while you are dreaming

the moon, the stars and you.

while you are dreaming

You cry to me, desperately for freedom, that I can’t help but to promise a better, better world than the prison you are living in now. There are invisible chains on your legs and your hands too, and your tongue is sealed with a curse. When the night comes you are screaming from nightmare and beg for a little bit of light. I can’t even lit a candle so I just sit right there letting you clutch my hand, burying your nails deep on my skin, in hope my pain could ease yours.

You hate lullaby, cause it drives you to sleep that you fear. But sometimes insanity creeps in, so strong you are scared to be in your own head, and so you ask me to sing. I long to save you but love is never an enough savior. I seal my lips and cry in silent at night when you are not looking. The only reason for me to be by your side is because you need me and therefore I must be strong.

I give you my world but it’s never wonderful enough for someone like you who fancy infinity and wonder ideas. While what I have in my little world is love and comfort. You see walls as confinement while I want to use them to build us a home. Your dream is as vast as universe while for me you have been my only dream. Sometimes I wonder why love is never enough. Sometimes I wonder the possibility that maybe love can save if only I am not the only one in love.

And so while you are dreaming, I’ll be on my own keeping you save from reality.