today till midnight

the moon, the stars and you.

today till midnight

It’s a peaceful times like this I like the best. When my shoulder and her shoulder, Su Ji’s, bruises softly against each other as we walk side by side. Our steps are in the same rhythm, left, right, left, right, her steps are normally big and fast but in times like this when I can sneak my fingers between hers, she’ll slow down just so we can hold hands a little bit longer.

“I’ll make the dinner today.” Su Ji’s legs are long, slender, inviting, but they aren’t enough to take her to reach the top shelf. Her slanted fingers are dangling in the air, her heels raised from the floor.

I reach out to take the milk out before she spills it to both of us with her careless motion. “I’ll help.”

Su Ji’s turn around, body against body, there’s a big smile showing rows of her neat white teeth with the addition of her two bunny front teeth. She’s taking the entire oxygen around us all for herself.

“You got to help me to do the dishes for return.”

Su Ji gives a pout, red lips curls; she still doesn’t let me breath. Then she smiles, solemnly, her cheeks are the color of sweet pink and suddenly my head is lighter and my heartbeats stay rapid and loud but it’s no longer painful and it’s easier to breathe and with every breath I take it smells of her. It smells of strawberry and vanilla, and milk too.

“Why are you so happy from the thought of doing the dishes?” I snort. And now she put on twisted expression, between smirking and grinning, her face is ridiculous. Ridiculous. I want to jump through the window down to the first floor, six floors under, because I think it’s ridiculously beautiful.

“It’s rare we that we have peaceful times like this, you know? When we can go home together hand in hand and you can help me with dinner and I can help you with dishes.” Her face is no longer shades of pink, it’s red but not the ugly red that is blood, something more beautiful but just as lethal, something that is her, that is me, that is us; rose.

“It’s a peaceful times like this I like the best,” she finishes.

The silence is deafening around us and all I can hear is my own heartbeat, maybe hers too, I can no longer find the difference between them. They have move in the same rhythm the same thump, thump, stop, thump, thump, stop. Two heartbeats are what it takes to deafened the fear.

When I lean to kiss her we both stop breathing at the same time. The next moment we share the same breath. Her hand flings to my shoulder. Most of the time she is the girl stronger than me but at times like this she is the hand clutching my shirt and gaze of trusting me.

We aren’t going to say anything. She will not ask the reason and I will not answer cause what we have in the moment are things we only have in a peaceful times like this.

It’s a peaceful times like this we like the best when we both can love without fear.