Beautiful Moment

When You're Away

A/N: Happy Birthday Luhan!

 

 

*

 

 

What happened that night slowly made a change in Kai and Luhan relationship. Silence was still in the air but there’s no cold shoulder or mourning face anymore. Their mouth still locked from talking each other heart out but now on their eyes spill the hope and the spark of the love which wasn’t impossible to reach. They became comfortable to express their thirst for presence by standing close, intruding each personal space and didn’t have to ask for permission if they let their shoulders rubbed or if one’s grabbed the other’s hand or if they whispered so intimately, with Luhan lips kissed Kai ears or with Kai laugh ghosting over the beauty neck.

 

‘KaiLu!’

 

‘KaiLu!’

 

‘KaiLu!’

 

The loud fan-chant addressed to them startled both Kai and Luhan and made them realized they were standing in the middle of stage, with thousands pair of eyes fixed on them. It heated Luhan skin with embarrassment to think how ignorant he was to the world when Kai was around. He took a peek at Kai to find if Kai felt the same and because the younger was laughing shyly Luhan felt he was dying.

 

This wasn’t what he wanted to get from Kai.

 

This was faaaar better than any love he ever had. It’s like he became younger by ten years and experienced a true first love where there are only irrationality and nervousness and also fear, if he should kept falling in love with this handsome brunette or if he had to stop it now. It’s a young and wild love that Luhan even forget who he was and why he’s here, if Kai looked into his eyes and gave him those deadly smile.

 

.

 

“Kai?”

 

The MC asked Kai to answer the question thrown to the members of ‘describing the person on your right side.’ And when it was Kai turn, so many fans screamed that it needed a while before Kai cleared his throat. Still, when he saw into Luhan eyes all he could do was smiling so wide and chuckling in excitement his face getting hurt from it,

“Luhan hyung was…” He felt dizzy with this stupid nervousness, he blamed it to his ‘stage fever’ but actually Luhan presence next to him giving more impact than became the center of attention in this building, “if I had to describe him in one word, I would say… he’s cute…” and he laughed, a bit mocking himself who tried his best ignoring Luhan just to kneel and admit it in public that since the first time he met the older boy, he’s already captivated under Luhan’s charm, “simply said he’s just so…” Kai caressed Luhan shoulder for attention and when Luhan took a glance at him Kai chuckled again for his rushed heartbeat,

“beautiful…”

 

The fans screamed again, as Luhan didn’t know what to react aside taking a deep breath and patting Kai in the back, with appreciation. Still laughing, Kai eyes watched Luhan who now talked about Lay. There, he said it, everything he felt about Luhan and for a moment he was at ease.

 

.

 

OMG KAI SAID I’M BEAUTIFUL!

Chibi-Luhan screamed and run around inside his head while pulling his own hair in reaction for this dreamy moment. The real him was still in daze, still numb over the happiness Kai just poured into him in the shape of sweet words and intense gaze. It healed this wounded heart completely, even though Luhan should aware if it’s just fan-service. But this is Kim Jongin we talked about and ‘Kai’ character created to give hip s and made fan girls died in bliss, so having intimate moments with other members wasn’t really in the boy’s job list. It’s Chanyeol job, actually.

  

Luhan didn’t even care what kind of crap he said to Lay, his brain kept replaying the moments from before after getting infected by Kai’s virus of cheesiness. Not mention that every time he saw Kai, he will have this gleam smile plastered on his face and Kai will return it with a playful snicker. Oh, Kim Jongin you’re such a bad boy! Luhan whined mentally for this heart fluttered over the tease.

 

.

 

When they went back to the backstage Luhan tried to catch up with Kai’s fast walking but then Kai stop abruptly it made Luhan bumped his face to Kai’s back neck. Luhan immediately stepped back while murmuring a low sorry, ignoring his urge to smell how intoxicating Kai’s scent was.

“What is it, Luhan hyung?” Kai looked at him dumbfounded-ly, “don’t complain about what I said about you, okay? I heard enough scold (and invisible yet unbearable pinch to my poor waist) from Suho hyung already-…”

“Thank you.” Luhan cut the boy words with gratitude and a best smile he could manage, “for saying such good thing about me. I hope I could do the same to you when it’s my turn.” He didn’t want to ask Kai why because he afraid Kai will say it’s just nonsense, or even worse, if Kai did it because the fans will like it. His heart suffered already from this unconfirmed love he didn’t want to cut himself another wound.

So he excused himself from Kai and went back preparing for his stage.

 

.

 

“Just how fool you can be?”

Kai already prepared himself to see Sehun’s wrath. He even practiced in front of mirror a few times before at how he will tell Sehun his feeling about Luhan and how he wanted the older to be his, completely. However, when Sehun approached him with face scrunched in irritation, the boy asked why the hell he had to slip on his way back after they performed ‘Angel’. Dumbstruck with the different question, Kai reacted by smiling sheepishly at the youngest. Yeah, he fell on his but it didn’t even feel hurt, only gave tremble of shock smeared around his waist, then it slowly faded away.

“Do you worry about me?” Kai asked in tease and he got pushed and slapped on his back before Sehun retreated with low grumble of, ‘stupid, you’re too stupid kkamjong don’t be a performer if you’re that clumsy!’

Kai did a little stretching, carefully to feel if he’s still had ache and when he was sure there’s nothing wrong in him except for the rush of excitement and nervousness, Kai decided he was ready for their last stage.

 

 “EXO, be ready in a minute!”

 

Yet, when he started walking again, a sharp pain hit his back and made his chest tightened, suffocated and prevent his lung from inhaling the air. He sighed, took a big gulp of breath from his mouth and slowly gathered his strength again as other members walked passed him.

 

“Kai, are you okay?”

 

A hand tapped his shoulder and a soft voice murmuring in worry. Kai didn’t need to turn to see it was Luhan, so while mentally praying that he would be okay just like Luhan had said, Kai stand up straight and began walking again, “yeah I’m okay hyung,” he said in a low growl, “come on,” he grabbed Luhan wrist, maybe a bit too tight as they followed their friends to the stage.

 

 

*

 

“AAARGH!”

 

“Stop it, you’re such a crybaby!”

 

Kai couldn’t help but chuckling lightly to see cutie pie Tao crying a river next to him. After showcase, both of them experiencing back injuries and so Tao’s mom and their manager hyung brought them to get massage, later in the evening. It was hurt and comforting in the same time, but Kai could forget his stinging pain because he was busy watching Tao struggling with the spa worker.

 

“Just make it painful to him so he won’t forget doing warm-up before dancing again,” Manager snickered in encouragement, much to scare Tao.

“I said I’m sorry!” Tao cried, “Tiaaaaaan! Help meeeee!” he called his mother in mourn.

 

Kai stuffed his face into the sheet.

“Kai, how could you stand it? Isn’t it hurt?” being ignored by everyone made Tao pointed at Kai, “hey, say something don’t ignore-ARRRGH, STOP TRYING TO KILL ME!”

 Kai can’t stand it anymore and laughed so hard.

This is sure refreshing.

 

.

 

When he was back to his room, he found Luhan on Dio bed, lying on the chest and presenting a tasty view in an animated boxer to Kai. For a while Kai could only froze, had trouble deciding if he should ask Luhan why the boy was here or if he should just open his pants and humped on those alluring flesh. He his own lips, and shuddered in fear upon the dryness attacking his throat for this crazy love he had to Luhan.

“Ah, Jongin.” Luhan sat on the bed, smiling heavenly like the luscious scene from a while ago didn’t make Kai hard enough already, “how was your back?” asked the older, innocently.

“Fine.” Kai took careful step to his bed, now he had a feeling he made a mistake by getting close to Luhan. He’d just know Luhan was very clingy. It’s cute, but Kai afraid if Luhan get attached too much to him, one day he will lose his mind and just, ravished Luhan wherever and whenever he wanted. It won’t be a problem if they were lovers, but they’re still in this state where saying love is the same with activating grenade inside their pocket. They’ll explode and became a huge mess, not in a good way.

“Why are you here, hyung?” Kai asked.

“Well,” Luhan looked excited as the boy began explaining, “I was in Suho bedroom with Dio and Baekki, when Kris asked Suho to sleep together for only God knows why, then Sehun became like, ‘hey let’s play truth and dare’ since Suho wasn’t there and we don’t have to sleep early. However when it’s my turn, I chose ‘dare’ and Dio said he dared me to sleep with you.” like it was no matter to Kai now thumping heart or growing hardness, Luhan shrugged while giggling, “so here I am now.”

As whom? Kai felt itchy to ask if Luhan here to be a simple bedmate or as his groin said, more.

 “Good.” Kai nodded while smiling, probably the only thing he could do was lying on his own bed and covered the arousal from Luhan, “then good night, Luhan hyung. Sleep tight.” He said without even looking at the older boy because he swore, he will do something very bad tonight if he took a glance on such angelic face again.

 “What?” What he didn’t expect, Luhan got up from Kyungsoo bed and climbed on him, didn’t give him any room to even move an inch as the beauty sat on his stomach, trapped his body with those thighs and paralyzed him with the attack of sulking face, “Jongin, you’re sleeping already?”

 

Then, do you want to make out?

 

Kai cleared his throat, again. Crap. He almost said such dangerous words.

 

“Why not, I’m tired.” Kai answered skeptically, although his heart only thumped hard and harder when he saw disappointment clouding on Luhan. It was too cute, that he became so jealous with anyone close to this boy, including Sehun, who already befriend Luhan for years and saw so many expressions of this beauty. The jealousy built strong and stronger that he breathed out the nervousness in his mind and raised his hand to touch the tip of Luhan nose, “fine, what about the thing you want to say to me before? Have you remembered it yet?” it’s not a good topic since the kissing scene re-appeared in their conscious again and made their face fumed in dark red. But it also made Luhan giggled shyly as the boy shifted to lie next to Kai, with face turned to see him and doe eyes staring at him with anticipation.

 

“I misjudged you.”

 

Luhan started by whispering softly, “I thought you became cold because you hate me, then I found out you’re just shy and I’m a very easy-going person. I can’t understand shy people feeling. I must intruding your space too much, Jongin…” by saying that Luhan smiled apologetically and Kai really appreciated it how mature Luhan saw the misunderstanding in between them,

 

“But I do curious, why do you so cold to me?”

 

Because I love you, hyung. Kai already confessed it from his gaze but he mapped Luhan face by his hand and letting out a happy smirk when Luhan leaned into his touch, “a friend trust me with a promise.” he answered as he remembered about Sehun’s feeling for Luhan and he didn’t want to be an who just took advantage the situation and snatching Luhan right under Sehun nose. Well, judging at how he molested Luhan lately, he’s already close to that. “It was said that you were so precious, so pure and I shouldn’t taunt you to the dark side.”

“Who said that?” Luhan snorted with cheeks getting reddened from embarrassment, “that’s very stupid. I’m not innocent Kai, I’m an adult and I have my own dark side.”

 

If you are and we’re already this close, can we make love, then?

 

 “I know.” Kai pushed away the dirty thought from his mind. He took a note to learn more about self-restriction in the future. But he was afraid with Luhan around it might be useless. “But I admit you were too cute for your age, hyung.” He said.

“Oh stop it, sweet talker.” Luhan giggled again.

“I’m serious, hyung. I remember the first time we’ve met. I had cold sweat seeing you in long hair, I thought you’re a candidate for Miss China…” Kai laughed, while inviting Luhan to share a blanket together and spend the night chatting and flirting until their eyes became heavy. In the end, Luhan scooted into Kai chest and with that Kai hugged Luhan loosely and pecked the older boy a good night kiss on the head.

 

 ‘I love you, Kai…’

 

Drowsily, Luhan whispered it to his heart Kai had an urge to open his eyes and ask the boy clearly if their love had the same meaning but the fatigue took over the control of his body and refuse his need to care. He could only hope the dream and reality didn’t blend yet so he could make sure the words really came from Luhan, not in a form of his silly imagination.

 

 *

 

“Thank you.”

 

Sure if Kai could read Dio mind, the big eyed boy would be so surprised with the sudden exclamation and then felt creepy to see the unusual bright face of Kim Jongin first thing in the morning, because Kai will always look sleepy and gloomy, all the times. Of course, Kai would blame it to Luhan, for giving him the best night he ever had, so far, and also thanks to this sweet pea named Dio who dared Luhan to.

 

“For what?” Kai already expected Dio to ask that.

 

But he didn’t just say ‘thank you for letting Luhan sleep in his arms’ that will sound gay and even though there’s rumor around trainees that Dio had lusty body which could ingest common man with gayness, Kai never saw or experienced it by himself so he snickered at his bedmate, “thank you for being cute too today…”

 

A pink plush hit his face yet instead getting annoyed he laughed in amusement. However, when Kai realized it's 'Pinku' which hit him, he immediately threw it on Dio bed, or Sehun will accuse him for hiding it. Sehun wasn't really into cute things but this doll was a gift from the boy's special someone and Sehun always took a good care of his belongings. Besides, their attention moved on the bathroom door, which now swayed open and revealed Luhan who was freshly out of shower using Kai's spare clothes,"Kaaaaaaaai," calling his name like singing a cute jingle, Kai really want to jump and cornered the older right now, "you can use the shower now, eh?" Luhan removed the towel from his damp hair when he spotted Dio, "Dio you're back."

"Morning hyung." Dio replied flatly, "Have you got a good night sleep, last night?"

Kai knew Dio probably just asking randomly but the way Luhan blushed and getting anxious wasn't good to see. It will only make people suspicious so Kai opened his mouth, ready to answer when they heard Dio sighed, "I slept like, five minutes before Suho hyung back and ask the rest of us to get up and be ready." and the mumbling continued as Dio walked passed Luhan like living dead and made his way into the bathroom. Luhan watched the closed door with pity, but the boy said nothing and sat at the end of Kai's bed, "oh, there's spongebob around this time." he said to himself and took the remote.

 

Seeing Luhan back made Kai believed he was in serious trouble. He was trapped in an immortal love. No matter how many times he died from heart attack, he'll get resurrected and alive once more just to die again and repeating the cycle. Yet he never regretted it and prefer to just enjoy this love growing by shifting and scooted until he was behind Luhan, hauling the older boy to sit comfortably on his lap and turn him into a living chair. Luhan was blushing at the intimacy but the beauty only gave Kai his heavenly smile and Kai returned it with a loose hug around Luhan waist.

 

Yep, he was sure they're both in love.

 

*

 

how was it?