everything neatly piled and organized. He even sorts his shirts by color and by type. Ah, well this isn't to say that the rest of are unclean. We're all pretty good with keeping our things organized, but D.O. is the cleanliest.




-When you first joined SM, who was the one sunbae you wanted to be close with?

Chanyeol: When I was younger, I wasn't really in the know about idols or singers, but the first idol group I ever got into was TVXQ. Out of the five members, I liked Yunho sunbae the most. He was just so charismatic and I respected his unconditional care and leadership

Suho: Yunho sunbae has helped us so much throughout our trainee days. Whether it be dancing, singing or performing, he was always there to help us. Leeteuk sunbae has a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter